Required to have some subscription?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a free "premium pack" for the game when it officially launches, on the xbox marketplace. Keep an eye out.

@SamuraiCrazy said in Required to have some subscription?:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a free "premium pack" for the game when it officially launches, on the xbox marketplace. Keep an eye out.

Oh I fully expect it in all honesty

I think it would be a nice feature for xbox gold members to get premium access or partial premium for as long as you have XBL Gold subscription you have premium or partial premium.

@PhantasyStar369 said in Required to have some subscription?:

I wouldn't buy a console for just 1 game

This is exactly why a lot of Japanese people a while back burned / destroyed their Xbox 360s when they heard Tales of Vesperia was coming to PS3. They bought the Xbox 360 thinking it would be an exclusive rather than a timed exclusive. This is why Bamco went out and made an official statement soon after saying all future Tales titles would be released on SONY consoles.

Bamco made good on their promise though, Xillia, Zestiria/Berseria all came out on SONY consoles, as well as the re-release of Graces.

@coldreactive said in Required to have some subscription?:

This is exactly why a lot of Japanese people a while back burned / destroyed their Xbox 360s when they heard Tales of Vesperia was coming to PS3. They bought the Xbox 360 thinking it would be an exclusive rather than a timed exclusive. This is why Bamco went out and made an official statement soon after saying all future Tales titles would be released on SONY consoles.

Bamco made good on their promise though, Xillia, Zestiria/Berseria all came out on SONY consoles, as well as the re-release of Graces.

Since japan is PS dominate it make sense why xbox sales are low over there. They steal all the games over there and make them exclusive.

@GamerKillance said in Required to have some subscription?:

Since japan is PS dominate it make sense why xbox sales are low over there. They steal all the games over there and make them exclusive.

Yeah Microsoft did try several times to gain some ground in Japan but it's simply never going to happen. They could buy SquareEnix, Capcom, and more Japanese and somehow people still wouldn't buy their stuff.

Yeah Microsoft did try several times to gain some ground in Japan but it's simply never going to happen. They could buy SquareEnix, Capcom, and more Japanese and somehow people still wouldn't buy their stuff.

The gaming passion is the same but xbox will never bring the more adult based JP games. Xbox would never touch VN's and the like because they would have to go out of their way to modify and censor those games. To much work for them to gain a foothold in Japan.

To be fair they failed at the beginning with the xbox one. They nearly lost an entire generation which is why PS4 is so much more popular. If they didn't wise up the past 2 years the console likely would of been discontinued by now.

The original Xbox actually would've failed like the Dreamcast too if Microsoft wasn't so stubborn, and throwing money at developers / publishers. It still would've been a two-console world without Microsoft pulling their weight. They nearly failed again with the 360, not just because of the Japanese stuff mentioned above, but because of the whole HD-DVD thing they backed, which flopped hard.

The Xbox One nearly failed as well because of the whole used games controversy, always on DRM and requiring the Kinect at all times.

I'm just glad PSN doesn't require PSPlus for every online game. usually if an online game has its own servers, SONY will waive the PSPlus requirement. (IE: Warframe.)

The original Xbox actually would've failed like the Dreamcast too if Microsoft wasn't so stubborn, and throwing money at developers / publishers. It still would've been a two-console world without Microsoft pulling their weight. They nearly failed again with the 360, not just because of the Japanese stuff mentioned above, but because of the whole HD-DVD thing they backed, which flopped hard.

The Xbox One nearly failed as well because of the whole used games controversy, always on DRM and requiring the Kinect at all times.

I'm just glad PSN doesn't require PSPlus for every online game. usually if an online game has its own servers, SONY will waive the PSPlus requirement. (IE: Warframe.)

????

360 had a huge malfunction rate in the beginning, but it destroyed PS3 sales until the END of that generation. They weren't close to losing it at all.

All I know is that I'll be getting the Xbox Series X 1st because my friends are there and don't care for PC gaming. I'm thankful we are getting cross-play/cross-save to enjoy it in more than 1 area

Will be able to play the game as normal, participate in EQs, all quests, weapon grinding, etc. all for free with an Xbox Live Gold Subscription.

Although there will be the premium membership available to buy with AC which will you access to Sell on the Player shop system, Give you access to the bigger My Room, more storage in the storage system, Premium Only Photon Drinks, Premium Block Space, double the space for client orders, and A LOT more.

I'm going based off my knowledge of PSO2 JP, but from what I saw in the beta, it looks like it will be same thing.

@23Alvaro Yeah there is no missing content except the player shop. Premium is a completely optional boost for players who want it.

If you want to support PSO2 more, I'd suggest going PC and subscribing to premium instead of Xbox Live / Gold. But if they don't release PC during Open Beta "Soon," then they'r putting themselves at a loss, since they would be making more money for themselves if they allow PC players to buy AC and subscribe to premium as soon as possible.

It's more unlikely that Xbox players who subscribe to Xbox Live will subscribe to the premium service. Despite it granting access to a lot of MMO-standard features, like trading/market/etc.

This is very wrong, I been playing Xbox Live for roughly 15 Years now and I can tell you that people do spend crazy amount of money on Games. I remember playing SkyForge when it first came out on Xbox and had friends spending around 300-1000$ a month on the game, Just because people have to pay what? 1-10$ on a monthly Membership doesn't mean they won't spend lots of money on games, PC/Consoles players are all human and when there's something ingame that someone want's they will spend the money for it doesn't matter if your a PC or Console player.

The Xbox One nearly failed as well ... requiring the Kinect at all times.

Now that's a piece of tech I have not heard in a long time kenobimeme.tiff