Required to have some subscription?

Will the beta require an xbox suscription of some kind to play the beta? Xbox live gold is what it was called back in my day...

-Don't want to download only to be disappointed i have to pay an xbox live tax lol

I would assume so. Hope Im wrong though.

This is up to the publisher / Microsoft. Certain free to plays / buy to plays require a subscription to their associated console services. I know Warframe doesn't need PS+ however.

@ElitePWNSFace 😧 Yes, you will need XBOX Live Gold. You can find this also on our FAQ: https://pso2.com/support#faq

Xbl gold is better than paying month to month Just for PSO, which is what we used to have to do! Thanks for making this one free!

@xMIGHTYx said in Required to have some subscription?:

Xbl gold is better than paying month to month Just for PSO, which is what we used to have to do! Thanks for making this one free!

I would rather pay only for PSO2, because no other XBOX ONE games are not interest to me.

@Vundar9115 I thought the same way but in the end I feel the same with @xMIGHTYx.

After someone(forgot who and cant check while making this reply on my cell.. sorry!) mentioned that this weekend will have a couple Sega games for free to play for gold.. I was excited about possibilities of that. Also when I have the option to play PC I wont have to worry about paying for gold if I stop playing on the xbox, but.. i think i will play on both xD

@Hengbok said in Required to have some subscription?:

@Vundar9115 I thought the same way but in the end I feel the same with @xMIGHTYx.

After someone(forgot who and cant check while making this reply on my cell.. sorry!) mentioned that this weekend will have a couple Sega games for free to play for gold.. I was excited about possibilities of that. Also when I have the option to play PC I wont have to worry about paying for gold if I stop playing on the xbox, but.. i think i will play on both xD

Buying console membership is not fun at all anymore...lol

@Rzarcasm said in Required to have some subscription?:

For me, it’s not even about saving money. I’m just now paying for using a gold subscription, and only a small part of this money goes to the PSO2 developers, as I understand it. Considering that I bought Xbox One only for PSO2, it would be fair to pay only to game developers to support the project. Although maybe I just don’t understand how these things work and maybe Xbox owns the servers on which we play.

@ElitePWNSFace said in Required to have some subscription?:

Will the beta require an xbox suscription of some kind to play the beta? Xbox live gold is what it was called back in my day...

-Don't want to download only to be disappointed i have to pay an xbox live tax lol

As is it noted on Xbox, You need Xbox Live to play any game online or to join party chats and this goes for Free to Play/Payed games also. You don't need Xbox Live to Friend/Remove people or to play Single player / Offline Games or to send messages to people.

So yes, You will need Xbox Live to play pso2 as this game is fully online. As for Windows/other I'm not sure.

@Vundar9115 said in Required to have some subscription?:

For me, it’s not even about saving money. I’m just now paying for using a gold subscription, and only a small part of this money goes to the PSO2 developers, as I understand it. Considering that I bought Xbox One only for PSO2, it would be fair to pay only to game developers to support the project. Although maybe I just don’t understand how these things work and maybe Xbox owns the servers on which we play.

I'm not real sure if a cut is given since it would be hard to track which subscriptions were bought just for PSO2, but Microsoft does host the servers on Azure.

Also remember to check the xlive gold membership perks. There are usually 3-6 older games for free, per month.

Could get game pass ultimate which has gold an over 200 games for Xbox an pc for 14$ an if you want to help out pso2 buy Ac that’s where they will be making money

If you want to support PSO2 more, I'd suggest going PC and subscribing to premium instead of Xbox Live / Gold. But if they don't release PC during Open Beta "Soon," then they'r putting themselves at a loss, since they would be making more money for themselves if they allow PC players to buy AC and subscribe to premium as soon as possible.

It's more unlikely that Xbox players who subscribe to Xbox Live will subscribe to the premium service. Despite it granting access to a lot of MMO-standard features, like trading/market/etc.

@Vundar9115 said in Required to have some subscription?:

Microsoft was the one that got the game to come out to the West. The game is gonna be run on their Azure servers. I'm fairly certain they paid some good money to get it done. And personally I wouldn't buy a console for just 1 game imo to get the best value, but what people do with their money is up to them deciding value.

None of us will know how the deals go but usually buying things on Xbox, Windows 10, Steam they take like 30-40% of the sale.