NGS Headline 8/24

Global Page https://ngs.pso2.com/news/media/pso2headline20210824

Global Stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXsIEgJuyvE

JP Page https://pso2.jp/players/news/28276/

JP Stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdJKYtDrgc8

Get ready for your next round of cash grabs with a little side of "content".

There will be an Autumn event in September and Bouncer won't come until October.

Lets see if they spit in our faces again.....high likely yes.

Expecting 4 AC scratches, 2 SG scratches and a new cosmetic pack for about $40 at the minimum.

I hope we get more fashion, we have so little to work with.

Oh, also we're getting a repeat of last month's event aaaand that's it thank you for playing prease understand.

I'm surprised with them still having the like to dislike ratio still being shown.

@Drbgamez said in NGS Headline 8/24:

I'm surprised with them still having the like to dislike ratio still being shown.

Chat on the otherhand is gone now though lol

@Vashzaron Indeed lol

On a more serious note, they need to make this event SUPERIOR to the 9th Anniversary event, not just the same enemies except with a different weakness and an exchange shop. Give us like a seasonal UQ or something, just something different.

On a more serious note, they need to make this event SUPERIOR to the 9th Anniversary event [...]

That's a fairly low bar, you could reach it just by having the shop reset every week.

@Zoe said in NGS Headline 8/24:

On a more serious note, they need to make this event SUPERIOR to the 9th Anniversary event [...]

That's a fairly low bar, you could reach it just by having the shop reset every week.

If they do that they may delay the winter update

Phashion wise, I'm still waiting on that Duskwake Regalia remake.

People getting too excited with all those thumb downs, going to get deleted by youtube before stream

Wow, I just saw that:

@HarmlessSyan said in NGS Headline 8/24:

People getting too excited with all those thumb downs, going to get deleted by youtube before stream

I don't want to sound mean, but couldn't they wait until after the video was done and over? I get that Sega should be scrutinized, but that should be reserved only if Sega pulls the "scripted" announcement again, or rejects proper communication with concerned players. But then again, I feel a Bethesda "Fallout 76" vibe coming from Sega though 🤒.

The Manon SG scratch on the 25th is probably going to be like the Aina one, and if so it'd last 7 weeks meaning no new SG scratches until mid-October.

Consequently we may see 5 AC scratches in the 5 Wednesdays in September, though I'd really like to see us go a week without a new one since Prologue... 3 or 4 if I remember... mentioned they were planning for 2-3 new AC scratches each month and they've been more frequent than that so far. One of the new AC scratches will likely be Oracle Renewal 3 of course.

There's a new event coming? It'll be interesting to see what they can do with it. The game doesn't have a diverse enough activity set to populate an event. I'm starting to miss the bingo cards that asked us to hit a gathering fever, kill a level 40 Zeshraider, talk to Leontina, complete a Xia client order and win 500 coins in Arkuma slots. Hopefully we don't get a ton of event-only client orders because the game is desperately lacking those outside of events and if we get a bunch in the event only it'd mean effort was wasted on something temporary that could've been permanent.

They have hinted there's more to announce soon that they weren't ready to announce yet (though I can't remember where). Could be smoke, but would be nice to have a nice surprise, and a real one rather than another literal 5 minute side story quest that can't be repeated.

So... sonic collab

Autumn event looks somewhat similar to 9th anni event, seasonal points and stuff - and instead of lightning weapons, it's ice weapons

New scratches... well someone asked for a bunny suit... and Sci-Fi samurai/ninja

Bouncer teaser vid

Ending of the videos is quite different between JP and Global

Zutomayo collab coming to global

JP getting other physical goods with in game item codes this winter at their Lawsons and hobby shops

Next Headline October 5

They dialed back the scratches slightly.

Silver linings I guess.