Making NGS be like other successful MMOs

Considering everyone seems unhappy with NGS' market design and game design, I made this thread to make some changes to it taking in consideration other famous MMOs.

For this, I'm using FFXIV, WoW, Black Desert and Genshin Impact.

So let's start with:

1. FFXIV - NGS is now pay to play, 12 dollars a month for a single character and access to nothing, or 15 dollars a month to play like a premium does right now. Now going to Salon and changing body tipes costs $10 per change.

2. World of Warcraft - People now decides what BP you need for content (Which is way higher than what you really need) PLUS! We now sell gear that drops in said content for money. So if you want to play, you better make your own group or pay for that gear so you're allowed to join!

3. Black Desert - This is going to be long.

A. You can no longer unlimited photon dash, double jump, or glide. Everyone has a stamina bar that lasts 2 minutes and takes 60 minutes to recharge. You can recharge this by paying $5 or you can buy the monthly pack which allows unlimited use for $45.

B. You can no longer access storages from anywhere. The storage tent to access it anywhere costs just $60 a month. C. Weight has been added to items, when you're overweight (Half your inventory occupied) you will walk instead of running, can't photon dash, can't double jump, can't glide and can't use the dodge key. Just get a $60 tent!

D. Gear upgrade rate is now below 5% success. Please buy our gear upgrade boosters and protection from our shop!

E. Monster defense formula has been reworked, a single damage number stat makes over 100% difference so better get upgrading your gear!

F. Costumes are no longer gacha, you buy them straight from the shop and now they provide stat boosts! The price for a single piece is weeks of farming for a F2P. They range from $30 to $100 on the shop.

G. Ryuker teleporting now has a 12 hour cooldown and can only be used to go back to central city. Other Ryukers require a special pass which costs just $45 a month.

H. Since now we drop stuff in our inventory on death, please but the unbreakable inventory for $50. Single purchase! (Only works for 10 slots, can buy up to 10).

Well that looks terrible, but most MMOs have always been around those lines in market design so anyone who has been playing online games for the last two decades can know that sort of design EXISTS and is actually accurate for BDO.

Here comes my favorite part, the super famous super successful online game!

1. Genshin Impact -

A. Classes now have restricted access to their skill tree. Unlock skill trees using the gacha roulette (0.6% of getting a skill, 5.1% of getting a Tzvia weapon).

-Hunter: Hunter Arts tree is now 0.6% gacha per skill which includes and follows it. Sword Guard Counter and Wired Anchor Advanced/Parry are also gacha. Get rolling!

-Fighter: Acceleration Drive, Spin counter, Knuckle Sway Counter/plus, Deadly Archer are now all in the 0.6% gacha.

-Ranger: Blight rounds and Blight round reinforce is now in the 0.6% gacha. You get one level per pull so you need 5 pulls to max it.

-Gunner: All Chain Trigger skills are a 0.6% gacha.

-Force: Barta/Zonde blotclad, Elemental Bullet, React Advanced, Slow landing-force are now 0.6% gacha.

-Techter: The whole Shifta/Deband tree is now 0.6% gacha.

B. The strongest weapons in the game are now in a 0.6% gacha.

C. Killing Gigantix, Veterans, or running Urgent Quests consume the new Energy mechanic. You can kill 4 Gigantix/Veterans a day or run 2 Urgent Quests. After you run out of energy they no longer give exp nor drops. You can wait for it to naturally regen, in 18 hours you get 2 extra Gigantix and 1 Urgent Quest. Or you can pay $10 to regen it all.

D. Upgrading materials are now very scarce, you can barely +40 pot 3 an item once a month. Or you can buy the upgrade items from the cash shop.

E. All your attacks are now diminished in modifiers, you have to manually upgrade them back with drops from Gigantix/Vets/UQs.

Phew, that was quite a ride. If you guys like this I'll send it in a suggestion ticket but personally I like how in PSO2 we only pay for costumes/emotes which give no advantages in the game.

This post is deleted!

This is such a silly thread. You're way off the mark with BDO.

@Zenny said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

This is such a silly thread. You're way off the mark with BDO.

I'm not. Premium weight, premium storage, premium house maids, premium horses, etc.

Oh,

https://amp.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/ba9497/p2w_tent_worth/

And the tent of course!

Stop feeding the troll please.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

Stop feeding the troll please.

It's constructive criticism / player complaint.

Someone you supported did the same but you didn't label them a troll because you liked what they said, and you don't like how I'm making all your whining seem ridiculous.

I know what you are trying to do, but you got some horrible way in conveying your point.

and now for my joke - at least it's free to change my hair color in FFXIV

The way you laid everything out here makes it seem way worse than it actually is. Yes they sell a lot of crap that really shouldn't be in the cash shop but most of it isn't needed to be very successful in the game. I know because I play and have full pen. I go back every now and then with some of the bigger updates.

The weight can be considered p2w depending on what you do. Maids are kinda irrelevant unless you're starting out today. I have 10+ maids, 2 of which I bought at discounted rates. The rest were handed out by PA themselves. I have t4 pets, hedghog etc which was all free.

Premium horse? wat? Doesn't exist unless you're talking about skill re-rolls which good god why the hell would you bother.

Tent is def p2w and it's probably the only main thing besides the value pack that you actually "need". You can get a free tent but it isn't as good. A lot of people survive without the value pack by simply farming for ages and then buying the 1 day value pack with loyalty (which you get for free) and shoving all their stuff on the market with the 1 day they have for lower tax.

Costumes get handed out for free every now and then. You don't need the ones from the pearl shop but if you want one you can get one through pre order. If you're early game don't expect to earn as much as someone who has played longer. I can make 200+ mill per hour easily and a costume set is 300m. That doesn't take a week of grind at all. Even someone without my gear can earn that in less than a week. Casuals can and do earn 1bill a week easily. You can do this without grinding any monsters. Can just life skill if you want.

