Making NGS be like other successful MMOs

@XenoBladeX37645 Yes, well I guess that's one of the very few that really depends on the person and what they like.

I should have put "almost every criticism".

@Archetype-Luna said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

@El-Zenchi said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

@Sakesubaki said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

@Milk said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

Oh no, another cute game I need! What have you done! 😧

You think that one is Cute.? Wait till you see BlueProtocol. VIDEO ; https://youtu.be/xtzsuQgSPsU And yes. - they Confirmed on twitter that there is going to be a Global release. It looks soo good, Its more than likely this game will rock the entire MMORPG Landscape.

That game seems to have the gameplay be netcode bound so it's most likely going to be horrible to play for anyone who has over 30ms ping

And your source for that?

Watch the gameplay videos, it behaves just as TERA or BDO.

Then having over 30 ms ping isn't horrible to play because I played both of those with over 30 ms ping and I was able to tightly dodge attacks.

@Nasty8oY said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

@Gilver-Redgrave The first update genshin had two month after release didnt change the game much and the end game content was still a 5 minutes of gameplay by day unless you was able to pay like a whale .

Genshin also had more content at launch, with the full Monstandt story and a large portion of Liyue's, not to mention it had two large regions with plenty of side content. Sure the loop if you did every non repeating content was short, but there were 50+ hours of non repeating content.

Easy to create so much content when you force people to spend thousands of dollars to unlock core gameplay features and you develop your game in a country in which human rights doesn't exist.

Easy to create so much content when you force people to spend thousands of dollars to unlock core gameplay features and you develop your game in a country in which human rights doesn't exist.

Constellations aren't core gameplay features. Also, these were things that existed in the game at launch. Genshin had more content during its closed beta than NGS had at launch as you had the entire Monstandt story and could explore both Monstandt and Liyue. So this was before Genshin got that mad gacha money. Furthermore, I am pretty sure Mihoyo is a much smaller company than Sega.

Even with its gacha being the main method of obtaining characters, Genshin has a better free to play experience than NGS. Why? Because it straight up has more content, had more content since its launch, and continues getting more content. It's gacha is probably the worst part of it, but the rest of the game is amazing.

Even without using Genshin's Gacha, you still have an incredible game. There is a reason why Genshin has more players and it isn't because of its gacha.

Constellations aren't core gameplay features. Also, these were things that existed in the game at launch. Genshin had more content during its closed beta than NGS had at launch as you had the entire Monstandt story and could explore both Monstandt and Liyue. So this was before Genshin got that mad gacha money. Furthermore, I am pretty sure Mihoyo is a much smaller company than Sega.

Even with its gacha being the main method of obtaining characters, Genshin has a better free to play experience than NGS. Why? Because it straight up has more content, had more content since its launch, and continues getting more content. It's gacha is probably the worst part of it, but the rest of the game is amazing.

Even without using Genshin's Gacha, you still have an incredible game. There is a reason why Genshin has more players and it isn't because of its gacha.

What you said is equal to saying "NGS skill tree skills aren't core gameplay features".

Also, Genshin was funded by Honkai Impact massive cash from whales.

Nothing you say has any value when you defend the king of whale games.

What you said is equal to saying "NGS skill tree skills aren't core gameplay features".

NGS characters don't hold up later on without the skill tree. Genshin characters however are solid without their constellations, even at end game. So no, what I am saying is not equal to "NGS skill tree skills aren't core gameplay features" because Constellations do not equate to NGS' skill trees because they are not as vital to the character as NGS' skill trees are. Also, you can unlock constellations for the 4* characters overtime without spending money.

And NGS had Sega; it is not like Sega is some small time indie company. It is a venerable company that has a large amount of assets that easily outstrips what Mihoyo makes from Honkai Impact. As popular as Honkai Impact is, it is small compared to the other titles Sega has, especially since Sega also owns Atlus and thus owns IP's like Persona.

Fact is, the f2p players in Genshin have more fun than f2p players in NGS.

Also, it isn't up to you whether or not what I am saying has any value. However, I am pretty sure, at the moment, more people see the value in my words than yours considering the responses, the lack of people supporting you, and the reputation you built for yourself on the forums vs the one I built for myself.

Also, I think I might write out how NGS should be if it wants to be a tiny bit more like FFXIV.

First, there should be a 50+ hour story right from the get go. There should also be something akin to the Live Letter from the Producer that FFXIV has. Oh, also a unified service so Global isn't treated as the unwanted child compared to JP.

It isn't monetary changes that would make NGS like FFXIV, it is game design and service changes.

Genshin has ZERO end game besides spiral abyss which is nowhere near enough end game. 99.99% of that game is piss easy and thus devalues all it's combat systems and progression. It's why it sucks. However! It did release with ~70 hours of content which is as much as a SP RPG instead of NGS' pathetic 5 which is in no way acceptable in any universe or time period.

NGS characters don't hold up later on without the skill tree. Genshin characters however are solid without their constellations, even at end game. So no, what I am saying is not equal to "NGS skill tree skills aren't core gameplay features" because Constellations do not equate to NGS' skill trees because they are not as vital to the character as NGS' skill trees are. Also, you can unlock constellations for the 4* characters overtime without spending money.

