PSO2 dead?

No more content after Episode 6 & Sodam?

Last updated news regarding base PSO2 for both event and server info is 3 months ago.

Even boost week's gone.

pso2 is dead. It served its cash cow purpose. NG is the new cash cow.

At the very least theirs no new content coming in the foreseeable future and possibly never. Theirs still a fair few people playing it though whenever I’m in pso2 blocks I generally see between 2 and 3 blocks full. Theirs no boost weeks anymore, it’s all tied into pso2 day now where you’ll get a 15% affixing boost etc

alt text

No, PSO2 is dead.

Dead as in no new content or events.

I still play PSO2 quite a bit to farm SG and picking up what's left on playershop in terms of old fashion items.

Given Sega's track record, how do people not see this coming?

Edit: Reminds me of when they shut down the PSU servers, Once the PC/PS2 servers shut down, Sega of America turned around to the Xbox servers and promised "In 6 months we'll be 100% caught-up with the JP PSU servers." 6 months later they shut down the Xbox servers.

@Antiseptic said in PSO2 dead?:

Given Sega's track record, how do people not see this coming?

Edit: Reminds me of when they shut down the PSU servers, Once the PC/PS2 servers shut down, Sega of America turned around to the Xbox servers and promised "In 6 months we'll be 100% caught-up with the JP PSU servers." 6 months later they shut down the Xbox servers.

Considering they just released two very detailed reports on pso2 that covers everything from most enemies kill to the most popular fashion items, shows at the very least they are still tracking the data coming from pso2, so I doubt the servers are going anywhere soon. Speaking of dead one player died 9,187 times, yikes.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 This is definitely their longest-running server as far as I'm aware of. They promised 10 years and delivered, I'll give them that. I'm actually surprised by the attention they still give it, it's so unlike them lol.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 well technically those are pre-NGS times. the player results was this March, and fashion/ARKS results was from March last year to this March.

PSO2 died...for NGS. lol imagine that. NGS is dead already too

@Antiseptic said in PSO2 dead?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 This is definitely their longest-running server as far as I'm aware of. They promised 10 years and delivered, I'll give them that. I'm actually surprised by the attention they still give it, it's so unlike them lol.

Yeah I was surprised has well, was cool to see some of the numbers.

@HarmlessSyan

True, though it does sound like they are still tracking it, when they were talking about only one ark operative passing 5mil at the time this report was done.

Yes it's dead .I think they close it later on

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Do you need to have the premium to have 15% affix boost or is it possible to have it without premium?

@KirinXHell said in PSO2 dead?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Do you need to have the premium to have 15% affix boost or is it possible to have it without premium?

The pso2 day on the 2nd of every month is for everyone, the pso2 day on the 22nd of every month is for premium

@KirinXHell said in PSO2 dead?:

No more content after Episode 6 & Sodam?

Last updated news regarding base PSO2 for both event and server info is 3 months ago.

Even boost week's gone.

Yes, after 9 years of service, pso2 development has ended.