Most of my NGS play time...

...is gathering materials I don't even use. If I didn't do the gathering loop every day I probably wouldn't even bother logging in except for my free SG scratch.

You should look into how you can use some of them, you might be surprised.

Upgrade augments I can't sell, wouldn't currently use, or don't want. Oh boy.

Even if you can’t sell them, stocking up on the better ones isn’t going to hurt, has when you are ready to use them will save you a bunch of mesta down the track.

It's tedious gathering them. It's the main reason why I say that NGS feels like one massive fetch quest. There isn't a single game in existence where gathering materials was fun. Materials in base PSO2 were easy to gather because all you had to do was play quests and they would drop from enemies, boxes and the crystal at the end of each quest. In NGS, you need to go to the same spots every single day to gather them.

Aux Partners would have been perfect for this if they had bothered to actually include them in the game. They would have been much better use now than they ever were in base PSO2.

@HermitST said in Most of my NGS play time...:

It's tedious gathering them. It's the main reason why I say that NGS feels like one massive fetch quest. There isn't a single game in existence where gathering materials was fun. Materials in base PSO2 were easy to gather because all you had to do was play quests and they would drop from weapons, boxes and the crystal at the end of each quest. In NGS, you need to go to the same spots every single day to gather them.

Aux Partners would have been perfect for this if they had bothered to actually include them in the game. They would have been much better use now than they ever were in base PSO2.

Yeah, would be cool if we could use auxiliaries to farm some of them for us. I don’t mind too much though it generally only takes 15-20 mins a day to get all the alpha rectors and go through the 2 main mining routes.

@HermitST said in Most of my NGS play time...:

Indeed.

I can't be bothered with those, lol.

I just roadkill what's in my way while gathering the daily reactors/doing the daily quests and otherwise ignore the exploration sectors entirely.

My augments are probably doomed to suck as a result, but meeeh. PSE bursts are at least entertaining, exploration sectors are just... boring IMO.

Idk. Gathering in pso2 is far more boring than NGS. I don't say this often but people are just lazy when it comes to gathering.

@XenoBladeX37645 Lazy? The gathering in this game is probably the worst ever and this is coming from someone who hasn't missed a day gathering regrettably. At least in other games most of the time the stuff you need is all in the same area and respawns. You don't need to go running around for 30-40 mins to get everything. PSO2 NG does not respect players time at all. Base PSO2 had crap gathering too but at least I could get that over with in less than 5 mins and not have to worry about it.

In BDO I can basically go to the material I want in the area it's at and just do 10-20 mins worth and come out with far more to show than what I'd get in PSO2 NG if you were to go off equivalent values and worth. I can also get workers to gather stuff like minerals, wood etc for me. I don't need to do it unless I need certain materials that can't be gathered through workers or I want to take a break from grinding and make money that way.

Something needs to change with how they currently have gathering. Like people have suggested already they can bring back Auxiliaries and allow us to send them out on gathering tasks. Anouther thing that could happen is what I suggested ages ago. That's making gathering nodes stack up over the period of 7 days so people don't feel the need to spend 30-40 fucking mins daily gathering. That or having nodes respawn every 5 mins without a cap. That way you can choose to gather whenever you want rather than having this daily system that doesn't respect your time at all. Obviously if they did this they'd need to make some adjustments to the game.

So no, people are not lazy for not wanting to waste their time on trash gameplay. I'm sure they rather waste 40 mins actually enjoying the combat in NG and doing other things. If something isn't fun then it should be changed. This is the mentality developers should have when designing a game.

I like gathering in games and I think NGS had a slight improvement but there's not enough map to give me the same feel as like GW2. I want to explore at my leisure and comb the whole world of its riches! Not...like a scrap of a map.

I don't even log in every day anymore, but I still like the character maker at least.

@Zenny said in Most of my NGS play time...:

@XenoBladeX37645 Lazy? The gathering in this game is probably the worst ever and this is coming from someone who hasn't missed a day gathering regrettably. At least in other games most of the time the stuff you need is all in the same area and respawns. You don't need to go running around for 30-40 mins to get everything. PSO2 NG does not respect players time at all. Base PSO2 had crap gathering too but at least I could get that over with in less than 5 mins and not have to worry about it.

In BDO I can basically go to the material I want in the area it's at and just do 10-20 mins worth and come out with far more to show than what I'd get in PSO2 NG if you were to go off equivalent values and worth. I can also get workers to gather stuff like minerals, wood etc for me. I don't need to do it unless I need certain materials that can't be gathered through workers or I want to take a break from grinding and make money that way.

Something needs to change with how they currently have gathering. Like people have suggested already they can bring back Auxiliaries and allow us to send them out on gathering tasks. Anouther thing that could happen is what I suggested ages ago. That's making gathering nodes stack up over the period of 7 days so people don't feel the need to spend 30-40 fucking mins daily gathering. That or having nodes respawn every 5 mins without a cap. That way you can choose to gather whenever you want rather than having this daily system that doesn't respect your time at all. Obviously if they did this they'd need to make some adjustments to the game.

So no, people are not lazy for not wanting to waste their time on trash gameplay. I'm sure they rather waste 40 mins actually enjoying the combat in NG and doing other things. If something isn't fun then it should be changed. This is the mentality developers should have when designing a game.

I have no idea how you are spending upwards of 40mins a day just on mining, even with getting the alpha reactors I at most spend 20mins.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 You are doing the full gathering route for all minerals? It takes around 30 at least. I put 40 because you pretty much need to speed run it to get it done asap.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 You are doing the full gathering route for all minerals? It takes around 30 at least. I put 40 because you pretty much need to speed run it to get it done asap.

I run through all the top of north aelio, the cliffs where Vargas spawns, and follow it round from west to east. Teleport to rykrus device in north aelio, climb up the cliffs to where chica spawns, drop down by the cocoon, follow it east to the waterfall area that leads to central, and scythe spawn, grab all along the river there’s and on the cliffs above it. Teleport to the west teleporter in central aelio, head through the cave that’s leads to west aelio, follow the slope all the way down to the north of the ruined beach, then head south along the coast line all the way to south aelio. Once I hit south aelio I hang a left and get the cave behind the waterfall, then come out amd climb up above and go into the cave at the base of the buildings there, follow that all the way through and you come out in the multi layered area above dailty spawn, drop down one level, get the cave/campsite area in the back. Teleport to falls teleporter, drop down go behind the waterfall that leads to the cocoon, clear all that out the go out the other entrance.

That’s the route I do, and it has the highest density of nodes, you can find others around the map but it only tends to be one here or there.

Who here says you have to hit EVER node EVERY day? You say you want nodes to stack...which in turn makes it so people have even less to do in the game than we currently do. If they lowered the respawn time folks would just sit n camp areas then complain that thats all they do (same with Gigantix and dread enemies). They created a world for you. They want players to move around it often clearly. Sure give us Auxs but I say keep the system as is.

What's fun is subjective and there shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction to change something.

I don't get it, wanting to do less in a game that's already lacking in things to do. It's so backwards