When it launches on PC

Do we know if progression is going to be able to transfer between the Xbox and PC after the PC version launches? This has been holding me back on buying any of the bundles. lol.

To be announced. Microsoft/Sega still says spring 2020. Most of the community is guessing March 31st or April 2nd which is PSO2 day.

@GamerKillance said in When it launches on PC:

To be announced. Microsoft/Sega still says spring 2020. Most of the community is guessing March 31st or April 2nd which is PSO2 day.

The topic title was incomplete. They aren't asking when it releases. According to the body of the topic, they are asking if you can continue on PC if you started on Xbox.

Anyway, the answer should be yes, since both versions will use a Microsoft account and the JP version allows you to play the same characters with the same accounts on different systems, so it shouldn't be any different for NA.

Looking forward to this coming to PC!

The GMs have said there will be crossplay I believe here and there. Cross-save is more "hinted" at than directly mentioned, but if there's crossplay, I'm sure there will be cross-save.

We'll find out Soon

@GamerKillance said in When it launches on PC:

Most of the community is guessing March 31st or April 2nd which is PSO2 day.

Man, imagine if on April 1st they announce PC ver. coming out tomorrow on PSO2 day, and on the next day they're all "SYKES, APRIL FOOLS. No PC this year". Would be the most epic dab in gaming history this side of BlizzCon Red Shirt Guy, bet I could smell PC Master Race burnt buttoles from here.

Not really. PC players can always play on jp server, as I do. The only problem is the dubbing, because the text translation is very good for a non official work. It is really easy to install. The hard part is the captcha when creating the account, which is in Japanese. But a few minutes using wiki to search the symbols is enough.

But it (the April's fools) would be tragic and funny.

@Havox3 That'd be a bigger PR disaster than "You think you want it but you don't", "You all have phones right?" and the Blitzchung debacle combined (ok maybe not that last one). (I don't play WoW anymore.)

Anyone know if this is a thing? I looked on here but didnt see any answers.

There is no official confirmation, but based on JP, there is a 99.999999999999% chance of it it being usable on PC, especially since you can log-in to your MS account with MS Store games and Steam games.

Unless the PC version for some reason has it's own separate servers and they drop the cross-play then I see no reason why it wouldn't.

ok, cool. Thanks for the thoughts.

Windows is made by Microsoft. Xbone and XBL are also owned by Microsoft. The PC version exclusive to Windows 10 (RIP Mac and Linux users who don't dual boot Windows) There's literally zero reason to assume there wouldn't be cross play... ...But what does that have to do with "progress count"?

@Mattwo7 said in XB1 progress count for PC??:

Linux users who don't dual boot Windows

Laughs in WINE: https://www.winehq.org/

Also Steam's alternative, Proton: https://www.protondb.com/

And ReactOS: https://reactos.org/

@coldreactive Right, also people who don't use those, my mistake. They're probably in a minority but I have no doubt they exist.