PSO2: The Hope YOu Bring 2nd Battle

Is there any hope getting this quest done before the event is up? It seems that even on Casual the boss has 100000000000 HP and a second phase attack that stun locks you to death. I dark blasted her and 20000+ whatever I had done up to that point wasn't good enough. I just want the items. I honestly don't care about the story right now, and buttoning through all the cutscenes fighting one battle and buttoning through the next is just tedious. Also why I can't I use a scape doll or just retry the quest from the beginning of the second battle. Why do I have to go through all of the other crap first.

This is not a fun fight.

Is this the Shiva fight? The stunlock ability where you get frozen with the red stabbies or w/e only triggers if you attack her red sphere barrier thing. You have to recognize the animation she does before she does it and then back off until the barrier goes away. Iirc she voices a line and walks briefly before doing it, but I could be wrong.

Alternately, if you run hunter sub you can invest points in Iron Will which gives you a 75% chance to not die, which can get you through the stunlock.

sigh

Then we get people complain of no content

We urgently need to disable reviving or put a cooldown on it to avoid people from getting this far without even playing the game.

the fight is rather simple, but if you keep button mashing, ignoring her skills, you will probably get nowhere if that's what's 1 hit KOing you. simply observe the fight.

It’s easier if you have English voice acting but you can also listen to her line in Japanese, it distinctly sounds more taunt-y to me than her other lines. The fight is easy, just slow your roll until she cycles through all of her attacks so you know what the cues are. I believe Shiva also has a visual cue for that attack as well but it’s been a minute. Isn’t it when she starts floating upward? I can’t remember.

You’ve got this.

What I wrote: "Boss has too much HP when 10 minutes of shooting and a dark blast doesn't kill her then she uses some gravity stun lock attack and you die and can't revive. And the game doesn't save just before the fight and you have to go trough on fight and endless cutscenes AGAIN AND AGAIN"

What people read: Nothing.. people can't read here and assume it's the sheild sword thing. Which even then is pretty crap on a casual run.

Wow nobody read what I posted so I'm just going to assume that it's impossible unless you are level 200 or something and I'm not going to grind that. Every other fight has been pretty good so far for a casual run, why is it only this on where the boss seemingly has infinite HP.

I think I'm pretty done with PSO2 here if SEGA thinks that's casual and makes it so new players can't get event items because they are expected to be level 200 on CASUAL or whatever.

Casual has nothing to do with you being too weak to beat the boss. It's the last boss of the last episode. So if you can't put in a little bit more work to overcome it, it's just your fault, sorry to tell you that. The story has been here for a while, so if you only just started playing pso2 to get the event rewards without putting in the minimum effort it requires, I guess you'll not get the episode 6 reward. The world's not gonna end if you don't get it, but I guess you're not happy with that, so bye.

Dunno what to say, SEGA added easy mode (now renamed casual) in EP4 for the less skilled player that still want to go through story. EP1-3 only got casual mode once they got rid of matterboard and did the omnibus version that is currently available. If you are having trouble with even the easy mode... perhaps the game isn't for you.

There is no level 200, the level cap is 100. Enemies scales to your level to some extent on casual mode, swiki says its 31-45 in act 1 and 41-55 in act 2, so getting to at least 40 is probably good idea for act 2 assuming you actually know how to gear yourself, else you just going to need more levels and overpower the bosses. I'm pretty sure you can start at the fight and not all over again, when you start up the mission again from quest counter or wherever, it should ask if you want to continue from where you left off.

@Maverynthia said in PSO2: The Hope YOu Bring 2nd Battle:

What I wrote: "Boss has too much HP when 10 minutes of shooting and a dark blast doesn't kill her then she uses some gravity stun lock attack and you die and can't revive. And the game doesn't save just before the fight and you have to go trough on fight and endless cutscenes AGAIN AND AGAIN"

What people read: Nothing.. people can't read here and assume it's the sheild sword thing. Which even then is pretty crap on a casual run.

Wow nobody read what I posted so I'm just going to assume that it's impossible unless you are level 200 or something and I'm not going to grind that. Every other fight has been pretty good so far for a casual run, why is it only this on where the boss seemingly has infinite HP.

I think I'm pretty done with PSO2 here if SEGA thinks that's casual and makes it so new players can't get event items because they are expected to be level 200 on CASUAL or whatever.

I did read what you posted. I saw the bit about complaining about her HP, but there's not much to be said about that. You're not gonna get through her health faster without doing more damage, which we can't really give quick advice on aside from "play better" or "get a 15* weapon if you don't have one". If you don't have a 15* weapon, you should be able to get one pretty easily from collection files, I think. Though those might want you to kill luminmechs which are from a UQ.

I'm not sure why you're complaining about people assuming you're referring to the barrier freeze in your first post when you didn't originally clarify what you meant by "attack that stun locks you to death". The sword barrier is the attack that most people would assume is killing a player having trouble with the fight, not the gravity attack (like you clarified in the second post), and it fits that description just as well.

Even on hardcore her health is nothing for a properly geared player, on casual any 15* weapon should be destroying her, even a 14*with a few cheap S augs would easily do the job which you can buy of the player stores for next to nothing.

You taking over 10 mins and still not killing her means you are massively under leveled or under geared probably a combination of both. I have no idea how much you’ve played pso2 but have you upgraded your techs or pa’s, you can get level 17 ones from then excube exchange on the second floor of the shopping plaza. Theirs also crafting for some pa’s and techs which can add a lot of damage too.

Ten minutes is enough to kill Shiva 5 to 10 times and this guy is failing to kill her once and is acting like this lmao

You never mentioned your class so it's either you learn it or swap to another one.

Go phantom rifle if you wanna braindead run this one. Deploy the two PA which has laser shooting bits, step dodge her attacks and counter it with the bullet stored after successful dodge. Spamming step attacking or normals after step dodge move deals better dps than the normal>normal>normal attack one.

If you cannot work on NOT attacking her or swapping to a non rifle to disperse the laser bits you deployed when she says her line before the 1 hit KO, then spam Shift Kugel. After you get caught by the swords, release your shift Kugel PA so you wouldn't die.

@Maverynthia quite literally git gud

Buddy, just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean we didn’t read. It’s the final boss, it’s supposed to require a little more than button mashing. Everything you need to beat it is obtainable in the game, just practice until you get it. I beat the Shiva phase my first try…you’re probably not going to like the next fight, then. You definitely will need to pay attention and have the minimum gear to do enough damage.

What I wrote: "Boss has too much HP when 10 minutes of shooting and a dark blast doesn't kill her then she uses some gravity stun lock attack and you die and can't revive.

Yeah that's an asshole one shot attack she does when low on HP. When you hear the "Vessel of the world..." start, focus on dodging the node laser shots, and after that hit and hold the Photon Blast button.

You will be invincible during all the rest of the attack. Keep holding onto that button until Shiva is done slashing you in half, which won't actually hit you.

You can also dodge being encased if you i-frame when the swords go to impale you, but don't risk it unless you are confident.

You can do it!