Predicting the next move for the series - PARTIALLY CONFIRMED? NEW GENESIS (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside )

We have some recently unearthed data that may tie Algol to Omega. A member of my discord, Arawen had been working to figure out how the maps of Motavia lined up together across the generations.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311319787521179648/703800742145949776/ps1-ps2_mota.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311319787521179648/699363748913217636/motavia.jpg

I pivoted off that idea and sought to find something similar on Omega, and I believe I have found it. Put simply, the southern part of the map lines up with the End of the Millenium Motavia map flipped upside down and a bit of stretching going on. See how the peninsula in the north west and the river in the south east of the island sort of line up? It's kind of like a reverse fish eye lens was applied or something.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311319787521179648/710102108787048478/Omega_motavia.jpg

This isn't conclusive proof but it's an interesting thing to see how the Motavia map may have played into the creation of Omega some how, and it would certainly line up with what the nature of Omega is.

But Algol is already represented in Omega, Alisa is there, so at some point the Akashik Record did, or will, know about her, and put her in the dream, just like Lutz (or Rutsu, having doubts about who Alisa's uncle actually represents)

@landman Based on what we saw of Omega and what it represented, my theory is that neither of them represent the Alisa and Lutz from Algol in-story, rather they are the Oracle universe's versions of them who were Photoners, possibly even fellow researchers working on the project that created Harriet/Shiva based on the role they play in the "retelling." Them being similar to Alisa and Lutz is just fanservice rather than an actual canon connection to the Algol series.

@AndrlCh said in Predicting the next move for the series (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

Them being similar to Alisa and Lutz is just fanservice rather than an actual canon connection to the Algol series.

That is literally all it is. The Episode 5 materials book even states as much on those character entries. No point in trying to find connections where there are none.

ep5-6-7 are labeled as "Episode Photoner", and Shiva here is supposed to be the original Profound Darkness that the photoners couldn't really fully destroy; so if anything my prediction here is EP7 will be taking the route the original scenario writer of PS1-2 and 4 said she had in mind if they went to make a Phantasy Star 5: the "Great Light" (Photoners) return from somewhere, and now that ARKS have successfully deleted the mess they were created to handle, the photoners will seek to dispose of ARKS

Omega was mostly just a vehicle for them to tell Harriet's story, that they fit in nods to older games where they could for those who are observant, but that's about all I think there is here. I hear we're going back there for 6-5, so if they're going to do something like that, this'll be their opportunity to solidify it. otherwise I think it's just a bunch of unrelated nods

With the recent PSO2 Station + we know that thanks to Alma's power somehow the group is able to warp to Omaga. What's interesting is that their arrival results in Risa and Harriet splitting into two once again and giving Harriet her body back. Margaretta and MC also seem to make their way to Cuent where Luminmechs have invaded. With the black hole closed the question is how did they get in there and is Shiva already in there?

I can't say what my source is, but now it's looking like a 50/50 toss-up. It's either Algol or Vandool. Symbolism points to Algol. We know a ship ends up on Vandool during ep 2 Although only Theatre ended up there. The fact that past and future can meet on Vandool is also interesting. But if PSO2 is a prequel, Shiva needs to end up inside the Algol seal.

Sega has played me Even if they don't realize they've done it. The ending cutscene and "Not Epusode 7" holds the final answer and I look forward to those.

@PrinceBrightstar said in Predicting the next move for the series (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

It's either Algol or Vandool

I'll say this much: If it is Vandool, it'll be super awkward if they don't make a console/pc remake of Idola like Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded because I think Sega's pretty much completely given up on the North American mobile market by this point. I still think they should do that for es but IDK if es has any relevance to the main story...

90% Algol

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/300297037839204352/720488625380393000/unknown.png

Time inside the seal could have allowed those other spikes to grow over time.

Or might just be a close approximation/this artist's rendition.

https://i.redd.it/8ml8s5yipd751.jpg

Yet another instance of the Black Wave attack, this time on the Episode 6 Final Boss. I will admit it's a bit more defined this time around.

Note: The image on the right when played back in game would blacked out for one frame, then it would show the attack, then black out again. As such I didn't want to show it animating for the epilepsy hazard it presents.

This was an interesting read. I'd love if they would make another standalone numbered game.

@SolFeace said in Predicting the next move for the series (FULL Phantasy Star Series including unreleased PSO2 Episode 4-6 Spoilers Inside ):

This was an interesting read. I'd love if they would make another standalone numbered game.

At best we'd probably get another spinoff, like how Phantasy Star 0 was set in the PSO continuity but was made during PSU's run.

And the Phantasy Star Online 2 expansion is called "New Genesis"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHCxuX9NMoc

We don't have full details yet, let's see how this plays out.

Well that was well within my predictions. Wasn't expecting them to update the UI though.