My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.

We're not becoming "payers" because there's nothing to pay for. I'm not going to spend money on a game with less content than pacman.

Iv'e played for 7 years but if the game was sub now i would prob take a break. Even now i barely log in.

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I think this way because some people want to play for free and never want to support the game but complain about content and in game market prices being to high.

No, people are complaining because the microtransactions ARE the content. PSO2 could exist with microtransactions if the game was actually in a good state, but it's not. The game is in an unfinished state, and it shows that week after week the devs seem to be pushing out more scratch tickets then anything else.

I believe if you are spending money you are giving your support and have more of a voice in the matter of more content. I personally think this free to play model has spoiled some of the community in away of of entitlement thinking.

You need both free players, and paying players to support the game, not just one. Both are needed to help a F2P game.

This concept is Teaching others how to circumvent the system of sampling content to see if you want to buy to eating all the samples until you’re full. Going subscription base model would takeaway the RMT problem and the free to play players (YouTubers) viewers content manipulation bandwagons.

It wouldn't stop RMT. FFXIV has a bot issue, and it's sub based. RMTers don't care about subscriptions because they steal credit card information to pay for subs. Need I remind people about what happened to RuneScape when they took away free trade? They had to do that because having credit card info stolen to buy membership was such a problem that banks threatened Jagex to make it so you couldn't buy membership through them anymore.

Doesn’t FFXIV use a subscription base models and they’re a successful company?

They are successful because the game isn't dog shit.

FF14 is boring, repetitive, and stale. They've released the same game over and over since 2.0 with zero changes to the formula and actually made the game worse every expac. At least they have a video game, though, and try to provide content to play. So it's not dog shit. This game is 100% dog shit and that's NOT an opinion. 5 hours of content on top of a completely anemic road map, delays, and incredibly minor content updates is completely unacceptable.

This game RELEASED in maintenance mode.

I really hope this rain guy is trolling.

I can bet anything more than half of the playerbase complaining are not f2p, besides the whales most of us been paying subs non stop since day1 until now, is call premium.

I think a shining example of a game doing a launch right would be Guild Wars 2. I played since beta and even that was a lot of fun, they had staff hosting events at all hours to drum up excitement for launch, and then when we did get launch there was so much to do that I couldn't just burn through content in a single week. I had places to explore, side quests to pick up, lore to collect. It was a flawless launch to me and it was inviting enough that all of my friends wanted to play it, too. I don't play too much anymore because some of the expansions were a let down but the launch of the base game was a very exciting experience, I don't remember anyone complaining about lack of stuff to do back then. This is how launch should feel, the world should feel like your oyster. Instead I get blocked off areas and tons of excuses, it's not the same experience.

It would be like going to a new hot restaurant and they hand you the menu, you select an entrée and the waiter tells you "Sorry we don't have that yet", then why is it even on the menu? An example of a subscription for this scenario is some restaurants have a yearly membership fee and you get some perks with that, but sorry this restaurant can only give you a quarter of what was in the brochure because they're not ready yet, they still want your membership $, though. Does this make any sense for a restaurant to be this incompetent? No, they would go out of business! The same for a game company, this is a poor way to go about teasers for players, it just makes a company look like they don't know what they're doing and they then lose the trust of their customers.

I played GW2 an unhealthy amount of time due to how my job works and I got 6 months of fun out of that game at release playing it 8+ hours a day.

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

Will as I see it Sega is having issue with the free to play community not crossing over to the premium community, which lead Sega to reach out to sponsorship.

Hence the intel emote and the other reason for me making this thread topic. My personal perspective opinion is that F2P want something for nothing then complain about content when profits is the biggest motivation of community content. I think F2P needs to cross over with money other than just complaints.

Sega is having issues with the majority of their community, not just the f2p players. I was a paying customers, stopped because I felt like I was not getting my money's worth. It's not a case of f2p players wanting something for nothing. Sega just didn't release a game with a sizable amount of content. If you make a good game, people will be willing to pay money. If all you have is gacha for content, why would anyone want to pay? It isn't just f2p players complaining, paying customers are complaining as well.

@Shiyo I have to ask, how is FFXIV worse every expansion? General consensus and from my own experience, ARR was the worst part of FFXIV while Shadowbringers is the best it has been to date. Sure Heavensward was better storywise than Stormblood, also tanking in Stormblood was awful especially as dark knight, but it still had decent content and still felt better than ARR.

They made classes worse every expansion, and crafting.

@Shiyo said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I played GW2 an unhealthy amount of time due to how my job works and I got 6 months of fun out of that game at release playing it 8+ hours a day.

It was amazing, back then I didn't have a demanding job so I definitely played an unhealthy amount. This is how fun a game should feel. Man at beta they had these events where half the players were tainted with the purple crystals and the other half had to defeat them, and they had humans VS zombies, too. I also recall a gigantic rabbit for a world boss. Sure launch day didn't have all that but I was ready to level my character and go off on an adventure. I think I spent hours just climbing places just to see where I could go. Ah, the good old days.

My main was bard. I got tired of every expansion giving my main an identity crisis. Shadowbringers was phenomenal in terms of story imo, but the fact that they more or less gutted my utility to make the shiny new dancer that much more appealing killed it for me.

@Reiven said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

My main was bard. I got tired of every expansion giving my main and identity crisis.

That's why I dropped Bard, it used to be my favorite. 😞 They did some funny things with Black Mage, too, that I just couldn't figure out how to play it beyond ARR.

@Milk Remember Heavensward when we became bow mages?

Yea...that was fun.

/s

Crafting is considered to be in a better spot currently, with the Ishgard Restoration making it easier to level your crafter and gatherers, thus making it more accessible. Also, I feel like the tanking classes are in a much better spot than they ever have been. A lot of classes feel better overall than they did in previous expansions, though astro and summoner were pretty bad at the beginning of Shadowbringers. So I wouldn't say classes got worse with each expansion, most got better.

@Reiven said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

My main was bard. I got tired of every expansion giving my main and identity crisis.

Yeah, I guess bard is kind of in a weird middle ground between Dancer and Machinist. Still, at least you aren't a bow mage anymore. Dear god did I hate playing bard in Heavensward. Though, at least they took that lesson in stride when they removed the casting times from bard.

@Milk said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

That's why I dropped Bard, it used to be my favorite. 😞 They did some funny things with Black Mage, too, that I just couldn't figure out how to play it beyond ARR.

Black Mage is a bit weird in that they are rather affected by what skills they have access to, so their rotation at lower levels is quite different from their rotation at higher levels. However, the actual rotation for black mage is rather simple, it is more so maintaining that rotation while dealing with mechanics that is hard.

You can macro craft HQ everything, crafting is terrible.