Can You Not Nerf the Movement Capabilites of the Classes in NGS Anymore?

I've tried Braver (or rather this applies more specifically to Katana), and while the PP cost is pretty annoying too, especially since you have to use the Photon Arts in a combo, since there's only 3 all with separate parts to them, my biggest issue with the classes in NGS is what the title is asking about.

Just because we have Photon Dash and Photon Glide does not mean every Photon Art that had movement in it in base PSO2 should have all movement capabilities either removed, or shoved into a skill, but still nerfed (basically making all of it manually activated but moving around much less than the original skill). I know there's a couple multi-weapons that are kinda ok for movement utility, though not quite as good as some from base PSO2, but we shouldn't have to use a multi-weapon to make the individual weapon feel more natural either.

Photon Glide and Photon Dash are way too slow to be a replacement for the movement capabilities that Photon Arts and Techs from base PSO2, so removing these capabilities from Photon Arts, and/or nerfing them immensely does not work, and it feels clunky anyway to have to run before doing every single Photon Art or Tech where these capabilities were removed.

There are some Photon Arts where their movement capabilities were improved, but that isn't saying much considering they were pretty much non-existent in the first place for the ones where this is the case.

I liked all the classes in Base PSO2 except summoner (the class just bored me), because for the most part they played how I would expect them to, in NGS though some of them just feel so clunky because they come to a complete stop when using any Photon Art, rather than either continuing the momentum, or creating it themselves. You're the company that makes Sonic games what is this? Shouldn't you be like really good at making speed feel natural?

I'm disappointed with Braver, not because of the Photon Arts themselves, but because it feels so weird to play, and I have to say don't you dare do this to Bouncer, that's pretty much Bouncer's entire thing to float around and do fancy moves in the air. I wish this wasn't done to other classes either though.

I think when SEGA said they slowed down the combat for NGS because of what people were saying, they misunderstood what some people that asked for changes like that wanted, people wanted the gameplay to be more focused on stats, and less focused on having to dodge everything (like how in PSO and PSU you could avoid attacks, but generally your stats would be what keeps you alive, or what gets you killed). No one wanted you to make every class move like someone carrying a a backpack full of bricks.

Yeah I miss the Br moves ( I'll get the names when I log on) the move right now don't feel fun at all I want to move really fast like zenitsu because right now it just feels like Hu but faster

I've been saying for months now that I love that they declassified long-distance movement abilities and that's as someone who spent most of PSO2 exclusively as a Bouncer main.

Giving Braver exclusive domain over long-distance travel would make it the de facto best class for many simply because no other class could move as fast. It'd be awful for variety,would largely obsolete the entire point of what photon dash was created for, and it would make the possibility of time trials in the future a total non-contest that screws over all the classes that lack movement PAs the way PSO2 always did (Helen Bathina, anyone?).

So long as Braver fights as well as Hunter/Fighter in melee, as well as Ranger/Gunner at range or an acceptable compromise of the two, it doesn't need to be faster than everything else on top of it. And as someone looking forward to maining N-Bouncer in a couple months I say the same again for that; buff its fighting ability (especially jet boots which ended PSO2 as the worst melee-range weapon type by far) and give it an iota of survivability (Damage Bouncer is still orphaned, wink wink) and I won't care about the loss of Grand Wave.

Yeah but giving classes unique abilities only for them makes the class want to be played because right now there's no difference between Hunter and Braver

Braver is meant to be fast with moves like ( I'll get them later ) that get right up in your face really quickly

@Drakaina said in Can You Not Nerf the Movement Capabilites of the Classes in NGS Anymore?:

Braver is meant to be fast with moves like ( I'll get them later ) that get right up in your face really quickly

Seen Twin Daggers lately?

That niché is already covered.

@Drakaina said in Can You Not Nerf the Movement Capabilites of the Classes in NGS Anymore?:

right now there's no difference between Hunter and Braver

Yeah I've been playing Bow Hunter for months.

The point is that photon dash and glide are somewhat slow. PSO2's tools were grossly simplifying everything and nearly everyone having a PA/skill with good DPS that nearly instantly moved you to any target. The fact that nearly all of them worked for movement without enemies was even worse.

