I had no idea of all the things we didn't from the weapon badge shop

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Weapons_Badge_Exchange_Shop

Their 2021 badge shop is crazy. We got camos through the mission pass and through other means but global called it a day for a lot of stuff and packed up. Their earlier weapon badges also have weapon camos. The rose talis/harmonizer is the only thing I'm familiar with on those.

They're sitting on a bunch of low effort "content" for global. Something as simple as the traditional exchange shop for the UQ would be enough to give me long term goals and keep me playing. Or I guess they could throw it on the NGS mission pass?

Besides Mission Pass some of that stuff came from the seasonal UQs that we only got for a very short time on global.

And we only had one chance on space magetsu so sad. Kinda wish they port over all the pso2 uq's to ngs for funsies or not.

The Japanese side of the game, despite being on life-support, still grants access to these exchanges and gives players the means to collect the resources to get those items (meaning you can still get Mission Badges and 2021 Badges). The Global side of this was "almost" all the way there with that transition doing something similar but on our end we got this lopped off where we never got the rest of the exchanges (but you can now pick up "Sage Crests" even though we have no exchanges for those) and we also got our Mission Badges source dropped completely so we have some exchanges that are legitimately impossible for new players.

I know I have seen some threads in the In-Game Suggestions area of the forum that discussed this in more detail as well which I hope Sega at least acknowledges in some form.

@VanillaLucia said in I had no idea of all the things we didn't from the weapon badge shop:

which I hope Sega at least acknowledges in some form.

That would require SEGA to acknowledge and communicate, which they are incapable of doing either.

@Neosiotype said in I had no idea of all the things we didn't from the weapon badge shop:

Their 2021 badge shop is crazy.

Yes. Yes it is.

And some of us have been saying this for months. It's one of the PSO2 preservations Global really got stiffed on.

Yup. Just shows how SEGA treats their western customers. Can't even be bothered to put in a tiny bit more work to make sure base pso2 is completely playable for newer players and those who didn't complete their grinds. (For example, Mission pass badges are 100% unobtainable now iirc)

And not to mention all those LA tickets and many fashion items that Global players will never see because of the rush to NGS.

PSO2 GL was nothing but a quick cash grab with many empty promises. And the way it's looking, NGS will probably be the same (for us in the West, at least)

@Neosiotype I found myself aghast at the sheer difference in camos between global and JP. I was bored in NGS (go figure) and went to base Pso2 to search up some camos I might have missed.

Googling the camos to see what they might look like on different weapons turned up the JP wiki and boy oh boy...I felt a little defeated. They are 100% going to recycle most, if not all, of those camos in future Mission Passes and AC Scratches for global if the AC Revival Scratch and its Scratch Count Bonuses are anything to go off.

It truly feels odd that NGS has nothing the players can grind for in terms of camo.

@JayKeePso2 said in I had no idea of all the things we didn't from the weapon badge shop:

They are 100% going to recycle most, if not all, of those camos in future Mission Passes and AC Scratches for global if the AC Revival Scratch and its Scratch Count Bonuses are anything to go off.

Since NGS launch all scratches have been the same between JP and Global, and I think it far more likely that the mission pass contents will be the same too.

The amazing weapons badge exchange being withheld from Global is less likely to be a setup for a Global-only scratch and more likely out of carelessness and forgetting to add it to Global.

@Miraglyth I agree with your assessment. At the same time, I'm trying to hold onto some, SOME, hope for global. Lol. There are so many cute camos...

• Everyone: Woah! Those JP wep badge items! Can we...
  • Sega: Can't touch this.

@JayKeePso2 said in I had no idea of all the things we didn't from the weapon badge shop:

At the same time, I'm trying to hold onto some, SOME, hope for global. Lol.

Them putting a ton of free-earnable cosmetics that JP have, many of which have been free-earnable in the past on Global too, into a paid Global-only gacha should not be something to hope for. Players would pick up on the move immediately and riot about scummy monetisation and they'd be right.