Market Items Maximum Lock Pricing

Hey Sega,

Why do we have a hard cap in minimum price for certain items?

To combat unnecessary scalping shouldn't the hard cap be placed on the maximum price instead?

Both here and in base PSO2, people are manipulating the market by buying up stock and jacking up the prices unnaturally.

Making it hard for overall players to buy the things they want.

Although this sounds nice in theory it wouldn't be that good because some items are really rare so they should sell for higher the scythe camo weapon from face of the Abyss for example the ultra hard version it's so hard to obtain because you need people with the skill and has such a low drop right that people are willing to pay massive amounts of money for because it's so rare if there was maximum everybody would just sell every item at maximum price

The min price was implemented to force players to spend more meseta overall and be more likely to have to buy scratch tickets to get what they want or grind more meseta and boost engagement metrics. Oh, also to combat players attempting to trade via market by putting said item up for 1k meseta, because we can't have any altruism in this game.

@IAMCRAIG whats altruism

@IAMCRAIG he didn't say minimum price he said maximum

@Maya1994 said in Market Items Maximum Lock Pricing:

Hey Sega,

To combat unnecessary scalping shouldn't the hard cap be placed on the maximum price instead?

Both here and in base PSO2, people are manipulating the market by buying up stock and jacking up the prices unnaturally.

Making it hard for overall players to buy the things they want.

I think it's to make meseta harder to come by and drive more play time/grind. That being said it's a terrible system to have minimum and not maximum prices. Inflation is already out of hand as everyone figured it would be especially since the meseta exploit still hasn't been fixed. Also OP your question isn't really an in-game suggestion, although I can guess what it would be it'd be nice to see the suggestion too 🙂

Yeah but remember this game is going to have a long lifespan and it's really gonna annoy people if they're really rare items cannot be sold for or the equivalent worth

Like all the stuff from 4 man face of the Abyss

Meant to be the most hardest endgame thing to do ( which you can sell the rewards from )

The bad thing about having a maximum price everybody would just sell their stuff for the maximum price if it's too low

Some items get locked away for a time like the dragon horns wings and tail at first they were only Sonning for around 10 million each and then 50 million then a few months down the line when the ticket was taken away and the marketplace started to dwindle with those items they went up to 500 million because they were a desired item

@Drakaina said in Market Items Maximum Lock Pricing:

Yeah but remember this game is going to have a long lifespan and it's really gonna annoy people if they're really rare items cannot be sold for or the equivalent worth

It's not going to annoy people that they can't afford things because the prices are insanely high? Pfft...

The bad thing about having a maximum price everybody would just sell their stuff for the maximum price if it's too low

If it's still lower than what people put stuff up for now, it's still better. Well, better for the buyer. Of course the exclusive control the premium players have on the market means that all the sellers now will have more meseta than they could ever spend and the late comers are...a little less fortunate, but it's not like there's competition anyway. Even selling things for a few hundred thousands would give anyone a massive leg up on those that can't sell anything.

Some items get locked away for a time like the dragon horns wings and tail at first they were only Sonning for around 10 million each and then 50 million then a few months down the line when the ticket was taken away and the marketplace started to dwindle with those items they went up to 500 million because they were a desired item

More like all the lower priced ones got sold and so the only ones left were the ludicrously over priced ones that were there from day one just waiting for the ticket to get taken away so they have are the ones with the supply.

Do those people ever succeed in selling anything? I don't know.

@Maya1994 said in Market Items Maximum Lock Pricing:

The topic should have ended with this question. There are several "Featured" items on the market that just do not sell because there are dozens of them sitting at 500k that nobody wants to buy at that price. The minimum cap is preventing natural market forces from taking effect.

A maximum cap would have a similar inverse effect; instead of nobody wanting to buy items that are worth less than they can be sold for, nobody would want to sell items that would be worth more than they could be sold for. You'd end up with players trying to work around the cap e.g. by demanding someone buys a 500k Monotite before they list the price-capped item at the cap.

I don't know its name but that's safe camo you get from ultimate face of the Abyss 4 man version 1 death allowed

That is the be all end all content I do know there are the depths with masquerada and face but you can't sell those items

Having 4 people with the gear and the skill to do face of the Abyss is a tedious task and a drop way is really low as well even with the boosters

It's such a rare and hard to obtain items so of course he's going to have a high price

It be like saying oh why can't I get this Lamborghini for the same price other average car

@Miraglyth said in Market Items Maximum Lock Pricing:

A maximum cap would have a similar inverse effect; instead of nobody wanting to buy items that are worth less than they can be sold for, nobody would want to sell items that would be worth more than they could be sold for. You'd end up with players trying to work around the cap e.g. by demanding someone buys a 500k Monotite before they list the price-capped item at the cap.

Then people tell them to stuff it and it's a problem that solves itself or sega needs to crackdown harder on the scum of the earth that these people are. Regardless, humans aren't going to stop acting like human unless they are made to act more civilized by an authority figure.

I said before NGS released that there should be a limit on it and i still think it's should exist. I mean, it can't get much worse than it already is if sega works on it, right? Problem being segas total indifference.

@Yggranya said in Market Items Maximum Lock Pricing:

@Miraglyth said in Market Items Maximum Lock Pricing:

A maximum cap would have a similar inverse effect; instead of nobody wanting to buy items that are worth less than they can be sold for, nobody would want to sell items that would be worth more than they could be sold for.

Then people tell them to stuff it and it's a problem that solves itself or sega needs to crackdown harder on the scum of the earth that these people are.

Honestly, what the heck are you talking about here? If an item is worth 2 million and there's an artificial maximum price cap of 1 million, scalpers have nothing to do with the item being worth more than it can be sold for. A very limited number would appear on the market and because demand would be higher than supply (market forces in effect) they would sell instantly. Buying the item from the market would become a contest of who is stalking the market most often and responding fastest rather than who can offer the most money.

If scalpers and money farmers were such a huge issue, several items wouldn't be sitting unsold at 500k already because those scum would be able to buy them up. But nobody is. The market forces are demonstrably being inhibited by the minimum cap and a maximum cap would cause another version of the same problem we're already seeing.

If you want to prevent scalping, take action against scalping, not market forces. Make items bought from the market unsellable or something. You don't need to screw with buyers and sellers (including the whales that largely fund the game).

I recently came to this same conclusion. Some have admittedly been purposefully ruining the market through their buying and reselling of items people try to make reasonably available to people who dont scratch. Just when this Sunshine Marine scratch came, some of the new idles were put up for already somewhat more reasonable prices (tho still higher than I would sell for), but then they disappeared and then all of them were 10,000,000 meseta.

Items should only be able to be priced at reasonable prices a F2P player could logically have without it being their entire life savings since the launch of NGS. I don't think anything should be allowed to exceed 2,000,000 meseta sale price. Put that cap on it now, then as the game matures increase the cap little by little.

A measure to limit scalping could just be if you buy it, its account-bound / unsellable? If you do want to resell it, you'd need an ownership cancellation pass and pay meseta to unlock it, quite literally like the exact system used in base PSO2 regarding 13*/14* Weapons, just applied to AC Scratch items. If a hypothetical unlock cost was 500k, then the vast majority of items cannot be easily bought and resold for a quick profit (for the most part).

Obviously this doesn't prevent the situation you listed with Idle poses, but it at least puts inertia on things like eyelashes, body paint and make-ups so that they won't reach absurd prices.

@Benjamin Sega did do that in PSO2, but OFC they also had items to remove the owner binding so I don't think it will do much in the end. I don't think they did it with AC items, tho. They would probably find a way to monitize that...