Who is working in this game?

Well, today it has been a ride between the new bots, cheating and Twitter rep asking us how we are doing outside while on the vaccination of pandemic summer. I thought this couldn't be lower but someone just shared this through the official discord:

https://pso2.jp/players/recruit/?bg=s_26481&ft=s_27961

Parse it through Google Translate and you get this:

ngsjobs.jpg

There's also "Debugger" positions in the part-time job tab.

"Debugging work

1. Game software check (debugging) business
2. Website check (debugging) work

You will be in charge of various debugging tasks for the "PSO2" series. (Actually playing the game to check for bugs and create a checklist)"

This one, I get it but... but what is it with the other ones?! How many people are actually working in this game now? Who is in charge of those things? What is going on in the development of this game?

I am in a panic cause I thought they were just holding onto content but... is this game just stuck in dev hell? Wasn't this game already being worked on three to five years ago? Is there anything after December anymore?!

Oh yikes, they're doing worse than I thought.

They're either on dev hell

OR

They're trying to develop more stuff faster to make the players happy and need more man power.

It's really just the same recruitment page they had since they announced NGS last year

@HarmlessSyan said in Who is working in this game?:

It's really just the same recruitment page they had since they announced NGS last year

They should rename this from general discussion to doomposting general then

Why wouldn't they update their recruitment page, specially for Leadership jobs?

@Aumires said in Who is working in this game?:

Why wouldn't they update their recruitment page, specially for Leadership jobs?

That's not the top leadership spot you're seeing there if that's what you think.

Not 100% sure whether they updated the page or not, but it sure look about the same

Mentioned all the way back in August 2020, seeing these recruitment banners in PSO2 loading screen - so hard to make quote/link to locked threads.

@HarmlessSyan said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

Yea I remember they always have the recruitment ads in game, right now we are getting the NGS hiring banner alot during loading screens.

It was blatantly obvious they did not have a dedicated dev team. It's nice to see they're trying to get one now but uh....the games been out already for 2 months? You need a dev team BEFORE you release the game, a new hired team will take MONTHS of training to get used to the games code and then more months to start adding stuff. Global won't survive that long.

With the rumors that were spreading about the game and its development time, when rumors get started, that does tend to indicate that there are some issues behind closed doors. The idea of the game being stuck in some sort of development hell does seem much more plausible now.

Or

If they ARE trying to speed up development, then that could mean they are listening to the community after all. Regardless, if there wasn't an issue, then they wouldn't be taking steps to try and address it, and hiring additional people does tend to indicate that there is a problem that needs more hands to resolve.

@Shiyo said in Who is working in this game?:

It was blatantly obvious they did not have a dedicated dev team. It's nice to see they're trying to get one now but uh....the games been out already for 2 months? You need a dev team BEFORE you release the game, a new hired team will take MONTHS of training to get used to the games code and then more months to start adding stuff. Global won't survive that long.

It does come across as putting the cart before the horse type of scenario, doesn't it?

Doomposting again huh?

If your asking about doomposting, Why then - are you participating?

@Sakesubaki Because they're trolling, obviously, much like Raingnyu and others.

There are some misleading points, so adding some additional info.

(1) All the recruitments are linked to the formal SEGA recruiting site (https://www.sega.co.jp/recruit/). So I guess all of the job offers are active and up to date.

(2) The detailed job offers are numbered, if we assume that the numbers corresponds to the positions available, we can guess that they are recruiting two character modelers, and one for each roles.

@HarmlessSyan said in Who is working in this game?:

Not 100% sure whether they updated the page or not, but it sure look about the same

I agree with you that these look as the same as the last year, still I haven't checked up the details so not sure if these are identical. The current recruitments are numbered from 7 to 14, so maybe these are wave two of their recruitments.

(3) The total size of the PSO2 team is pretty big. At the point of Episode 3, it was over 200 (https://www.famitsu.com/career/guide/companyvisit/1158).

It seems that the team is not only made from employees of SEGA, but also includes staffs from other companies. Another old article, but this is about a company sending 7 staffs to the team at the point of Episode 5 (https://www.e-xtreme.co.jp/solution/sega/)

(4) There are a lot of "in charge of" phrases used in the translation of OP. As English is a second language to me, I'm not sure about the exact nuance, but if this phrase implies that the person will be responsible for all about that area in PSO2 team, then the translation is quite misleading. For example, if the translation "You will be in charge of server program development work for the 'Phantasy Star' series" can mean SEGA is recruiting for someone taking the lead of the server development of PSO2, that's almost a mistranslation. They are just recruiting a staff working for server development.

From these points, I personally don't think these recruitments are of a critical importance to the development of PSO2. If all these jobs are filled, that would certainly speed up the development, but I wonder if that improvement is something we can feel.

They could potentially be planning an announcement where they address the current ingame issues and (hopefully) issue an apology for mishandling things, which would buy them some time depending on how they tackle the game's issues. I'm not going to hold my breath for much more than a "WUH OH WE MADE A FUCKY-WUCKY, we have forwarded your messages to the dev team" edit: Though it's good they're at least trying to get more manpower, though like everyone else has said, it's too little too late short of something on the same scale as A Realm Reborn.

Also at this point we should just be blocking/reporting el zenchi since they add nothing to the conversation, instead of giving them the time of day.