The new SG scratch is trash and cash grab

WTF? So I need to get more of the same outfit I have 20+ off? Fuck you sega.fuck you up the ass hole.

I think I'm pretty tolerant with their sales promotions, but this is outrageous.

Just tried a quick tally. I did it in hurry, so maybe I'm wrong by a few percent, but the chance we get an old item is about 64%.

sgscratchratio.jpg

Oof. I didn't spend SG on the last scratch because it didn't interest me, now it's forced down my throat again, yet I was expecting it to be gone. Guess I'll save my sg again

From the video I really got the impression that this was going to be a small SG scratch just based around Braver stuff, since it's also gonna be short-lived considering there's another SG scratch coming up soon.

Real wild to put the new stuff in and have it be such a small percentage next to the old stuff. Hopefully the next scratch coming up soon replaces all the old stuff and keeps the Braver stuff in, and that this short-lived SG scratch is basically just an unfortunate middle-scratch they made in order to ensure people could get Braver gear on Braver release.

I'm sorry, I had a laugh when I translated that twitter page from Japanese and looked at the "new" sg scratch. This is downright nasty.

Whoever is responsible for their AC and SG scratch lineup seriously needs to re-evaluate the current and future scratches or need to get replaced with someone else who understands scratch mechanics as a consumer. Polluted prize pools generate customer resentment and hesitation, they're less likely to spend money that way. The untradeable mechanic of SG items is added insult to injury.

At the very least, convert everyone's SG to AC. Get rid of the SG scratch, convert anything that needs SG to AC and make all current and future scratches AC scratches so that they are tradable. Compensations should be in AC instead of SG too.

Of course the one thing I want is now stuffed into an old scratch. I feel sorry for the people who wasted their SG.

Lesson learned to never spend all Star Gems for ending SG Scratch Ticket Campaigns. They announced on the website that prizes may appear again in other campaigns, I didn't think that they would so fast. FOMO got the best of me and I ended with more SG Recycle Badges instead of something I'd like to get, shame on me. I won't let the same mistake happen this time.

Scratch Ticket.PNG Source: "Passionate Spirit" SG Scratch Ticket Campaign

Another chance to get what I missed earlier, but the taste feels bad somehow.

[EDIT] I wish they could add a possibility to turn N-SG Recycle Badges into tickets for the current campaign, allowing you to get what you want.

Kind regards!

@Grond said in The new SG scratch is trash and cash grab:

Lesson learned to never spend all Star Gems for ending SG Scratch Ticket Campaigns. They announced on the website that prizes may appear again in other campaigns, I didn't think that they would so fast. FOMO got the best of me and I ended with more SG Recycle Badges instead of something I'd like to get, shame on me. I won't let the same mistake happen this time.

Scratch Ticket.PNG Source: "Passionate Spirit" SG Scratch Ticket Campaign

Another chance to get what I missed earlier, but the taste feels bad somehow.

Kind regards!

Feels bad man. I fully expected to renew them at some point, but yeah to have them in the very next scratch, that’s so dodgy.

Seems like some of the Japanese are really mad and reporting sega to consumer affairs' lol https://twitter.com/makino180/status/1422811491904856064

@Grond said in The new SG scratch is trash and cash grab:

[EDIT] I wish they could add a possibility to turn N-SG Recycle Badges into tickets for the current campaign, allowing you to get what you want.

This is how it worked in JP PSO2 I believe, but I'd be real surprised to see it show up again in NGS with the free scratches they give out, it makes it too simple to get SG Recycle Badges.

@A-Silver-King said in The new SG scratch is trash and cash grab:

Seems like some of the Japanese are really mad and reporting sega to consumer affairs' lol https://twitter.com/makino180/status/1422811491904856064

Shit, if they're complaining sega may actually do something. XD.

I also referenced it on the other topic, but the rates are way lower on this one. Lowest rate on Passionate spirit was a 21% chance, highest was an 85% chance. In this one lowest is 5% and highest is 40%. It feels like sega set themselves up to get shot in the foot by people who were patient enough to not spend til the last day, then they knee jerk hella nerfed the rates and duration of this one + past item dilution.

@Akonyl SEGA could set expiry date for these exchange tickets like Bonus Keys work in base PSO2 so that playerbase wouldn't like to find a way to exploit N-SG Recycle Badges. In example, Swap Shop would get an update with any new SG Scratch Ticket Campaign on the horizon and tickets would have an expiry date set for ending time of current campaign.

@A-Silver-King Hope they win.

And did you see the scratch count bonuses? NONE !

STAGE 1 - 40 scratches, astute braver ticket.

STAGE 2 (and uo) - 40 scratches, astute braver ticket

LOL. it doesnt even have any of the base bonuses that Passionate Spirit had, they just skip them all to the end. This is the most scummiest thing they have done thus far. They have basically guaranteed all I am going to do is the daily scratch with this one.

@Akonyl said in The new SG scratch is trash and cash grab:

Hopefully the next scratch coming up soon replaces all the old stuff and keeps the Braver stuff in, and that this short-lived SG scratch is basically just an unfortunate middle-scratch they made in order to ensure people could get Braver gear on Braver release.

Yes, merge the new items into the next SG scratch, remove the old items. That's an acceptable solution to salvage this situation.

I don't see how anyone should accept a bloated pool of items, now or in the future. Chances are already low enough.