Make the mission pass awards cross-character unlocked.

I was totally unaware that once I've redeemed my accesories and outfits that they were lock to that one character. I'm unable to use the outfits that I redeem on my cast onto an another character since I thought everything was a universal unlocked between all my characters.

Which is very unfortunate since my cast cannot wear everything. 😞

The Zesius set that I redeemed is completely locked and unusable now.

It would be nice to have it universally unlocked on each character for the ship you've unlocked the awards on. The mission pass is shared between all your characters in general it would seem like you would be awarded between every character when it comes to outfits and accessories within the mission pass.

I agree with you all of the mission pass cosmetics should be set as account bound no character bound seeing that the items are not sellable/tradable, I also believe that any item that is not sellable/tradeable should also be account bond when used, items from the fresh shop from here on out will not be traded nor sold, if that’s the case then make them a account bound not character bound please

You can make anything/everything account bound by using it twice.

@OmniChao we know I’m referring to the items that come with the gold mission pass and the fresh finds shop that are not supposed to not supposed to be tradeable/sellable

@OmniChao You only get the mission pass awards once. So it's impossible to use twice, these items should be automatically account bound and not character bound.

@KeeperOfWind said in Make the mission pass awards cross-character unlocked.:

@OmniChao You only get the mission pass awards once. So it's impossible to use twice, these items should be automatically account bound and not character bound.

I agree with this. Any items from the mission system should be account bound by default.

I agree fully that they should be account and not character bound

Honestly, everything should be account bound when used once. This is the only game with cosmetic items that I've seen required the user to purchase something twice. Its absolutely preposterous.

@Total-Sacrifice said in Make the mission pass awards cross-character unlocked.:

Honestly, everything should be account bound when used once. This is the only game with cosmetic items that I've seen required the user to purchase something twice. Its absolutely preposterous.

It's there because Japanese players are, allegedly, much more likely to openly whale for unique items which are available for a limited time. It's part of the reason why Star Ocean Anamnesis' JP client is still around, but the western client shut down 6 months ago.

@Vicodin-Villian said in Make the mission pass awards cross-character unlocked.:

@Total-Sacrifice said in Make the mission pass awards cross-character unlocked.:

It's there because Japanese players are, allegedly, much more likely to openly whale for unique items which are available for a limited time. It's part of the reason why Star Ocean Anamnesis' JP client is still around, but the western client shut down 6 months ago.

I hope that the US audience isn't as easily whaled. PSO2NA faces stronger competition here from Western games like Fortnite which apply purchases account-wide. Hopefully players push back so that in the future PSO2NA will have cosmetics apply account-wide.

@OmniChao I thought it took three uses to unlock it for the account. Once for the character (and you lose access if you delete that character? I don't know for sure), once for the "slot" (including auxiliary and if you delete that character and make another in that slot they have access to it? I don't know) , then a third time to bind it to the account and available to all characters.

At least that's my understanding of it. But I am fairly new to the game (only about a week or so) and, quite bluntly, in-game descriptions are freakin' useless, very poorly worded, and about as clear as the bottom of the septic tank at Madison Square Garden after Wrestlemania. To be perfectly honest I don't know what more than half of the in-game items even do, are used for, or are worth, because the descriptions don't tell us anything. Like Lamba Grinders vs regular Grinders. What the heck do they even do? I've never seen an option to use them.

But yea, back on topic, cosmetics should just be account-wide, especially if there is no option to get them from other sources (barter/sale). At the very least it should be possible to put them into an account-wide storage so that if you pick up an item on the "wrong" character you can still transfer it over to the one who can actually use it, and then put it back into storage for another character to use if you decide to delete that character.

@zaffy2005 nope just 2 ^_^

@OmniChao Well that's a bit better at least, but still something we're not able to do when we only get one item in the pack and there's no way to buy another one to get those two uses.

@zaffy2005 yeah if they can’t make it account wide with one use they could at lest give out 2 at purchase instead, most of the accessories are about 80-180 Sg so in $ wise 80 Sg Would = out to 4$ To me that should cover 2 tickets instead of one seeing that atm we can not sell any items from the fresh finds, and yes I know we can get Sg in game as well but that still does not help with the fact that we can not get 2 of these items to use on multiple characters, it would be nice to have the items be account wide but a compromise would be allowing us to buy 2 of each bindable items or giving us 2 of the items at purchase

Tho now that I think about it in the JP server we had SG scratch as well and the Sg items could not be sold either I do believe so I does make sense on that end but you can get multiple items via the SG scratch with more plays so they could allow at lest 2 purchases of the binding items to be sold

@SaviorZero82 All in all seems like there are better ways they could have run this. But, after the last five years of Bungie's bungled blundering with Destiny and its microtransactions. Imagine paying $8+ for a single emote or a camo that can only be used on a single specific weapon or armor piece, and $15 for a set of purely cosmetic "armor." Granted in Destiny there's no limit to how many times you can use these and they're "account-based," but still ridiculously overpriced for how little they actually bring to the game. It's crazy.