When it launches on PC

@Havox3 said in When it launches on PC:

@Mattwo7 I don't really care who is running the show, SEGA JP, SEGA NA, Microsoft, ESTsoft or a drunk hobo living under offices windows. I'm extremely not happy how the communications are currently being handled.

What do you want them to tell you? "Oh, thanks for your 26166565 post asking for a release date, the game will come out sooner now....

They cant give you more info, only Spring (they can say "Release Tomorrow" today or 19 june, and still keeping their promise).. more patient and wait to 19 june to share your disappointed with Sega, Microsoft and community if you want

@GentleWaifu said in When it launches on PC:

What do you want them to tell you?

I'm not picky. SEGA can write something, anything about the progress of PSO2 NA PC release. Official blogpost or news update, not one liners on twitter.

@GentleWaifu said in When it launches on PC:

more patient and wait to 19 june to share your disappointed with Sega, Microsoft and community if you want

I'm sorry that ship has sailed, I've been disappointed with SEGA for 12 years for not releasing Condemned 2 on PC.

I'm extremely not happy how the communications are currently being handled.

What does it matter? It's coming to PC no matter what...

I've been disappointed with SEGA for 12 years for not releasing Condemned 2 on PC.

What did I tell you? SEGA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NA VERSION, MICROSOFT IS! SEGA'S PAST ACTIONS LITERALLY DO NOT EVEN REMOTELY MATTER HERE!

@Mattwo7 said in When it launches on PC:

I'm extremely not happy how the communications are currently being handled.

What does it matter? It's coming to PC no matter what...

I've been disappointed with SEGA for 12 years for not releasing Condemned 2 on PC.

What did I tell you? SEGA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NA VERSION, MICROSOFT IS! SEGA'S PAST ACTIONS LITERALLY DO NOT EVEN REMOTELY MATTER HERE!

The game does say SEGA btw.

And we see that such modus operandi is useful. While many publishers/devs fail in releasing their games in specific dates, when you work with a flexible date, you will not have problem with that.

See? I know devs who write step by step their news and the game has delays. The most edge example is Star Citizen. And there are companies that do in the other way. Each company has its rules. We have to deal with it. They are not cheating us. They are following their way.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

You can't really say it's delayed if a date was never promised in the first place.

@Mattwo7 The game isn't "delayed", it's been out for almost a decade. It's exactly BECAUSE of this that having almost zero news about the western PC version when it's been asked for for years is so irritating and why so many are losing their patience.

The game flatout says both the developer and the publisher is Sega. At no point does it actually say Microsoft is doing everything while Sega is twiddling their thumbs.

You talk quite a lot, but never back anything up.

@Subject-Astra said in When it launches on PC:

The game isn't "delayed", it's been out for almost a decade.

Xbox One runs on a stripped down Windows 10 operating system, look it up yourself if you don't believe me, so if it's the same game as the one that's "been out for almost a decade", why does it have bugs the Japanese PC version doesn't? That logic might work when it comes to the availability of the Japanese PC version but it doesn't work here.

The game flatout says both the developer and the publisher is Sega. At no point does it actually say Microsoft is doing everything while Sega is twiddling their thumbs.

I never said "Sega is twiddiling their thumbs", I said they were working on the coding. I must admit I do regret saying what I said without having a clear way of backing it up though. That was a big mistake on my part. I usually don't run my mouth like that.

Thing is the more I think about it the more likely it may actually get dropped in June . Now I find it strange it’s under Windows 10 when as you know the game is 8 years old . June is when the JPN server is suppose to have this huge update . do you think there may be some sort of link to this ? Prehaps a overhaul in graphics , system and such to go with next gen consoles under a named exspansion .

As such it may be coming the same time as the JPN (as spring 2020 is still spring) . This would also explain why they cannot give a date under the chance it could get pushed back if it’s part of that giant update

@RagnarokSlayer said in When it launches on PC:

June is when the JPN server is suppose to have this huge update . do you think there may be some sort of link to this ? Prehaps a overhaul in graphics , system and such to go with next gen consoles under a named exspansion .

As I've said before, it's probably going to be an update like SWG's NGE, WoW's Patches 4.0.0-4.0.3a ("The Sundering") and Maplestory's Big Bang update. Plenty of reason to doubt that there will be a paid expansion like Trials of Obi-Wan and Cata but it's possible...

@RagnarokSlayer said in When it launches on PC:

Thing is the more I think about it the more likely it may actually get dropped in June . Now I find it strange it’s under Windows 10 when as you know the game is 8 years old . June is when the JPN server is suppose to have this huge update . do you think there may be some sort of link to this ? Prehaps a overhaul in graphics , system and such to go with next gen consoles under a named exspansion .

As such it may be coming the same time as the JPN (as spring 2020 is still spring) . This would also explain why they cannot give a date under the chance it could get pushed back if it’s part of that giant update

It is highly doubtful for something that big coming to PSO2. Those kinds of massive changes would only be made for a brand new game, such as Phantasy Star Online 3. The core game should still be essentially the same and it is unlikely to get paid expansions without making it buy2play (pay once for the game and never again with no free play available).

@Ragnawind said in When it launches on PC:

Those kinds of massive changes would only be made for a brand new game

My above reply gives three different examples of updates like that that weren't new games. They may have all alienated a lot of players but I'm sure Sega Japan can learn from those mistakes. Not to mention they already had issues with PSU alienating PSO fans so it's not like they're going to change the core gameplay too drastically.

Edit: Also the big update isn't in June, it's "Later"...

Edit 2: The 20th Anniversary of PSO is in December. This is probably important.

@Mattwo7 said in When it launches on PC:

why does it have bugs the Japanese PC version doesn't?

Because videogames have bugs. That superego you mentioned really does prevent you from realizing when you say something nonsensical.

@Subject-Astra said in When it launches on PC:

Because videogames have bugs.

Of course video games have bugs, that's besides the point.

That superego you mentioned really does prevent you from realizing when you say something nonsensical.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/72/phantasy-star-online-2-community-guidelines

Spamming & Trolling

Keep the conversation going by focusing on what we are all here for: our shared interest in Phantasy Star Online 2. By participating in our official social media pages and forum, you agree to not use the services for:

b. Replying to another user’s post/comment with the intention to disrupt, insult, or invalidate the user’s opinion in an aggressive or offensive manner.

c. Bullying or harassing users based on any handicap, including but not limited to language barriers, skill level, or knowledge of the game.

d. Sharing or posting irrelevant, off-topic, or rage/rant content.