Predicting the next move for the series - PARTIALLY CONFIRMED? NEW GENESIS (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside )

It takes place 1,000 years after the events of PSO2.

Well now the new players have caught up and know the story! o 3o

The final chapter of PSO2 has released however there is an epilogue coming which may reveal more so I'll reserve any further comment until I can play through that except the following. At the very least we know that because there were time shenanigans again we pretty much have to throw out everything we thought we knew about what was actually going on, including recognizing possibility that PSO2 may have been both the sequel and the prequel.

What compounds the issue is the fact that before Alma did her thing, the Akashik Record was running a much faster rate where years could go by within that space in miliseconds. We have to ask ourselves, is it possible the Akashik Record saw the new future that was created during this accelerated time?

@PrinceBrightstar said in Predicting the next move for the series - PARTIALLY CONFIRMED? NEW GENESIS (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

including recognizing possibility that PSO2 may have been both the sequel and the prequel.

I was already in that mindset because of Omega being the Akashic Records, representing all of time, past, present and future...

I'm also of the mindset that all of these little hints are probably just pandering. PSO had plenty of throwbacks to PSClassic like rag rappies and Nei's Claw and nothing came of them.

Per a recent interview PS Algol and PSO were supposed to be tied together through the use of a Lutz character holding Dark Falz, however the team ran out of time to implement it.

In the best of my dreams NG would have nothing to do with PSO2, above all characters. a come back to its roots would taste refreshing, especially if those roots come from the old rpgs.

Pso2 main story and characters are horrendous.

Following up on this thread and continuing the concepts previously introduced, on this week's Day Dawns ARKS I invited two lore buffs I know onto the show and we did a full in-depth analysis of the end of PSO2 as well as theorizing about the future of the series. If you've followed this thread before this'll be a good watch for you. It'll give you a good understanding (or at least try to) of just how crazy this series is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYVGhS9xWvg

Until more information is released about New Genesis I don't expect to post in here again.

@PrinceBrightstar said in Predicting the next move for the series - PARTIALLY CONFIRMED? NEW GENESIS (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

Per a recent interview PS Algol and PSO were supposed to be tied together through the use of a Lutz character holding Dark Falz, however the team ran out of time to implement it.

It has nothing to do PSO and vice Versa. That's just Sega trying to ruin the ending of the original franchise. Assk Rieko Kodama if you don't believe me

@NextTime000 said in Predicting the next move for the series - PARTIALLY CONFIRMED? NEW GENESIS (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

ep5-6-7 are labeled as "Episode Photoner", and Shiva here is supposed to be the original Profound Darkness that the photoners couldn't really fully destroy; so if anything my prediction here is EP7 will be taking the route the original scenario writer of PS1-2 and 4 said she had in mind if they went to make a Phantasy Star 5: the "Great Light" (Photoners) return from somewhere, and now that ARKS have successfully deleted the mess they were created to handle, the photoners will seek to dispose of ARKS

Omega was mostly just a vehicle for them to tell Harriet's story, that they fit in nods to older games where they could for those who are observant, but that's about all I think there is here. I hear we're going back there for 6-5, so if they're going to do something like that, this'll be their opportunity to solidify it. otherwise I think it's just a bunch of unrelated nods

There's one problem with that.

Almost no one played the original games. So it definitely flew people's heads and then some.....

What a waste..

We got a pretty interesting lore dump today. The planet involved doesn't seem to be any planet that we know of currently in PSO2, yet the ARKS name is still involved. The Meteroians seems to take a similar route to what happened at the start of Idola episode 2. We do know that there were multiple ARKS groups that were sent out to explore space and weren't directly involved with the events that took place in the main game, see Phantasy star Nova. There are several lingering questions though, are the Makians involved? And just what scenarios are going to play out in those cocoons?

I'm pretty sure that NGS will involve the same player characters as current Pso2, perhaps we will end up in some parallel universe.

This is evidenced by the fact our characters will be able to move between both worlds, so the logical conclusion is they are going to be the same person, travelling to a new unexplored area or even universe.

There are many unanswered questions at this time even after the first closed beta test concluded. However one key thing was unintentionally revealed. A player managed to find their way under Central City and inside what basically looked like the bridge of a ship, although not in the same form as the bridge we visit in PSO2. With no NPCs loaded there more than likely this is intended to be the set for a portion of the story.

Skip to about 1:54 to take a look for yourself.

https://twitter.com/SaiaPlayer/status/1355121437506367488

In the Epilogue, Casra II said that an Anti-Photon political movement may start up within the civilian sectors of Oracle in the future and Shiva told the Guardians that even if they managed to pull through all of this, they will just end up the victims of a society that fears them. I think this was foreshadowing the back story of the Meteorn. Like after all of the universe-ending chicanery going on, civilians are just done with Photon superweapons and they elect to seal super powerful ARKS like the Guardian in a dimensional stasis to prevent anything like the Profound Darkness from ever coming again.

Fast forward 1,000 years on the surface of Halphas. Photon technology has been deliberately stalled so the only significant advances made were miniaturization of Dash Panels and other conveniences. ARKS has completely or near-completely divorced from the guidance of Akashic beings like Xion, Xiao, and Xierra. The events surrounding the Guardian, the Falspawn, and the PD have been shrouded by time from the memory of the general populace. The emergence of the Meteorn relates to the existence of the DOLLS: either the DOLLS were part of the system meant to keep the Photonic Superweapons sealed that went haywire as the seal decayed, or they are a threat that emerged from elsewhere in the universe and the Meteorn were released as a fail safe to deal such an occurrence. The side effect of longterm dimensional stasis is the loss of memories relating to personal history.

@Dragon-Cloud said in Predicting the next move for the series - PARTIALLY CONFIRMED? NEW GENESIS (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

In the best of my dreams NG would have nothing to do with PSO2, above all characters. a come back to its roots would taste refreshing, especially if those roots come from the old rpgs.

Pso2 main story and characters are horrendous.

Ikr?

@saripol4488 said in Predicting the next move for the series - PARTIALLY CONFIRMED? NEW GENESIS (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

In the Epilogue, Casra II said that an Anti-Photon political movement may start up within the civilian sectors of Oracle in the future and Shiva told the Guardians that even if they managed to pull through all of this, they will just end up the victims of a society that fears them. I think this was foreshadowing the back story of the Meteorn. Like after all of the universe-ending chicanery going on, civilians are just done with Photon superweapons and they elect to seal super powerful ARKS like the Guardian in a dimensional stasis to prevent anything like the Profound Darkness from ever coming again.

Fast forward 1,000 years on the surface of Halphas. Photon technology has been deliberately stalled so the only significant advances made were miniaturization of Dash Panels and other conveniences. ARKS has completely or near-completely divorced from the guidance of Akashic beings like Xion, Xiao, and Xierra. The events surrounding the Guardian, the Falspawn, and the PD have been shrouded by time from the memory of the general populace. The emergence of the Meteorn relates to the existence of the DOLLS: either the DOLLS were part of the system meant to keep the Photonic Superweapons sealed that went haywire as the seal decayed, or they are a threat that emerged from elsewhere in the universe and the Meteorn were released as a fail safe to deal such an occurrence. The side effect of longterm dimensional stasis is the loss of memories relating to personal history.

This sounds really good. I'm stealing it.