When it launches on PC

@Mattwo7 said in When it launches on PC:

@Subject-Astra said in When it launches on PC:

Because videogames have bugs.

Of course video games have bugs, that's besides the point.

That superego you mentioned really does prevent you from realizing when you say something nonsensical.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/72/phantasy-star-online-2-community-guidelines

Spamming & Trolling

Keep the conversation going by focusing on what we are all here for: our shared interest in Phantasy Star Online 2. By participating in our official social media pages and forum, you agree to not use the services for:

b. Replying to another user’s post/comment with the intention to disrupt, insult, or invalidate the user’s opinion in an aggressive or offensive manner.

c. Bullying or harassing users based on any handicap, including but not limited to language barriers, skill level, or knowledge of the game.

d. Sharing or posting irrelevant, off-topic, or rage/rant content.

Can you please stop? This is another thread you are trying to post information without sources. Last posts had been you posting things without viable evidences if they are working on codes and what not. The only ones who know what's being delayed are SEGA themselves.

We are still 5-6 weeks away till the end of Spring. Their tweets been saying "this Spring" and that is a fact information. Nothing else is true nor fact other than that about PC.

@LapisWave said in When it launches on PC:

This is another thread you are trying to post information without sources.

Fine, here's my source that Xbox one is running a modified Windows core https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One_system_software https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156467-xbox-one-hardware-and-software-specs-detailed-and-analyzed

I thought it should really go without saying that the NA release's codebase isn't exactly the same. I don't have anything to back that up besides the lack of all the content not yet added and the inclusion of the translation to the codebase I admit but there's no reason to believe otherwise. I'll also admit I have no idea how much that impacts the code and if it creates more bugs. You're half right about Sega being the only ones who know, anyone who's worked on coding in similar situations could tell us though.

Last posts had been you posting things without viable evidences if they are working on codes and what not.

b1775d6a6ca1c651a5b8ffbff9ed67d7.png

@LapisWave said in When it launches on PC:

We are still 5-6 weeks away till the end of Spring. Their tweets been saying "this Spring" and that is a fact information. Nothing else is true nor fact other than that about PC.

More like 9 and a half weeks or so to the end of Spring, so there is definitely still a lot of time for them to get everything ready yet for PC.

I thought it should really go without saying that the NA release's codebase isn't exactly the same. I don't have anything to back that up besides the lack of all the content not yet added and the inclusion of the translation to the codebase I admit but there's no reason to believe otherwise. I'll also admit I have no idea how much that impacts the code and if it creates more bugs. You're half right about Sega being the only ones who know, anyone who's worked on coding in similar situations could tell us though.

I can tell you for a fact that introducing localization changes into a product definitely affects coding, especially f they are doing stuff like adding dual audio, which they are. They are also introducing brand new systems that are exclusive to NA and completely impossible to access in the JP version.

@Ragnawind said in When it launches on PC:

I can tell you for a fact that introducing localization changes into a product definitely affects coding

Sadly it seems that people want evidence to back points up. Or maybe it's just when I say it because of my previous blunder causing undue scrutiny towards my words? It was one time people!

They are also introducing brand new systems that are exclusive to NA and completely impossible to access in the JP version.

Oh yea, nearly forgot about that detail.

I can tell you for a fact that introducing localization changes into a product definitely affects coding

Sadly it seems that people want evidence to back points up. Or maybe it's just when I say it because of my previous blunder causing undue scrutiny towards my words? It was one time people!

At least localization changes causing issue can easily be found by anyone. The biggest examples would be NIS America releases before the PS3, such as a game-breaking bug at the end of Ar Tonelico 2 if you can't be one of the final bosses fast enough. That bug was never present in the JP version. I don't think anyone even knows what really caused that bug.

I don't think anyone even knows what really caused that bug.

Well if it wasn't in the Japanese version that's good enough evidence that any number of factors can considerably alter a localization enough to the point where it's not the same exact game (plus as you mentioned, the NA version has exclusive features), which for the point @Subject-Astra made

The game isn't "delayed", it's been out for almost a decade.

as I countered

so if it's the same game as the one that's "been out for almost a decade", why does it have bugs the Japanese PC version doesn't? That logic might work when it comes to the availability of the Japanese PC version but it doesn't work here.

is very important.

That said, I will admit that there's no evidence that the PC version is delayed, I myself have even said that the window was made vague specifically for that reason. It's a bit besides the point though as the real problem is that I failed to properly communicate my point: The longer a game takes to release, the more bugs can be ironed out.

