Increased drop rate event is ending right as a new series of weapons/units are being released the next day.

From 08/10 09:00 PM (America/Chicago) until the start of Scheduled Maintenance on 08/17 (America/Chicago) .
For the PSO2 9th Anniversary Event Web Link Panel Rewards Part 1, the following boosts will be active for all quests in NGS Blocks:
EXP Earned +10%
N-Meseta Earned +50%
Rare Drop Rate +36% 

Pretty awesome community boost event until I thought about it a little bit. This is because I started to think about the new Mining Rig Defense emergency quest that will become available, along with the new Evolcoat weapons and units. This is where it gets kind of irritating for me to think about personally. We get this drop rate boost when Evolcoat series doesn't exist. As soon as that portion of the event ends, we get the Mining Rig Defense along with brand new shiny Evolcoat series items. Then we have a new event that is active a week later:

For the PSO2 9th Anniversary Event Web Link Panel Rewards Part 2, the following boosts will be active in NGS Blocks:

Augmentation Success Rate +5%
Enhancement Success Rate +47%
Potential Unlock Costs Half-off
Limit Break Costs Half-off

We'll have one week to farm the new Evolcoat series weapons after players likely just got done playing heavily the previous week to enjoy the increased drop rates. We won't have the fancy drop rate bonus that just disappeared. Then after a week of the new series being out, we'll get this enhancing event.

It kind of feels like a slap in the face to have a rare drop boost event end right before a new weapon series is released. The player base would be more rewarded by releasing the item drop rate event and new series at the same time. It just feels weird to have a drop rate event to acquire old toys, just for them to be superseded by new weapons that are released the next day, with no increased drop rate. It feels like we're being punished. Is it because we're not buying enough AC?

It's just frustrating to see this kind of planning when the game is so barebones.

I anticipate a few different outcomes from this schedule of events and content release.

• There will be players that will grind heavily this week during the drop rate event and not feel "in it" next week when new weapons drop. They might not have an Evolcoat weapon to enhance because they feel burnt out from grinding hard right now to enjoy the drop rate increase and meseta.
  • Alternatively, there may be players that don't play much at all this week because why is the point in grinding this week when new weapons get released next week? These players will miss out on the juicy meseta boost and chances to find other series weapons/armors with abilities.
  • Wildcard players that are hardcore and will grind both weeks and have lots of meseta to enhance their Evolcoat series items the following enhance event.

People want this game to be good Sega.

I don't know how it is for other players, but I spend money on games when I have fun playing them, not because I need to look dope while standing around bored in a lobby because there is nothing to do. Looking cool on a video game comes 2nd to having fun with the content on the video game.

All part of the plan...

It doesnt really matter, tho, since RDR is a lie :3

@AKA-Dubz said in Increased drop rate event is ending right as a new series of weapons/units are being released the next day.:

It kind of feels like a slap in the face to have a rare drop boost event end right before a new weapon series is released.

Gonna have to disagree with you on the premise of this topic.

A new weapon series is a potential new increment of power creep. People who jump on the first week of that shouldn't be given a headstart on people who don't or can't and the new content shouldn't have its inevitable obsolescence accelerated by temporarily elevated drop rates the moment it arrives.

The drop rate increase ending before Mining Rig Defence is a good thing IMO, and possibly a result of them having considered the timings of these boosts to make sure they didn't overlap.

Boost periods should never be thought of as the norm, especially just 10 weeks after launch. That line of thinking would see things power crept to oblivion after 1-3 years.

In any case upgrading Evolcoat weapons will still benefit from all the boosts in Part 2 and that's very nice too.

@Miraglyth I do agree that boost periods shouldn't be a normalized occurrence. However, we cannot dispute the fact that the game is very barebones right now. Giving the players a new series lined up with a drop rate bonus for 1 week within the first 2 months of the game being released wouldn't seem inappropriate. If anything, lining the RDR bonus event up with the release of this series would be a gift to players for an obvious rushed delivery.

I agree that there is an element of giving players a head start. However, if you're not already playing this game right now after its release, then I don't know if a player can rightfully complain that they missed a RDR event that was released with a new weapon series that happened before they started playing. Any player that actually wants to play this game, should know about the RDR event from all the places its posted in the game and the game loader.

As of writing this post, I have 284 hours and 3 minutes played on PSO2:NGS. I don't have a single weapon or 4* unit that has an ability on it. I have hundreds, literally, of 4* NGS weapons that do not have any abilities on them. Given that a large majority of these hours were played outside of a RDR event, I don't anticipate obtaining a handful of Evolcoat weapons before the event ends. That's if I even get the specific weapons that I actually use, also. Premium RDR bonus has also been active during my time playing PSO2:NGS.

Of the some ~2-300 4* rares I have from PSO2:NGS, I have acquired 14 Straga weapons and 7 Geant armors. I don't mind a grind, but these drop rates and the abysmally low chance of getting abilities combined with content draught on release of a 'new game' is pushing me away from the game quickly.

@AKA-Dubz said in Increased drop rate event is ending right as a new series of weapons/units are being released the next day.:

@Miraglyth I do agree that boost periods shouldn't be a normalized occurrence. However, we cannot dispute the fact that the game is very barebones right now. Giving the players a new series lined up with a drop rate bonus for 1 week within the first 2 months of the game being released wouldn't seem inappropriate. If anything, lining the RDR bonus event up with the release of this series would be a gift to players for an obvious rushed delivery.

I agree that there is an element of giving players a head start. However, if you're not already playing this game right now after its release, then I don't know if a player can rightfully complain that they missed a RDR event that was released with a new weapon series that happened before they started playing. Any player that actually wants to play this game, should know about the RDR event from all the places its posted in the game and the game loader.

As of writing this post, I have 284 hours and 3 minutes played on PSO2:NGS. I don't have a single weapon or 4* unit that has an ability on it. I have hundreds, literally, of 4* NGS weapons that do not have any abilities on them. Given that a large majority of these hours were played outside of a RDR event, I don't anticipate obtaining a handful of Evolcoat weapons before the event ends. That's if I even get the specific weapons that I actually use, also. Premium RDR bonus has also been active during my time playing PSO2:NGS.

Of the some ~2-300 4* rares I have from PSO2:NGS, I have acquired 14 Straga weapons and 7 Geant armors. I don't mind a grind, but these drop rates and the abysmally low chance of getting abilities combined with content draught on release of a 'new game' is pushing me away from the game quickly.

Having an rdr boost right has a new weapon drops is a terrible idea, especially in a game that has less than an ideal amount of content right now. Would just make these weapons super easy to get and give people less reason to play.

The rdr boost ending right before new gear drops isn’t a slap in a face, they are designed to allow players that are either casual, started later etc to catch up gear wise before the new stuff drops.

I think you’re mixing up a longer plat time with efficient play time. You’ve got about 50 hours more than me yet I’ve got over 50 straga weapons sitting in my storage right now, and I’ve sold a bunch has well, and have 16 Geant units in my storage, and had around 50 in my storage at one point, this was all without the premium rdr boost has well.

However, we cannot dispute the fact that the game is very barebones right now.

Boosting one new weapon series to be immediately common doesn't really change that situation.

I would def like my drop rates boosted for mining def but I understand why they did it this way.

Look on the bright side. If you manage to get lucky you will be able to upgrade it easier and for cheaper.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I haven't gotten a Straga weapon from my last 10 Giga kills - during RDR boost event. Dunno what to say

pso20210818_125626_001.jpg lvl1 trash mob dropped me this in Central Aelio