CHEATING PLAYER FOUND ON BASE PSO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVmSlcpyw

So this is what is going on NGS. Thanks for clearly showing it in video.

yes it's very sad

Yeah hacks have been used since early PSO2 launch and also get used in NGS. Teleport hacks and damage hacks are basically how some of these players get top times in time attack. Also some form of teleport/no gravity in NGS which goldsellers probably use to accelerate box farming.

I mean lets also not forget how bad it was when pvp first got released. There were people cheating like crazy in it.

This is what happens when you use a client sided netcode that is also the reason this game feels remotely responsive for EU players.

@Yui2387 Kind of a trade off to be honest. On one hand, it allows for more responsive gameplay; on the other hand, it is easier to mess with.

@Zenny said in CHEATING PLAYER FOUND ON BASE PSO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVmSlcpyw:

Yeah hacks have been used since early PSO2 launch and also get used in NGS. Teleport hacks and damage hacks are basically how some of these players get top times in time attack. Also some form of teleport/no gravity in NGS which goldsellers probably use to accelerate box farming.

I mean lets also not forget how bad it was when pvp first got released. There were people cheating like crazy in it.

Also happens for challenge mode.

Sega bans no one.

Yea... The pro of the way they handle data is lag cant get you killed in this game and actions you do eventually register after any server lag subsides, helping it from becoming completely gamebreaking. The con is that its easier to cheat your location and attacks against enemies. Its possible to do it where that stuff isn't client side in a number of games, but particularly easier for the cheater when it is. Gameguard is supposed to prevent such things.... but yea its pretty useless huh? Anti-cheat software is eventually thwarted.

@AngryRhombus563 said in CHEATING PLAYER FOUND ON BASE PSO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVmSlcpyw:

Yea... The pro of the way they handle data is lag cant get you killed in this game and actions you do eventually register after any server lag subsides, helping it from becoming completely gamebreaking. The con is that its easier to cheat your location and attacks against enemies. Its possible to do it where that stuff isn't client side in a number of games, but particularly easier for the cheater when it is. Gameguard is supposed to prevent such things.... but yea its pretty useless huh? Anti-cheat software is eventually thwarted.

The only reason I have played PSO2 for a decade is that it's the only action online game in the market and latency doesn't even affect the gameplay experience.

This probably goes without saying, but a hackware has been shared on YouTube with similar cheats.

There are probably more videos out there somewhere.

So please report whatever streaming website you find to SEGA through the ticket system.

Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully the staff take notice.

Took a screencap. Will have to find the option to slow it down.

Seems to me like this is one of those instant damage sort of things where it'll input similarly to a bot script.

But that's only an observation. Screenshot_172.jpg Screenshot_173.jpg Screenshot_175.jpg

From the Reddit Thread:

Screenshot_174.jpg

@El-Zenchi said in [CHEATING PLAYER FOUND ON BASE PSO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVmSlcpyw]

Sega bans no one.

Except you. They gave you a warning temp ban.

@AngryRhombus563 said in CHEATING PLAYER FOUND ON BASE PSO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVmSlcpyw:

I've noticed that the latency freezes the mob on my end and that of other players.

I don't know if it's client or server side based on the fact that a few users can move while others are frozen themselves.

There shouldn't be the same sort of latency in base PSO2, so I'm willing to rule out the lag aspect.

Shiva not only banters in the footage, but actively outputs her motions.

If this were NGS lag, there wouldn't have been any Shiva banter.

Oh, and Gameguard has been inferior for nearly a decade.

@MasterDarkwingz If you are fortunate enough to be the "owner" of the room session, the mob keeps moving for you through the lag burst so you can continue to fight normally. Damage for hits against you or against the mob will eventually register.

where everything stops for all others its pretty much considered free damage. Since the mob isnt attacking you, you cant take damage. only hits against you on your client will be registered when it all subsides.

Isnt this just bouncers soaring blades animation cancel build? honestly, to me it looks like that, plus the video starts half way through C with time already gone, if they are cheating honestly id cheat with higher numbers, but that attack speed and move ment looks like the old soaring blades animation cancel.

@Kupo-0 said in CHEATING PLAYER FOUND ON BASE PSO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVmSlcpyw:

Isnt this just bouncers soaring blades animation cancel build? honestly, to me it looks like that, plus the video starts half way through C with time already gone, if they are cheating honestly id cheat with higher numbers, but that attack speed and move ment looks like the old soaring blades animation cancel.

No, it is not.

Lol there's someone cheating in NGS too. This always happen though when people aren't happy with their online PS games for a certain period of time. "SEGA wont do right? Let's hack the game."

Still...nothing can top the cheating that occurred in PSO1.

@Miranda said in CHEATING PLAYER FOUND ON BASE PSO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDVmSlcpyw:

This always happen though when people aren't happy with their online PS games for a certain period of time.

If I recall a certain infamous cheater from PSO was pulling several wild stunts in Universe on day one - including making other players say whatever they wanted and straight up capping meseta - claiming it to be a response to Sega boasting prior to release that it'd be impossible to cheat (before using potentially the same implementation of GameGuard as Blue Burst).

We seem to have avoided cheats that directly edit meseta at least, but it sounds like there's room for improvement on detecting impossible movement or damage output. It sounds like the server is accepting all packets that describe location or attacks hitting; it should probably scrutinise these a bit more and either cancel obviously excess hits or simply disconnect the user outright if they are severely excessive or impossible long-distance movement.

The alternative would be to go back to the Universe method of server-side hit detection, and that would make the game unplayable in most of the world. Imagine base PSO2 PVP for the PVE as well... yikes. I'm confident that would kill PSO2 Global outright.