It's multiple times that you run your mouth without any evidence and you turn out wrong my dude.

@Subject-Astra said in When it launches on PC:

Because videogames have bugs.

Of course video games have bugs, that's besides the point.

That superego you mentioned really does prevent you from realizing when you say something nonsensical.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/72/phantasy-star-online-2-community-guidelines

Spamming & Trolling

Keep the conversation going by focusing on what we are all here for: our shared interest in Phantasy Star Online 2. By participating in our official social media pages and forum, you agree to not use the services for:

b. Replying to another user’s post/comment with the intention to disrupt, insult, or invalidate the user’s opinion in an aggressive or offensive manner.

c. Bullying or harassing users based on any handicap, including but not limited to language barriers, skill level, or knowledge of the game.

d. Sharing or posting irrelevant, off-topic, or rage/rant content.

I'm glad you quoted that because it really does seem you're just trolling people at this point.

honestly Im just annoyed that people keep telling PC people to can it .... and want us to be optimistic when thus far weve been told nothing

@NezumiiXD said in When it launches on PC:

honestly Im just annoyed that people keep telling PC people to can it .... and want us to be optimistic when thus far weve been told nothing

This 100% for sure.

If the roles were reversed, they would be doing the same thing, wanting at least some semblance of an answer outside of the unacceptably vague 'Spring 2020', for how far along things are and how many time exclusive things they have done already, that vague answer is completely unacceptable now. They really need to either man up and say due to X clause/NDA/agreement/whatever they cannot give a date or they need to say more. Honestly if its because of some deal or whatever that they are keeping it Xbox only for so long, whoever decided to stick so hard to that deal really needs to reconsider, with everyone trapped at home cause of the virus, everyone's tensions are high and they could get so much good will by opening it up to PC, who just want to play/socialize/and have fun in a game they have been looking forward too. Instead they are just giving us radio silence and a copy paste of Spring 2020. All that is doing is burning the good will of players that are eager and wanting to play.

More on topic with the people telling the PC players to be quiet, Whoever is running their twitter seriously needs to step in and reign in the anti-PC player toxicity that is rampant on every one of their posts, Checking there for news is getting really depressing when i look and all i see is nothing but these toxic anti PC people all over it before anyone has commented or replied to it.

@RynMuse Exactly they are gonna run off the pc community before we even get to play

PC here, I dusted off my JP account just to fool around while I wait for the release. Playing super casual, nothing serious. I'm not expecting anything honestly from the PC release here. As a matter of fact, I am lowering my expectations to June, with no catch-up, no special packages or incentives. Just a bare bones bread and water release for PC. I am still going to play, and I am still going to have fun, but I have eaten a healthy apathy sandwich at this point and am playing other games atm as well. I refuse to obsess over this any further. My brother who is new to PSO is having a blast on XBOX tho, good for him, I'm happy he is happy, and I'll just let him tell me when the PC release occurs. I'm sure he will be just fine letting me leech off of him for a bit and power level me.

@Scribblemonk I must admit that I am considering just order a PS4 and FF7R at this point to give myself some fresh air until they can work out this communication stuff (hopefully).

I am an Xbox owner and able to currently play (and thoroughly enjoy it) but the lack of knowing what to expect is making me obsess over things more than I should be. Gotta take some mental health days, lol.

Just one time?

What about that time that you accused me of telling lies about my experience in the field because i dared ask a GM to confirm the meaning of their words.

-Then accused me of a bunch of unfounded stuff the thread was not about.

-Then put words in my mouth about SEGA/MICROSOFT and the development process i had not mentioned in said thread

-Then smugly "countered me" on said arguments i did not use but that you put in my mouth, which were copy pasted from your other thread in which i did not reply.

And finally slammed the door taking the high road and claiming to "Have tried to be civil but i was clearly not up for it?"

Are you sure it was just one time?

@NezumiiXD said in When it launches on PC:

That is because people love and adore to feel morally superior to others by default.

There is also a weird and self-destructive new trend, in the last decade, about being blindly loyal and somewhat submissively thankful to companies that bring products one wish to consume, which now paints critics as both whiners and more importantly, enemies.

Combine that to the modern and very prevalent attitude of :

"If it does not affect me greatly, then it is not a problem anyone should be concerned about, so anyone who is upset is pathetic"

And you get the current situation.

the more I see the attitude of this console war garbage and the longer this goes on the more I hope they release ship 4+ for the closest thing to a fresh start .