My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.

You can macro craft HQ everything, crafting is terrible.

They did make crafting mind numbingly simple. Still, I remember when I finally convinced both my mother in law and father in law to play and mil fell in LOVE with crafting. Had to take extensive screenshots with diagrams to help her figure it out.

I have so many good memories in FFXIV. The story alone was worth the subscription in my eyes.

@Shiyo I mean in most games, you just press a button to craft once you have the mats. The macro crafting is more people having figured out the optimal rotation for crafting items given a certain stat baseline. It can be done manually if you really wanted to, but people use the macro's because someone already put in the work of figuring the optimal rotation for it.

@Reiven said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

@Archetype-Luna said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

No, what NGS needs to do is start communicating more with its playerbase.

It would be wonderful if there was at least some acknowledgement of our concerns. The majority consensus among the community that have been voicing their grievances to Sega has been pretty universal. And from what I have heard, the JP side feels pretty similar to how we do.

I don't think anyone is trying to tell Sega how to run their business, and we all agree that they need to make money, but that pool to draw money from will become more difficult over time if it continues to shrink at the current rate.

You say unfinished but this is how Sega does it Pso2 content. Which gives a purpose behind the grind and why JP players on Global was always ahead of the western community because they knew what was coming. So I see your statement as misleading and as misdirection of free to players wanting something for nothing then complaining about content when they don’t want to pay to support proper development. I am hoping for subscription so the real supports can help develop the game with a true measurement of money flow. Right now As I see free to player are controlling rush counter productive development. Which in my opinion going to upset the paying supporting side of the community.

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

You say unfinished but this is how Sega does it Pso2 content. Which gives a purpose behind the grind and why JP players on Global was always ahead of the western community because they knew what was coming. So I see your statement as misleading and as misdirection of free to players wanting something for nothing then complaining about content when they don’t want to pay to support proper development. I am hoping for subscription so the real supports can help develop the game with a true measurement of money flow. Right now As I see free to player are controlling rush counter productive development. Which in my opinion going to upset the paying supporting side of the community.

Yeah, you are just wrong on free players controlling the rush. It is players in general. The number of people complaining are a very small number in the people that left the game. Remember, you had 50k+ players at peak on NGS launch on the steam charts and now you have 6k peaks.

If this is how Sega is doing their content, then the population numbers are telling them that they are doing something wrong. Also the reason why JP players on Global were always ahead was because the JP servers have been around since like 2012. Sega literally waited 8 years to release Global.

It isn't just free players that are complaining, it is both free and paying players. Making the game subscription base right now would just remove more of the player base and send the game to an even earlier grave. If you are to make a subscription based game, you need a certain amount of content at base and need to release sizable patches on a regular basis; and this is actual content not cosmetic gacha.

You are blaming the players when it is Sega that is at fault. That is fundamentally wrong. Imagine a game saying the reason why it is not successful is because of its players; that would be such a disrespectful view at their players that they would become a laughing stock.

If a game is not doing well, then it is the game's fault, not the players.

@someone-1 said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I really hope this rain guy is trolling.

I can bet anything more than half of the playerbase complaining are not f2p, besides the whales most of us been paying subs non stop since day1 until now, is call premium.

Yep, I have been paying premium since day 1 on global, I don't even know what the experience is like without premium in PSO2. My premium runs out in 40 days, and for the first time since the game released, I can't find any reason to stay subscribed.

@Archetype-Luna It's rather unfortunate that there are individuals that feel so inclined to shift blame onto the playerbase for a games' troubles rather than even remotely entertain the idea that any of the issues a game may be facing is due to in part their own (developer/publisher) mishandling of said game.

They've made up their mind, and their point of view isn't going to change, no matter what reasoning you present them with.

@Reiven The worst part is that kind of thinking can spread, and it is just so detrimental to a game. I argue not to convince my opponent but to convince the audience for a reason.

You can actually see it in the US Comic Book industry, with the authors thinking that it is something wrong with their audience. Instead of trying to improve their own work, they blame their audience or call for their competitors, namely manga, to be "taken to task" aka censored.

@Archetype-Luna Yea, all the talk about those that are voicing their grievances being toxic and being detrimental to the community, while also arguing in the same breath that those certain players are cheap f2p individuals that contribute nothing and don't deserve to have a voice in the community. That isn't at all toxic in their mind. It's just mind blowing. I wish I had the same amount of flexibility they have in terms of the mental gymnastics they perform.

Okay, let us go bit by bit here. I will read later what everyone wrote.

I think this way because some people want to play for free and never want to support the game but complain about content and in game market prices being to high.

