Afk issue in combat zones

I been just casually farming in Vanford Lab for up to 1-3 hours each day and have for the last 3 days ran into people AFKing in certain parts of the vanford area to get rewards for just standing there. In 3 days I run into 3-5 everyday of different people and it’s for hours on end seeing the same names just AFKing and slightly moving spots or reviving themselves to go back 10-30 minutes after death repeating the loop. Even some of these afk players only move when a PSE burst is happening so they could leech free drops. It’s generally annoying knowing a freeloader is taking up 1/8 spaces and sometimes it’s more than one in an instance like how I got 3/8 just today in vanford lab. Giving most instances are low population I’m put in the position to try ignoring them knowing they are not of any sort of help and freeloaders off the fact they can earn meseta by standing in the area and it auto picks up into their inventories for them or I’m 1-2 person farming PSE burst. Best I can do is report and hope it gets dealt with soon enough. So far only seen this in vanford lab but wouldn’t doubt it if it was at each combat zone. If people could get timed out or something for AFKing in combat zones that be great or find another solution so we don’t further mass inflate the already mass inflated player shop because of afk players

Going to ask how would this work in a 32 player zone because some people AFK and are actually they're just waiting for a gigantic

Stealth tactic oh i thought that you meant all zones

@Drakaina I’m only asking this for combat zones if possible because as the name implies it’s a combat zone. People just AFKing in a zone meant strictly for combat isn’t ideal when they take one of the limited 8 spots compared to an explanation zone that has 32 spots for that instance and do nothing but stand there accumulating meseta/ drops.

Exploration I don’t mind people AFKing as your not just pulling in rewards for existing at the extent combat zones do and people are at least waiting for a gigantic to play. The difference these other players only comeback to revive themselves or move to the next PSE burst spot and continue to afk again and have 0 intention to really play the game.

If they can’t time out players next best thing would be to cancel reward drops no matter how close you are unless you do some sort of damage/killing enemies or at least give it a 30 seconds- a minute cooldown until you get absolutely nothing.

@Stealth-tactic what would the kick time be?

@Drakaina 5-10 minutes of being afk in a combat zone sounds fair till they time you out.

auto kick is totally unfair and there should be an option to turn it off should one have to go idle due to circumstances beyond their control(ie. nature calls or they take a shower 🚿)

Huh, I experienced this very thing last night in two instances. One when fighting a Gigas, and another with a veteran. The player in the veteran stood still most of the time. However did once or twice swing their weapon at thin air. After the battle they just ran off.

One thing that could be done is to take a leaf out of of SEGA's original Sonic the Hedgehog series. In there, if there is a sufficiently long period of inactivity, Sonic gets fed up and jumps off screen and you are thrown back to the title screen.I don't recommend this exact path of course as it would cause an outcry. Maybe a softer variation with a more roleplay aspect to it.

To be fair on people who genuinely need to be AFK, it should only take effect in places where you really shouldn't be AFK-ing. Say PSE Burst combat zones, UQs or if you are in range of a boss enemy. The player would be given ample warning by the game after a short period of inactivity. Say after three warnings, they are teleported out of the combat zone.

The warnings could be in the way of the operator saying something like "We've lost audio and visual feed, are you okay Defender?". The next one could be "Defender, please respond!". And by the third Crawford or Bruder jumps in with "Initiate immediate extraction of the ARKS Defender to a medical facility. Now! Code Abyss directive!".

Then you wake up in an instanced medical room and have to be let out by doctor who will mention something along the lines of you being found comatose in the field.

This is just wishful thinking and probably not worth the effort to put in. But it would be a nice touch all the same.

I disagree with the inactive kick completely because like they said there is not enough activity to even warrant it and some people just need to suddenly go ( bathroom break/ food / child / emergency )

Because I have afk for way over 3 hours in the North waiting for the giga I was not away from the console I was on my laptop and phone just waiting

And besides the recommended time that someone said 5 to 10 minutes is not long enough

I think what OP is getting at is not to kick people that are AFK in their entirety. Just in situations where going AFK is not appropriate. Say three paces away from a Gigas - for however long it is up. In a UQ. Or in middle of a PSE-Burst combat zone. Just idling with other players and enjoying their company at some landmark while waiting for a Gigas to show up isn't the problem.

