NGS Braver not available as starting class

With the launch of the Braver class in NGS my friend really liked how the class looked and was going t o give it a try but when he went to create his character, this is also his first character in the game he doesn't have any others, he is unable to choose Braver as a starting class. I know we can switch to the Braver in-game at the one NPC, can't think of her name, but it seems odd that we can't choose Braver as a starting class in NGS but you could in the base PSO2. Anyone know why they don't have it available as a starter class?

i've no clue why they wouldn't, since many of their starting classes (gunner, techter, fighter) were classes that you had to unlock in base PSO2. i thought they'd done away with the whole unlocking system. however, it shouldn't take long at all to get through the tutorial and access the class counter in the city. once you're there, you should be able to switch to braver with no additional headaches (although i did have to drag the edge of the ui window down to make the braver option visible).

@Draugr-Overlord said in NGS Braver not available as starting class:

With the launch of the Braver class in NGS my friend really liked how the class looked and was going t o give it a try but when he went to create his character, this is also his first character in the game he doesn't have any others, he is unable to choose Braver as a starting class. I know we can switch to the Braver in-game at the one NPC, can't think of her name, but it seems odd that we can't choose Braver as a starting class in NGS but you could in the base PSO2. Anyone know why they don't have it available as a starter class?

The reason is that the class is the latest addition to the game. They may add it as a starter on the large winter update or when they add bouncer and summoner. On base PSO2 they had it as a starter class since it was ready on its release.

True starryeyedgiant it doesn't take long to get through the tutorial so it's not a big loss or anything to start as a different class just figured I'd ask for my friend since it had confused the both of us lol. Now that you mention it Anthro Cheetah that makes sense it was available at launch in the base game so we might see it move to the beginner class selection soon.