I hit that point.

I got my reactors, my daily scratch, stared at the screen for about twenty minutes, and then logged out.

That was my play session today, and I'm not happy about it.

😢

Open a blog, this is a forum

@El-Zenchi make sure your next accounts are “clown zenchi” and “previously not as much of a clown”

@PBJ-Time said in I hit that point.:

@El-Zenchi make sure your next accounts are “clown zenchi” and “previously not as much of a clown”

Written down, thanks for the suggestion

@Furious-0 said in I hit that point.:

I got my reactors, my daily scratch, stared at the screen for about twenty minutes, and then logged out.

That was my play session today, and I'm not happy about it.

😢

Next step is you stop logging in entirely and uninstall so you stop giving Sega MAU's which they use as a metric to give to investors to prove their game is "successful".

When did taking a break from a game become a non-option ? Even ff14 recommends it when you run out of content

@El-Zenchi said in I hit that point.:

Open a blog, this is a forum

Like that one about PvP cheaters you started here, or..?

@Pok said in I hit that point.:

When did taking a break from a game become a non-option ? Even ff14 recommends it when you run out of content

The game encourages you to login every day to not miss out.

@Pok They dont say the same thing about unsubscribing, tho 🙂

@AngryRhombus563 They put you on the hook with their housing 😝 disadvantages of subscription models

@NIC Needs more incentive, but you can get the weekly done in 4

There's definitely an element of FOMO in this game to levels I'm finding unhealthy. You take a break in this game and you fall behind a good 4-6 scratches that are long gone from the market by the time you get back. I took a break for a mere month because my new house didn't have utilities yet and when I came back I missed out on so much in base PSO2 alone(and also came back to the results of Cradle wrecking havoc on everything). I started to feel fatigue from that feeling.

Taking a break from a game like this requires discipline, you have to be ok with missing out, because you're going to miss out on a lot. I've been thinking about taking a break until December, honestly, because the game isn't fun in its current state and all I think about is that awful FOMO feeling. That shouldn't be the first thing you think about when you sit down to play.

@Pok Breaks aren't a bad thing. I find myself cycling through the same few games often, playing them until I need a break, moving on to next game, maybe another, and eventually circling around to first game.

I'm just sad that I hit the wall so soon on this game, and aside from the defense quest about to hit, there is nothing to look forward to for potentially 2-3 months. If I can barely log in now, it's unlikely I'll be logged in at all in that time frame.

Where is my anime space Diablo? Why did it turn into a dress up game first and a dungeon crawler loot hunter last instead of the other way around?

I just want some sort of general response from SEGA at this point, you know? Maybe nothing specific, but something simple like "Hey players, we have heard your concerns and are actively working on addressing some of them." Their silence just adds to my disappointment.

I just want to play Techter. Smash things with my hammer and be a decent support that people want to party with, and that isn't happening.

😢

@Furious-0 That's gonna be common til the Winter and maybe even past that. That login routine I mean

I haven't touched the "game" for a week and since a couple days from release my "gameplay" was the same as OP. Definitely for the better and don't have the "oh but I am missing on SG Scratch" itch anymore. Market prices are going to keep climbing, this SG Scratch is half a copy and no content until next year with no future plans while delaying features...

...so I prefer to treasure the PSO2 memories than to play such a trainwreck. I only come over here to check how people keep putting up with this. I really can't believe people keep spending time in a barren pretty field just playing dressup with the promise in six months to get an even more barren field. Things are going to have to change a LOT for me to log again. And I don't expect that for... two years. Minimum.

@Aumires said in I hit that point.:

I haven't touched the "game" for a week and since a couple days from release my "gameplay" was the same as OP. Definitely for the better and don't have the "oh but I am missing on SG Scratch" itch anymore. Market prices are going to keep climbing, this SG Scratch is half a copy and no content until next year with no future plans while delaying features...

...so I prefer to treasure the PSO2 memories than to play such a trainwreck. I only come over here to check how people keep putting up with this. I really can't believe people keep spending time in a barren pretty field just playing dressup with the promise in six months to get an even more barren field. Things are going to have to change a LOT for me to log again. And I don't expect that for... two years. Minimum.

You do realize some are there to hang out with friends? Some may be there because they simply enjoy the combat. Some may be there as a passtime. Not everyone who is playing is there to play dress up

I am not playing for a month now. I did test Braver for like 1 day but after that i didnt log in again.

@Pok said in I hit that point.:

When did taking a break from a game become a non-option ?

Taking a break isnt the problem. Being more or less forced into it however is. Alot of people want to play the game but with only 1 week worth of content people feel unsatisfied. If people keep playing under this conditions they lose all interest in the game and the break turns into jumping ship for another game. So yeah most people are forced into a break.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in I hit that point.:

That's gonna be common til the Winter and maybe even past that. That login routine I mean

If thats the case then NGS wont be here for long. The winter Update needs to deliver or other games will kill NGS completely. New World and Blue Protocol are just two examples of games that will release next year. NGS almost lost all momentum it had.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in I hit that point.:

You do realize some are there to hang out with friends? Some may be there because they simply enjoy the combat. Some may be there as a passtime.

Those friends will also go sooner or later. My Alliance and friend list is pretty much dead by now. The combat is good but the best combat system turns bad when there is no challenge behind it let alone making it feel rewarding. And if people play this game as a passtime then i really need to ask if people dont have anything better to play for that purpose.

I mean even you need to admit at this point that the playerbase is just searching for reasons to play or excuses not to jump ship. There is no way that you dont see that.