Game is now overrun with hackers and bots

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2NGS/comments/ov5qyg/apparently_there_are_now_cheaters_who_can/?sort=new This is what you see happen when a game is very close to being shut down - hackers running rampant.

Well, it is what happens when alot of the game is client side. Nothing new, seen people teleport around in base PSO2, rangers with launchers zooming all over the map and nuking whatever pops.

Blade and Soul sure lasted a long ass time with hackers running rampant right from the beginning.

@HarmlessSyan said in Game is now overrun with hackers and bots:

Well, it is what happens when alot of the game is client side. Nothing new, seen people teleport around in base PSO2, rangers with launchers zooming all over the map and nuking whatever pops.

Blade and Soul sure lasted a long ass time with hackers running rampant right from the beginning.

In PSO2 it didn't effect anyone because it was a lobby game. Now it effects you because they fell for the open world meme.

@Shiyo It's kind of hard to make out due to the size of the video, but it looks more like the server lagging, making it look like they're teleporting? Does this person actually see the alleged cheater poof into existence and do stuff or are they just watching their marker hop around?

@HarmlessSyan Even in games that don't have a lot of things client side, people are able to change their characters positions with hacks. Even the big players WoW and FFXIV have had their teleporters.

@IAMCRAIG No one is actually strong enough to clear a West Aelio boss trial in less than 5 seconds xD, and there be no one at the murder scene. Not even a central.

I’m pretty sure this is lag. When I play I regularly have “spikes” where the world around me freezes but I can still move and attack like nothing’s wrong. It’s usually a minute or two but once it lasted like 5 minutes without me disconnecting. All of the damage I do comes out at the end, and I almost never take any damage either. So it probably looks exactly like what the person saw in this video. There’s no way to tell unless I have a friend follow me around for a while to see what happens but nobody plays this game anymore

It should be caused by lag though.

During extreme lag period, I've seen a dead body firing that laser beam for 30 sec before actually being dead.

If that guy were cheating, why would he be dead in the first place?

Because client sided games are known to be free of hackers. LOLOLOL They didn't learn anything from previous games, but whatever it's not like this is a death flag since the game is pretty much dead anyways.

@Shiyo said in Game is now overrun with hackers and bots:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2NGS/comments/ov5qyg/apparently_there_are_now_cheaters_who_can/?sort=new This is what you see happen when a game is very close to being shut down - hackers running rampant.

This has been going on for awhile now i have been seeing this since the start of ng just watching the map , some use alt accounts to teleport near vet spawns then teleport to that character to get to the vet kill quicker. some do not even appear on the list of nearby characters or the map, or teleport away when you get to close.

Well r.i.p ngs hope it's combat system be used in a new mmo