Personally, and not that anyone should care, I have paid for a character slot for phasion reasons in Phantasy Star Online 2 and because I felt the Global release deserved it. Now, with that out of the way:

With this statement, you are saying you would prefer a Player Shop being only for spenders, by spenders. And that you believe that said market wouldn't be affected by things as scalping, grinding N-Meseta (by whatever means avaiable right now) and ticket hoarding for future higher selling?

I believe if you are spending money you are giving your support and have more of a voice in the matter of more content.

Oh, it IS a thing to be able to influence creative process in things like Kickstarter, that much it is true. Regarding your spending in PSO2:NGS, how much would you say you are able to manipulate the game and in which way, if anything, would?

Coming back to what I mentioned before: Would my 5 euros spent give me the possibility to express my disappointment with the game and be able to affect it?

I personally think this free to play model has spoiled some of the community in away of of entitlement thinking.

I personally think this free to play model has brought a ton of people that has watched a barren wasteland of playable and story content alongside an enourmous amount of lootbox purchases avaiable in the first month and has pushed away tons of people which, by their own entitlement, have certainly and decidely walked away from it.

This concept is Teaching others how to circumvent the system of sampling content to see if you want to buy to eating all the samples until you’re full.

And what is it we would get to eat at an entrance fee plus subsequent ones in this theme park with attractions such as:

1. Spend more money on lootbox.
  2. Beat lv15 bosses for augments.
  3. Beat lv24 bosses but purple for augments and glass cannon equipment that will be the first in line to be replaced.
  4. Walk around hoping for a PSE burst for augments and items.
  5. Dressing up and taking pics.
  6. Playing the market game. Spending money for access to it. (Would you remove this fee if suscription model?)
  7. 5 starring the Cocoon/Tower that have no reward for it.
  8. Urgent Quests, which we have no schedule for so we can't plan around them.

Anything else that I am missing?

. Going subscription base model would takeaway the RMT problem and the free to play players (YouTubers) viewers content manipulation bandwagons.

Doesn’t FFXIV use a subscription base models and they’re a successful company?

That is most definitely untrue:

1. The RMT problem: Any MMO, suscription based or not, has those. And it is a continuous endeavour to keep them away. Take into account that any chance, for example of a free trial, will be taken by RMTs to spread their advertising. FFXIV, or as I call it, Final Fantasy Online 2 (sorry, in the perspective of this game, it just fits, also we had a crossover back then) also has RMT propaganda due to their free t... oh, almost made the copypasta. How would you think a suscription would stop RMT here?

2. Youtubers: Not necessarily as info from the inside of the game can be obtained by 3rd party sources such as other people already playing the game. Also, which "content manipulation bandwagon" are we speaking about that qualify for you as such?

Once you clarify these questions for me, I might have a better idea what you are going for, as a couple days ago you were pretty much disheartened in another thread. As well as calling on people complaining to not judge.

I have premium but if they made it a paid subscription I would leave since it would block out a lot of my friends from the game who currently do not have the money available to pay for the game.

Only thing to do when you see a rainguy thread

df.jpg

I said what I needed to say and hopefully Sega is reading these thread and taking notice. Most of you have seen how Sega Pso2 operates in the pass and they have not change other than giving free to play player to much freedom within the game in my opinion. Which I believe was a mistake they trying to correct. Soon as those who don’t support the game move on or removed, I believe (my personal opinion) the game will move forward and be the greatest of all time.

@Rain-Gnyu Yeah hopefully Sega sees it and all of the people opposed to it. Hopefully they are taking notice of all of the complaints so they can actually do something about it and not kill the game by going with a mandatory subscription like you are saying. The people complaining are the people supporting the game, because the fact that they are complaining means they still care. If they truly gave up on the game, they would silently leave the game.

Quite literally, what you are suggesting is to create a short lived echo chamber.

This game does not have enough content to become a p2p game. You are blaming the players, something that is fundamentally wrong.

Also, I do hope they don't continue how they operated in the past. Looking back at PSO1 and PSU, Global won't last much longer because they'll either completely neglect Global and only listen to JP and/or focus all of their resources into keeping JP alive at the cost of Global.

I personally find it disgusting they locked F2P from player shops completely, I already found their stupid FUN RNG method to be ridiculous and harmful to the community rather than stopping fraudulent activity. No game can completely stop it, we see gold spammers in any game but the difference is you find methods to combat it that don't take away the enjoyment of your players. F2P already get so little, now they don't even get an opinion? They have a right to complain, they play a game that gives them no way to obtain anything nice without stupid BS rather than just playing a game. Maybe they will complain and just leave, but so will Premium. We're all sick and tired of it, but in my opinion F2P have more right to complain because they're getting second class treatment. Can you name any other games like this that lock the market from free players? I can't. There's been restrictions, but not outright closed off from selling in the shops.

And it's not even a one time fee, you have the joy of paying monthly for the simple privilege to use a function free in every other video game.