did Braver did the job?

do the day braver was added to the game there was way more people in game that normal but by now it beak to the low numbers. you think braver did the job or faild? i like braver its fun to play but you play in the same old boring grind

Idk, Bullet Bow is nice but I think Katana got nerfed hard compare to base PSO2.

Katana's main mechanic is literally just button mashing/holding compare to something like Fighter or Hunter where you actually have to put some thought in when doing combo. The main selling point of Katana is its parry you think they would've make it does something more special or something but that's Hunter thing now I guess.

Now Katana Braver become even more unga bunga than class that's literally using Fists and Big Ass Sword as weapon...

Another thing is it's doesn't even have fricking GAPCLOSER! To think that in the base PSO2 everyone and their mother use Asagiri Rendan as movement tool because it's so damn good they would've think it's a must have PA for Katana Braver or something but nope.

It's pretty stupid when Bow, a ranged weapon, have more mobility than Katana which is a melee weapon.

The game is still incredibly boring, so no, Braver didn't do the job.

I can tell they want people to play braver differently than they did in pso2. I dont think any braver should be going for pure katana or pure bow with the way its setup. Giving katana a gap closer would be unbalanced vs other classes because braver has a long range option of bow, and it doesnt seem to have a bonus for range differences. instead if trying to gap close with katana, switch to bow. both have the main class damage boost. else, expect to photon dash a lot like about every melee weapon ends up having to to an extent.

And it does have two decent enougg gap closers, one pa and brave combat. Theyre just not super long range and they dont need to be.

Now that Braver is out do people understand why new classes isn't content?

@AngryRhombus563 said in did Braver did the job?:

I can tell they want people to play braver differently than they did in pso2. I dont think any braver should be going for pure katana or pure bow with the way its setup. Giving katana a gap closer would be unbalanced vs other classes because braver has a long range option of bow, and it doesnt seem to have a bonus for range differences. instead if trying to gap close with katana, switch to bow. both have the main class damage boost. else, expect to photon dash a lot like about every melee weapon ends up having to to an extent.

And it does have two decent enougg gap closers, one pa and brave combat. Theyre just not super long range and they dont need to be.

If that's how NGS Braver is gonna be then I'll just stick with Fighter, thank you.

To anyone that ever play base PSO2 Katana Braver it's totally a nerf because there's even less option to choose, No Asagiri for horizontal gap closer, No Shunka for vertical gap closer, how can anyone say NGS Braver kit is fine is beyond my understanding. The new PA roster are not even that interesting either. Silverleaf is literally just normal 3 that cost PP, they could have make it like Tsuki Gekka combo so you can adjust altitude or something but that's probably too clever for people to use I guess shrug.

and if they're gonna force people to use both weapon they'll still have to buff Katana because Bow absolutely does everything better than Katana right now.

I really start to think making class having different playstyle for NGS is a bad idea. The one from base PSO2 is already pretty solid but now it's like we're starting in stone age all over again. I love base PSO2 Ranger gameplay where I could do some big brain play with trap placement and positioning for Stationary fire and Positron, now it become just 'Huh duh Eraser go brrr'

i never played braver in pso2, but I don't like it. The bow seems meh. Why should i use it instead of rifle? and the PP problems on katana are bad.

@AngryRhombus563 said in did Braver did the job?:

100% agree.

This is the reason.. The class is fine. If you want to play the old braver, Base PSO2 is there. Just because its different doesn't mean its bad or nerfed.

Well, if people want to call not having proper gap closer just being different then I don't know what to argue. You do you good sir.

@N-X said in did Braver did the job?:

i never played braver in pso2, but I don't like it. The bow seems meh. Why should i use it instead of rifle? and the PP problems on katana are bad.

I think they intended people to use fearless counter for PP regen since it recover chunk of PP if you can nail it. Though both fearless and WA counter seem have less motion value than step counter somehow...

Katana is smashing the same button over and over and bow requires you to put in more work to slightly outdamage what a rifle can do with one button.

I'm really not feeling it.

braver made me actually less interested. i did enjoy playing braver in pso2 i must admit, even though it was far from being one of the classes i'd main, it was a very agile class the moment it came out.now i feel like i'm stuck to the ground unless i'm using braver combat, they really didn't do the class justice in ngs. in ngs, it's my least favorite class. i'll get it to 20, and get a general understanding of it, because i like maxing classes, but i won't use it any further till the next level increase will come.

@Cerisa Actually katana you can hold buttons to continue attacking. Bow everything including normal is chargable so that is mashing buttons :3 For bow it makes sense because of pulling back the (photonic) draw string is how they justify bow charging. tho it may make it feel like bow is just slow.

well looks like one more "good job by sega"

Short answer: "No."

Long answer:

The new Katana mechanic sucks as i predicted I really dont like classes in any game that have a limiter in their kit which in Katanas case is the 3 chain attack boost. As far as Bow goes i feel like Ranger and even Gunner does the Job better. However i like the shot with 2 loading stages but thats about all.

But as already stated its still the same content. I played my Braver till Lv11 and yeah....lost all interest. I was investing more time in the Salon creating my Braver Outfit then playing the Braver truth be told.

Maybe the class will get better once more skills and abilitys are being added but right now its a weaker Fighter.

Also... from braver maybe expectations will be more managed before bouncer, summoner, and 'gunblade class' is launched.

It was my expectation that they wouldnt make the same mistakes they made in pso2 that resulted in mass imbalances. i did not expect it to outclass the first 6 classes upon release, and it doesnt. i equally expect this from bouncer, summoner, and 'gunblade class'. So if youre hoping for some kinda op performances out of the remainder (lookin at 'gunblade class' especially), cut those hopes away.

So far theyve met my expectation of fixing broken pso2 balance and not making one class exeedingly better than the other from launch and continued it into the braver. I think it should be expected that each new class for the most part play and move differently, not be blatant replacements for the old.