I think when SEGA said they slowed down the combat for NGS because of what people were saying, they misunderstood what some people that asked for changes like that wanted, people wanted the gameplay to be more focused on stats, and less focused on having to dodge everything (like how in PSO and PSU you could avoid attacks, but generally your stats would be what keeps you alive, or what gets you killed). No one wanted you to make every class move like someone carrying a a backpack full of bricks.

Speak for yourself. Stats focused gameplay is just an excuse for grind2win garbage. NGS just refined the formula and stopped simplifying many things PSO2 simplified by taking tools. It's not like there is not a decent chance that due to natural power creep many of these come back, but it's better than first taking the exact state of mess PSO2 balance was in, and then adding even more onto it before level 35 cap.

@Hooonter I didn't say that's what I wanted, that's just what people were asking for when they asked for the changes that SEGA interpreted as make combat slower. I don't think anyone wanted them to take away fast movement from PAs though, they just wanted to not have to rely on dodging to fight bosses.

I was perfectly fine with dodging stuff, but some people just didn't like how they balanced some bosses in base PSO2 where unless you go with the really tanky classes, if you couldn't dodge some attacks (whether by the dodge action button, or blocking with a weapon action) you're pretty much just guaranteed to die.

@Riesz

I wanted most of these slower changes in NGS. On the other hand I think it's mostly minority of people who thought that relying on dodging or otherwise avoiding damage in an action game was something bad.

I was perfectly fine with dodging stuff, but some people just didn't like how they balanced some bosses in base PSO2 where unless you go with the really tanky classes, if you couldn't dodge some attacks (whether by the dodge action button, or blocking with a weapon action) you're pretty much just guaranteed to die.

So if you willfully ignore the niche of overly tanky classes that shouldn't even reach such damage reductions they did in PSO2, you will have to dodge attacks or die? I fail to see how to interpret the whole sentence as something that's not 100% idiotic.

Bravers 3 skills are essentially the same one skill. You telling me you can't have 1 dash, 1 aoe, 1 single target.

@Hooonter said in Can You Not Nerf the Movement Capabilites of the Classes in NGS Anymore?:

The point is that photon dash and glide are somewhat slow. PSO2's tools were grossly simplifying everything and nearly everyone having a PA/skill with good DPS that nearly instantly moved you to any target.

The solution to that would be to make photon dash/glide faster, not to make every other class worse because while every class had a "movement PA", most of them suuucked compared to the likes of Misdreaver and Ilzonde, either for homing in on enemies 90 degrees off from the direction you wanted to go (ruining even Grand Wave as a movement PA) or just being slower, and that's why many players especially melee classes like Fighter seriously disliked the lack of Helen Bathina (the all-class katana) in Global.

@Hooonter I already told you those weren't my views on the topic, I know you want to just give people a hard time about everything, I've played this chat game with you before, I'm not doing it again, blocked.

You're can't argue for both sides at the same time.

@Miraglyth said in Can You Not Nerf the Movement Capabilites of the Classes in NGS Anymore?:

@Hooonter said in Can You Not Nerf the Movement Capabilites of the Classes in NGS Anymore?:

The point is that photon dash and glide are somewhat slow. PSO2's tools were grossly simplifying everything and nearly everyone having a PA/skill with good DPS that nearly instantly moved you to any target.

The solution to that would be to make photon dash/glide faster, not to make every other class worse because while every class had a "movement PA", most of them suuucked compared to the likes of Misdreaver and Ilzonde, either for homing in on enemies 90 degrees off from the direction you wanted to go (ruining even Grand Wave as a movement PA) or just being slower, and that's why many players especially melee classes like Fighter seriously disliked the lack of Helen Bathina (the all-class katana) in Global.

The easy solution to have a movement PA, making glide faster doesn't change the fact that has no tracking.

@DaiShocker said in Can You Not Nerf the Movement Capabilites of the Classes in NGS Anymore?:

The easy solution to have a movement PA, making glide faster doesn't change the fact that has no tracking.

...huh? I'm not following what you're trying to say. 🤔

Not every class should fast / heavy hit / long range / ect / ect movement because of every class could do the exact same thing that makes them boring

To me Hu is meant to be slow but hit hard

To me br is meant to be squishy have Parry Block ( similar to meliodas counter ability from nonatsu no taizai) and fast up in your face

Not slightly faster Hunter