With that in mind you can practically forgo the whole rng enhant system and buy the gear you need over time. I have for the most part.

The way you laid everything out here makes it seem way worse than it actually is. Yes they sell a lot of crap that really shouldn't be in the cash shop but most of it isn't needed to be very successful in the game. I know because I play and have full pen. I go back every now and then with some of the bigger updates.

The weight can be considered p2w depending on what you do. Maids are kinda irrelevant unless you're starting out today. I have 10+ maids, 2 of which I bought at discounted rates. The rest were handed out by PA themselves. I have t4 pets, hedghog etc which was all free.

Premium horse? wat? Doesn't exist unless you're talking about skill re-rolls which good god why the hell would you bother.

Tent is def p2w and it's probably the only main thing besides the value pack that you actually "need". You can get a free tent but it isn't as good. A lot of people survive without the value pack by simply farming for ages and then buying the 1 day value pack with loyalty (which you get for free) and shoving all their stuff on the market with the 1 day they have for lower tax.

Costumes get handed out for free every now and then. You don't need the ones from the pearl shop but if you want one you can get one through pre order. If you're early game don't expect to earn as much as someone who has played longer. I can make 200+ mill per hour easily and a costume set is 300m. That doesn't take a week of grind at all. Even someone without my gear can earn that in less than a week. Casuals can and do earn 1bill a week easily. You can do this without grinding any monsters. Can just life skill if you want.

With that in mind you can practically forgo the whole rng enhant system and buy the gear you need over time. I have for the most part.

I don't understand, first you try to dissuade what I said but then you confirm it?

You made this thread as an attempt to make it seem like NGS isn't so bad when compared to the way things are in other MMOs when practically every other MMO out there is in fact better than the way NGS is currently. Even BDO for that matter despite having monetized just about everything in that game. At least I can access the shop for free in that game lmfao! Can't speak for Genshin.

Every criticism on the forums for the past months has been valid. The lag, the terrible predatory monetization, the lack of content. List goes on. Sega needs to continually be called out for this crap especially with their dwindling playerbase.

You made this thread as an attempt to make it seem like NGS isn't so bad when compared to the way things are in other MMOs when practically every other MMO out there is in fact better than the way NGS is currently. Even BDO for that matter despite having monetized just about everything in that game. At least I can access the shop for free in that game lmfao! Can't speak for Genshin.

Every criticism on the forums for the past months has been valid. The lag, the terrible predatory monetization, the lack of content. List goes on. Sega needs to continually be called out for this crap especially with their dwindling playerbase.

Then copy paste my text and suggest the black desert portion to the devs if you think it's less predatory than what we have.

It is less predatory in a way even though it's still scummy. Unlike PSO2 there isn't really fomo. There also isn't in demand emotes/mtn locked behind a 90 dollar paywall. I can buy my outfit from the marketplace just by playing the game. I am not forced to pay 7 dollars to access a basic MMO function such as market selling.

In bdo I legit don't need to pay a cent to play the full game and have access to everything. Sure the tent and some maids would be nice but you can play well without them and PA does hand out a lot of crap for free from maids to value packs, pets etc.

The difference is in BDO you're not screwed as a f2p player. In PSO2 NGS you are fked if you are a f2p player. Hf getting all the cosmetics you want unless you play male. Even if you play male some of the accessories and emotes are stupidly expensive. The only MMO that's probably worse or on par with NGS is Genshin.

It is less predatory in a way even though it's still scummy. Unlike PSO2 there isn't really fomo. There also isn't in demand emotes/mtn locked behind a 90 dollar paywall. I can buy my outfit from the marketplace just by playing the game. I am not forced to pay 7 dollars to access a basic MMO function such as market selling.

In bdo I legit don't need to pay a cent to play the full game and have access to everything. Sure the tent and some maids would be nice but you can play well without them and PA does hand out a lot of crap for free from maids to value packs, pets etc.

The difference is in BDO you're not screwed as a f2p player. In PSO2 NGS you are fked if you are a f2p player. Hf getting all the cosmetics you want unless you play male. Even if you play male some of the accessories and emotes are stupidly expensive. The only MMO that's probably worse or on par with NGS is Genshin.

Lmao what it's the complete opposite, in BDO you're cucked of everything if you don't pay. In NGS you just miss a few statless fashion. The mental gymnastics are amazing.

Okay tell me what you are cucked out of? Do you even play the game or did you just search up some "BDO is super duper p2w" video on youtube for your data collection? I go back to play from time to time and I'm telling you right now you don't need any of that shit to play and get what you want.

You'll progress slower sure but you aren't cucked out of access to anything content wise. In PSO2 NGS you are cucked out of the market place if you do not pay. In turn you earn significantly less than a shop holder. You are also cucked out of have any hopes of getting those 90 dollar paywall emotes/mtn. They can't be sold so you better open that wallet and pay up. There is also huge amounts of fomo.

Okay tell me what you are cucked out of? Do you even play the game or did you just search up some "BDO is super duper p2w" video on youtube for your data collection? I go back to play from time to time and I'm telling you right now you don't need any of that shit to play and get what you want.

You'll progress slower sure but you aren't cucked out of access to anything content wise. In PSO2 NGS you are cucked out of the market place if you do not pay. In turn you earn significantly less than a shop holder. You are also cucked out of have any hopes of getting those 90 dollar paywall emotes/mtn. They can't be sold so you better open that wallet and pay up. There is also huge amounts of fomo.

I quitted back before the desert update because I was tired of seeing everything hindering my progress and asking money for it not to be a burden.