Running Animations improvement

Bonjour,

This has been bothering me for a while but I suggest NGS Team to rework the running animation(s) as they look weird not say awful on girls. The main issue for me, are the space between the knees when fast running, as if we have a cowgirl running after hours on a horse.

To illustrate that, I used my Nier Automata 2B clothes and made a short video to compare NGS (2021) animations with Automata (2017) animations. Walking, running and fast running are all better in Automata, subjectively speaking. However, the fast running animation is really what annoys me the most, as it make my character unpleasant to watch running, depending on the clothes I use (with long dresses or skirts, that obviously better as you don't see your legs).

VIDEO

Thanks.

I noticed this too. The running animation is really very unpleasant to watch especially on female Characters. The example "cowgirl after hours on a horse" fits perfect.

I made the same sort of suggestion on a different post someone that was saying about the cast hover

Singing if they can get their unique animations that the other races should get a unique animation one as well

@Dark-Inquisitor I believe Nier used full motion capture for most if not all of the walking/running animations. Not sure if PSO2/NGS did the same, or if they were animated by hand, but this needs to be taken into account.

@Drakaina said in Running Animations improvement:

I made the same sort of suggestion on a different post someone that was saying about the cast hover

Singing if they can get their unique animations that the other races should get a unique animation one as well

What? That's a completely different topic. They're both about running animations, but this is about the default ones looking weird not a suggestion to add new ones.

And again as I've stated there, logically the other races would walk the same as each-other as they're basically just humans with minor physical differences. CASTS however are significantly much more different than the other races, and have thrusters on their legs that would make sense to be used, while it would be nice for every race to get their own animations, it was a much more logical decision for the other races to not have unique animations while it makes less sense for CASTS. (Also it wouldn't really even be a unique animation since all the races can use eachothers animations anyway).

Like let's use real life logic, if I get a cosmetic surgery to give myself horns or pointed ears in real life and do more exercise or less exercise than I do now (like the other slight differences in the races stats in base PSO2), I'm still going to walk the exact same way, but if I have to use braces around my entire body to walk I'm going to walk significantly different.

Also it's kinda backwards that the hover animation we got for free is for walking, it would make much more sense for it to be the running one we got free, since additional thrusters that aren't necessary to a mechanical part are typically there to increase the speed that it can move. (Like if a jet has auxiliary thrusters).

@Riesz I think it's pretty pointless anyway since you don't hover when you have your weapon drawn or when you're attacking. Why would you ever land and walk when you could just shoot while hovering? (or at least i've never seen anyone do that, so i assume it doesn't work like that)