If Sega delay’s Braver to add more content what would be your response?

What would be your response?

Why not? To have more content alongside the braver!? Are you kidding? It's no brainer.!

@Sakesubaki said in If Sega delay’s Braver to add more content what would be your response?:

Why not? To have more content alongside the braver!? Are you kidding? It's no brainer.!

Remember you said that......

Let the thread topic get some traction. We just getting started on this one.

"Give us something like FFXIV's Live Letters so we feel a proper level of communication with the developers. Communication is key and helps keeps your playerbase more confident in the game as you work on things. Just saying that more content is coming doesn't instill too much confidence in the game after what has been shown so far. You are going to need to be transparent and be willing to communicate with the playerbase if you want any sort of patience from them. Also, how much content and how long of a delay? Again, you have to be transparent at this point."

There's my response.

Oh, by all means. However- My personal view may not be the same mentallity that others may have. So, If your looking for some outlandish repsonses, Get ready.

@Sakesubaki said in If Sega delay’s Braver to add more content what would be your response?:

Oh, by all means. However- My personal view may not be the same mentallity that others may have. So, If your looking for some outlandish repsonses, Get ready.

They pacing back and forth trying to decide if they should engage.......I going let them do all the talking. I am just going to sit back and listen the whole thread. They have full control.

By all means just do it.

A new class wont keep people entertaint anyway because it is still the same content. Sure people will be dissapointed because they are hyped for Braver but when you tell them that Braver gets delayed for more content no one will complain in the end.

However if they just add like 2 more story quests then give us the Braver instead. Leveling him up takes longer then 20 minutes.

All you did was ask people if they wanted cake and they get the ice cream a little later. What sort of crazy responses are you expecting?

I rather have braver first, I want to play that class and I doubt I'll be done with it in less than 300 hours.

Depends what the content is. We need a more engaging gameplay loop, plain and simple. If they add a gameplay loop that gives 5-10 hours of varied gameplay and an element of progression per week, then that'd absolutely be more compelling than the release of a seventh class whose 20 SP we have already earned and where the only progression we can do is getting more EXP when some of us (knowing there are still 4-5 months before the level cap raises) haven't got the existing six to 20 anyway.

Edit:

@Furious-0 said in If Sega delay’s Braver to add more content what would be your response?:

All you did was ask people if they wanted cake and they get the ice cream a little later. What sort of crazy responses are you expecting?

lol, that's a great way to put it. A fair comparison would be to get Braver now and the alluded "more content" later. Right now the comparison is more content + delayed Braver vs on-time Braver and nothing. Bit of a non-question really.

Braver is already finished, the resources (time, money, etc.) have been spent. All that's left is for their QA team to frantically find everything that would cause the game to fall apart at the seams so it can be fixed during emergency maintenance.

What needs to happen is Sega starts reworking their content pipeline and actually reinvesting some of the money they made in hiring some more bodies to help actually put some substance into this game. The downside is that this would take time (and actually allocating enough resources to make it happen, rather than trying to solely shovel as much money into their shareholders and executives as possible) and would require Sega to formally apologize and be transparent about what is going on. Essentially what others have said about them needing to do what Square did with FF14.

There's no way around it at this point, so it's up to Sega whether they will stubbornly keep going the same route and burn any remaining good will while likely killing the game outright, or accept financial losses and bringing in less money in the short term. The long term having potential to earn more money than they did before, since people tend to be happier to spend money knowing a corporation isn't trying to gouge them for every penny they own.

I know this is meant to drum up dramatic responses but my response is "I don't care". I would rather have what I consider a finished game than additional classes(not that Braver is bad or anything, it just wasn't part of the launch line up). I just expect communication, if there's a delay then I want a date, or at least a rough time line.

To be honest i dont even believe that Braver will be that good and people high likely wont like it. It may be different for Bow Braver but all the people that believe full Katana is the way will be hit hard by reality.

Why do i believe Katana Braver will be mediocre ? The mechanics. NGS Braver has been strongly limited in the way he deals damage and i dont really like that decision myself. You need to use the same attack 3 time in a row for the maximum damage and that seems like a really bad mechanic to me. And something tells me people wont like it. I believe most people in the end will go for Bow Braver.

@Gilver-Redgrave There's a skill on the tree you can see in the preview that's likely going to allow you to string different PAs together instead of spamming the same one.

@AiC-L

I hope so. Because otherwise Braver (Katana) is the most limited class Sega released so far.