NGS new "Anti-Leecher" system

I've been seeing loads of players rushing in to UQ, PSE Burst and GGX events AFK-ing just to leech off of others. Kinda sad seeing those in a game such as PSO2 NGS; especially since it's still in its early stage.

You guys should implement a system which punishes players for doing this. A system which if a player does not reach a certain "effort level", they will either recieve very poor loot and exp or none at all (depending on how bad). While on the other hand, you can "maybe" REWARD players for going OVER the "effort level".

A certain MMORPG I play has this system and it's really good. It pushes everyone to give 100% effort. ^_^

Sounds good on paper until powercreep happens. The top few players out performs everyone by alot and minimizes other players contributions.

Kind of like Hunts on FFXIV, first the hunt mobs are super strong on release - everyone will get full credit even when solo. Once newer gear gets released, getting full credit becomes harder and harder, being in a party and be present when mob is pulled becomes a requirement.

I was about to say that but harmless beat me to it

"The top few players out performs everyone by alot and minimizes other players contributions."

Oh yes, true. But what I mean is players will have they're own "effort level" to achieve so it should be balanced. That way, they won't have to compare themselves to the top players. It'll be focused on something like how much their hitting the target, overall DPS their dishing out depending on thier current BP or gear and such.

Yeah but this will be a terrible idea when we get a sufficient amount of battle power there will people instantly one hitting the think

Which would prevent lower level people from the allowed to obtain anything at all

@Drakaina Oh damn. That's true. I didn't think of that. Think Sega will actually allow players to get gears that can one shot bosses?

A bit similar to base game yes well the gear is just so strong there it just kills them instantly or in a few seconds

@FRAGtenders-Rescri said in NGS new "Anti-Leecher" system:

@Drakaina Oh damn. That's true. I didn't think of that. Think Sega will actually allow players to get gears that can one shot bosses?

people are allready able to one to two shot non boss mob critters. there have been times where i start on a fresh mob and someone else runs in wipes em all out before i can get two taken out.

as for right now in game all loot seams to be a bit crappy so i cant imagine it getting any worse. though what is funny is most of my "rare" drops have come from when i run up on a group that is just finishing up on a mob and i get it before i even get into the fight. i have never gotten one from a UQ or a PSE burst even with the rare drop enhancement B^P