SEGA is showing some promise

https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugfixes/i_measures_20210802/

This is what SquareEnix has been doing since ARR launched. Shows they are banning and doing something about the rmt accounts (On jp at least).

In addition to banning for RMT, they make it clear that obstruction or intentionally not fighting is grounds for permanent ban.

https://pso2.jp/players/support/rules/manners/playmanners/

So they explicitly say get out to leechers, nice.

@AngryRhombus563 They did this as well on global a while back, they were posting reports on how many accounts banned. But they've since stopped. They're likely still banning accounts

@AngryRhombus563 said in SEGA is showing some promise:

This is what SquareEnix has been doing since ARR launched. Shows they are banning and doing something about the rmt accounts (On jp at least). In addition to banning for RMT, they make it clear that obstruction or intentionally not fighting is grounds for permanent ban.

Heh, if sega actually does something that works about them, they instantly one up square enix and all other MMOs.

As for SE, the "action against RMT" can be summed up with "the most obvious who don't pay for our game are now gone to make room for the next wave you can all see and enjoy tomorrow. Look forward to them filling and cramping up the servers for the next week/month, an effect which will be 10 times worse for the first few days" While they equally obvious crafters/gatherers are free to do as they please. I know a bunch that have been around for years and i don't see why they wouldn't still be there.

Eh, but this is just pissing in the wind. You people are free to live in delusions if you wish.

SE doesn't do anything, FFXI was completely ruined due to RMT, hackers, cheaters and exploiters.

@Shiyo They started with XIV

@Yggranya you mean the craft bots? yea they dont touch those. they are the high spenders :3

i didnt say they are one upping SE, tho. they are jyst finally showing some signs of concern. i know SE uses those banned accounts in their numbers 😮

oopsddgfgh

That’s nice to see. Leechers ruined Buster for me and I used to love running it.

@Shiyo said in SEGA is showing some promise:

SE doesn't do anything, FFXI was completely ruined due to RMT, hackers, cheaters and exploiters.

Yet SE bans tons of bots all the time. And for a game that's completely ruined, there's plenty of folks still playing

The massive amount of bug fixes, hopefully actually fixed and not theoretically, is a good sight to see too

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/maintenance/maintenanceend20210804

Now for content.

Sometimes its easy to get stuck in a negative state when you see many things wrong in a game. But one has to acknowledge good things too, and give credit where its due.

This is another good step in the right direction and I hope those with ill intentions towards the game's economy and wellbeing are swiftly banned (redboxing, RMT, etc.) And that as the economy eventually hopefully recovers, people can stop feeling like they need multiple accounts to keep up with the inflated prices.

Much like the apology they just put out. It doesn't cover those who spent 2-4k SG points on the supposed last day of the SG Scratch (if not more,) but its at least some form of communication. Its too bad people had to get really angry to the point of reporting them to the consumer bonds/unions(?) But they could have also apologized and done nothing else, or given you 10 N-Grinders(lol).

It feels like even though its slow, they're starting to listen a little more recently, for which I'm glad if so.

Damn that’s a massive bug fixing update well over 200, plus all the ones they’ve fixed before this update.

I know people want content to be coming out faster, and the game definitely could of done with more development time before release, but the devs definitely aren’t slacking off either.

Though that being said I still don’t really see any major new content coming before the winter update, the amount of bug fixes they are having to do would be taking up a lot of time the dev team would otherwise have had to be working on new content and features. I cad see why features like the mag devices and the title system was pushed back. Hopefully they won’t need to be spending has much time on bug fixes from here on out and can focus more of their attention on getting the content and features out that people want.

@Bluepantsu As much as I have been disappointed with NGS launch and how they seem to treat the customer base, I never stop hoping that one day they'll gradually try to make amends and do better with communication because I don't want to see the game fail.

NGS has so much potential, I want the best for it.

@Bluepantsu said in SEGA is showing some promise:

Sometimes its easy to get stuck in a negative state when you see many things wrong in a game. But one has to acknowledge good things too, and give credit where its due.

This is another good step in the right direction and I hope those with ill intentions towards the game's economy and wellbeing are swiftly banned (redboxing, RMT, etc.) And that as the economy eventually hopefully recovers, people can stop feeling like they need multiple accounts to keep up with the inflated prices.

Much like the apology they just put out. It doesn't cover those who spent 2-4k SG points on the supposed last day of the SG Scratch (if not more,) but its at least some form of communication. Its too bad people had to get really angry to the point of reporting them to the consumer bonds/unions(?) But they could have also apologized and done nothing else, or given you 10 N-Grinders(lol).

It feels like even though its slow, they're starting to listen a little more recently, for which I'm glad if so.

That’s a step in the right direction, I’m glad.