There will always be unforeseen situations that are beyond your control and you end up AFK-ing regardless. These cannot be helped. But the people in question here are deliberately squatting in an area to get free experience and drops without lifting a finger. This form of AFK-ing is more problematic.

Hello,

I never saw an afker in the lab in B26 and leechers are very rare in all areas, sometime they doesn't just play very well/focused but try to attack anyway. You do well to report the afker on purpose.

But, I am totally against this proposition to put an afk timer logging us off.

As a roleplayer, it happens all the time that I am waiting in the lobby, if someone logs in, ready to play with anyone interested to. For Gigantix and often veteran, I am in combat zone waiting their spawn or eventually for another unknown player for help him. I am also waiting for UQ often.

Put an afk timer would be a powerful frustration's source for anyone, even your friends, and will not fix the lag of the game because people will doesn't stop to log in and log off because kicked.

Please, don't add that.

If you have something more important to do than playing the game, perhaps you should take care whatever it is before you continue playing. Not like you can do two things at once, so getting logged off wouldn't get in the way since you could just log back in after you're ready to play again.

If you're just standing around, it's not like it matter either since logging back in takes all of 10 seconds. Oh, the humanity! Really makes one wonder why people pull some excuses out of their backsides any time people want help in combating lazy pricks.

@Yggranya said in Afk issue in combat zones:

If you have something more important to do than playing the game, perhaps you should take care whatever it is before you continue playing. Not like you can do two things at once, so getting logged off wouldn't get in the way since you could just log back in after you're ready to play again.

If you're just standing around, it's not like it matter either since logging back in takes all of 10 seconds. Oh, the humanity! Really makes one wonder why people pull some excuses out of their backsides any time people want help in combating lazy pricks.

First off for your first point sometimes emergencies come up that you cannot control so you have to take off and I do not want to be kicked each time I go to the bathroom

Sometimes people are in a 32 incidents with just their friends and waiting for x events to show up I don't want to be kicked from Being Idle they don't want me to be kicked for Being Idle and logging back in would be hard because the spot will be took up

@Drakaina said in Afk issue in combat zones:

@Yggranya said in Afk issue in combat zones:

First off for your first point sometimes emergencies come up that you cannot control so you have to take off and I do not want to be kicked each time I go to the bathroom

Sometimes people are in a 32 incidents with just their friends and waiting for x events to show up I don't want to be kicked from Being Idle they don't want me to be kicked for Being Idle and logging back in would be hard because the spot will be took up

You take 10 minutes in the bathroom? Huh. Anyway, you have to take off, you do, and so...you want to be rewarded for the effort of other players since you weren't there to assist in whatever it is you were waiting for? Otherwise you could just log back in with zero issue, so i assume you just want get rewarded for being present when gigantix spawns. How you were conveniently close enough to be counted in the combat situation when it spawns is something to ponder.

You are aware there is a difference between trolling reward camping or whatever you want to call it and needing to take off suddenly people do not plan this ( and I'm not going to log in and out every single time just because someone called me or I need a step away from the keyboard momentarily )

maybe my neighbour got a delivery he's not home so I need to collect it ( it may be quite big come in multiple parts )

Maybe to use the bathroom some people may take a long time ( and I'm not going to wear diapers to avoid a theoretical kick )

Maybe some people have young children and they need to deal with them maybe they've got them in the room but they need change or feeding or whatever

Maybe you need to let your pet's out

Maybe your batteries died

And so many other possibilities

Are you telling me every single instance you step away you log off

@Drakaina If you need to leave and you come back in time, you won't get logged out and you can continue. If it takes too long, you get logged out. Whatever excuse you have is irrelevant. If you've yet to realize it, one of the biggest reasons in MMOs that cause QoL to decrease is scum of the earth exploiting everything they can for their personal benefit. I support throwing everything possible at their prick faces to make them go away.