And NGS had Sega; it is not like Sega is some small time indie company. It is a venerable company that has a large amount of assets that easily outstrips what Mihoyo makes from Honkai Impact. As popular as Honkai Impact is, it is small compared to the other titles Sega has, especially since Sega also owns Atlus and thus owns IP's like Persona.

Fact is, the f2p players in Genshin have more fun than f2p players in NGS.

Also, it isn't up to you whether or not what I am saying has any value. However, I am pretty sure, at the moment, more people see the value in my words than yours considering the responses, the lack of people supporting you, and the reputation you built for yourself on the forums vs the one I built for myself.

Also, I think I might write out how NGS should be if it wants to be a tiny bit more like FFXIV.

First, there should be a 50+ hour story right from the get go. There should also be something akin to the Live Letter from the Producer that FFXIV has. Oh, also a unified service so Global isn't treated as the unwanted child compared to JP.

It isn't monetary changes that would make NGS like FFXIV, it is game design and service changes.

Now that's a huge massive lie, there are characters like Klee which are incomplete as hell and play like absolute trash without at least half the constellations, the same happens with many characters but the worst I've seen is Klee.

Begone, truly begone. You're attacking a fashion only gacha game and defending perhaps the most predatory game in human history.

Now that's a huge massive lie, there are characters like Klee which are incomplete as hell and play like absolute trash without at least half the constellations, the same happens with many characters but the worst I've seen is Klee.

Begone, truly begone. You're attacking a fashion only gacha game and defending perhaps the most predatory game in human history.

If you need Klee's constellations to be good with her, it just means you are trash with her. The issue is you, not the character. If someone can wipe the floor using the free starter characters but you can't with C0 Klee, then you are just bad at the game. There are people who clear bosses with Amber as their DPS and C6 Amber is definitely a worse DPS than C0 Klee.

Again, fact is, Genshin's f2p players have more fun with their game than NGS' f2p players do with theirs.

Also, I am not going away until I completely give up on NGS. Just because you tell me to go away, doesn't mean I will. I have no obligation to obey you. I currently have the right to post here and counter your arguments as long as I feel that they are to the detriment of NGS.

Also, this isn't attacking NGS. The fact that I am still around to complain about the game, means I care about it. A complaint is worth twice a compliment.

alt text

Like it is honestly sad when you see Genshin having so many hours of content at launch then see NGS having so little.

@Archetype-Luna

At this point you're simply trolling, comparing the most predatory game ever to PSO2 who sells fashion and fashion.

Like I have said before and it seem as tho I will say it many more times.

I want to play Sega’s game not yours.

At this point you're simply trolling, comparing the most predatory game ever to PSO2 who sells fashion and fashion.

That's a bit disingenuous as there's plenty of QoL stuff on the cash shop including trying to respec your skill tree, extra mags/characters, storage/inventory expansions and much more.

@Rain-Gnyu said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

Then take your own advice and stop spamming that this needs to be a subscription game, making weapon camos/ability transfer passes easier to obtain, or trying to shut down other people's threads. It's SEGA's game, SEGA's forums, let them run it how they want

@HarmlessSyan clutter, having more than a character is counterproductive, having more than a skill tree practically a waste of money.

You're comparing this to a game which blocks a character behind literal thousands of dollar gachas.

Who the hell cares if content can be cleared without it, you're still losing all the fun and the experience it gives and they're selling not just massive ammounts of power but literal gameplay features behind a 0.6% gacha.

@El-Zenchi actually not comparing it to Genshin as I don't play that game and never will. Was mostly just saying the cash shop for PSO2 isn't just fashion as you are stating. As for clutter and waste of money, the same can be said about fashion.

I bought alot of the QoL stuff like having extra inventory was a godsend for cradle/drawn to darkness runs, having 4 mags so I can play every class on my main.

@Archetype-Luna

Pretty sure most reasonable people would say I'm not a troll. Meanwhile, people have basically said you created this thread to troll.

Like you can't argue that Genshin actually has content that anyone can do without needing to pay money. It actually was able to retain its f2p players because it has content. Genshin is successful not because it is a gacha game, but because it has quality content. If anything, its gacha being used for characters and weapons is a point against Genshin, but it was able to work past that with its content.

If you look at all of my comparisons, I don't focus on the monetization differences between Genshin and NGS. I focus on the difference in the amount of content the two games have, because that is why Genshin is so successful; it has the content. It had more content during its beta than NGS has right now. Sure Genshin is a huge money maker now, but it had more content than NGS during beta before it become that huge money maker. By no means does Honkai Impact give Mihoyo more capital to work on Genshin than Sega has at its disposal. Sega is a massive and venerable company; it had more capital at its disposal for NGS than Mihoyo did with Genshin. You don't own IP's like Yakuza and Persona and not have capital at your disposal. Hell, they should had have plenty of capital leftover from base PSO2. NGS does not have any funding excuse for its lack of content.

How to make NGS successful like other MMOs? Don't release an incomplete content barren game. When a gacha game gives a more satisfying f2p experience than your game, and retains more f2p players than your game, you know you screwed up.

@Rain-Gnyu said in Making NGS be like other successful MMOs:

Unfortunately for you, the majority of people DON'T want to play Sega's game.