My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.

I think this way because some people want to play for free and never want to support the game but complain about content and in game market prices being to high. I believe if you are spending money you are giving your support and have more of a voice in the matter of more content. I personally think this free to play model has spoiled some of the community in away of of entitlement thinking. This concept is Teaching others how to circumvent the system of sampling content to see if you want to buy to eating all the samples until you’re full. Going subscription base model would takeaway the RMT problem and the free to play players (YouTubers) viewers content manipulation bandwagons.

Doesn’t FFXIV use a subscription base models and they’re a successful company?

it actually wouldnt take away the rmt problem unless they leave out the common free trial period, and ffxiv still has rmt spammers because of it despite being sub based. No ones going to go for a sub game with no free trial tho, and NGS has a lot of work to be done on it to be considered mandatory sub worthy.

Yes, NGS is such a quality piece of work that everyone would be down to pay for a monthly sub. I mean just look at FF14 - the games are basically identical in terms of content, so I am sure people would have no problem paying for NGS.

It would be good (considering that at least half of the accessories and costumes are obtained through content), I would pay, and I suppose that many who really want to, also scare those who complain without contributing any money:D

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I think this way because some people want to play for free and never want to support the game but complain about content and in game market prices being to high. I believe if you are spending money you are giving your support and have more of a voice in the matter of more content. I personally think this free to play model has spoiled some of the community in away of of entitlement thinking. This concept is Teaching others how to circumvent the system of sampling content to see if you want to buy to eating all the samples until you’re full. Going subscription base model would takeaway the RMT problem and the free to play players (YouTubers) viewers content manipulation bandwagons.

Doesn’t FFXIV use a subscription base models and they’re a successful company?

The fallacy in this is that FFXIV isn't successful because they use a subscription mode; FFXIV is successful because they listen to their player base. They listen to the complaints and communicate with the playerbase. Rather than FFXIV being successful because it is subscription based, it is more that FFXIV can go subscription based because it is successful.

alt text

These principals that FFXIV follow are why it is successful. There isn't any sort of manipulation bandwagon, it isn't a case of spoiled players, it is not people not wanting to support the game; it is quite literally Sega that is causing their own downfall. Your post is putting the blame on the player base when the fault lies with Sega.

"A complaint is worth twice a compliment." That right there is why FFXIV is so successful. The developers are humble and know that they are only where they are because of the players. If there were no players, there would be no FFXIV. They know that and thus they listen to their playerbase and communicate.

What Sega needs to do is not go subscription based. What they need to do is acknowledge their faults, be open to feedback, and, most of all, communicate with the playerbase.

This game in its current state isn’t good enough for a subscription, even their premium is lacking now. If they made all of the AC outfits things you could earn in game maybe but you know they would never do that, not even FFXIV does with their Mog Station outfits(but they are priced fairly and not a Gacha system)

With all the red box farming threatening the market, I’m not buying AC. Why should I spend my hard earned money with this going on? I would normally say if you want a game to succeed then we need to financially support it but we already have and look how little there is to show for it. If they can’t even give us content after years of whales forking over the cash, a subscription isn’t going to do much better. It’s not a money issue, it’s a development issue.

F2P have just as much right to complain, they gave us an unfinished game, it feels like we’ve been Cyberpunk’d right now.

If they want to charge a sub, I expect a game, not an idea of a game, not a rush job cash grab of a game.

@Riesz said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I believe if you are spending money you are giving your support and have more of a voice in the matter of more content. I personally think this free to play model has spoiled some of the community in away of of entitlement thinking.

Wow that's a pretty hot take. Everyone has a right to have an opinion and complain about things they believe are an issue no matter if they pay or not, in fact I'm sure many people aren't paying SEGA money for this game because they feel like their opinions aren't respected even now.

I spent money on this game but wow that is a pretty bad mindset to have. I'm not speaking objectively here that is legitimately a bad mindset to have and anyone that thinks otherwise is just flat out wrong.

Can I join your guild?

Sure make it sub but they'd have to scrap all the scratch items in boxes and have no cash shop. They'd never do this.

The thing with sub games is the company/developers are incentivised to make a good game because otherwise people will unsub. With free to play you don't need a good quality game. You can get by as long as you have ways of hooking whales in they'll pay more overall than what any sub game will get you.

Force a subscription noe and the game would tank. It has to be worth paying for in the first place. Kudos to those that find the shop worth it, but until they actually come out with a compelling enough reason to get premium either via premium bonuses or worthwhile gameplay and content I will continue to be F2P.

You wouldn't order a pizza and pay them when they delivered you nothing but uncooked dough.

@Zenny thats not entirely true. all of the current top sub games still have an optional item shop.

but to the other part, at some point they have to grow some integrity and try to provide the best service possible, or they will find themselves earning far less than subs would have generated. If they arent at that point already, which that survey would suggest they are.

Well, this all but confirms my suspicions.

@Rain-Gnyu said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

If you going to make a comment about the game don’t speak for the community, just keep it as your personal perspective opinion! Because you don’t speak for me and I am part of the community.

You've gone from, hey, people can share their opinions in the community, but they shouldn't use generalized statements because those are lies and I don't like people lying about me. (Lying is malicious while general statements are simply statements. They are not similar).

To, even though f2p and p2p players exist in the community, only those who pay should have the privilege of sharing their opinions because everyone else is whining and is spoiled.

Also I don't know how you can even possibly believe that a game switching to a sub model is going a way to effectively combat rmt. Do research, you will find that there is an extensive history of bots and rmt not only when WoW was initially released, but to this very day. And FFXIV has it too, and their multi account bots that are notorious for teleporting and traveling below the map to avoid detection out in the world.

And let's say I am f2p and someone that is p2p says something I don't agree with. Let's circle back to your statement, you clearly believe you are entitled to be upset because those who make those statements do not speak for you, well, the p2p might not be speaking for me. You clearly want the right to voice your opinion, but you want to silence everyone else?

At the end of the day, you and everyone else in this community is entitled to their own opinion. This one you have, however, makes you seem the spoiled and entitled one.

I disagree, Phantasy Star just isn't big enough to justify it, at least not in the west. It may work in Japan, but I think the game would die very quickly if it went with a subscription for the rest of the world. There is a reason why they decided to go with F2P after PSU. Also, in it's current state, who would even renew their subscription after a month? I certainly wouldn't, it's not worth it.

It works for Final Fantasy because Final Fantasy is a massive series worldwide. It's a much bigger name than Phantasy Star.

Sega just got greedy, that is the real issue here. They could quite easily have made NGS like PSO2, but decided to lock the player shop behind premium, gave us far less premium perks, made it more expensive to get certain cosmetics, and made it hard to make meseta in a deliberate attempt to get people to buy their scratch tickets.

@HermitST Pretty much.

@HermitST its not big enough in Japan for it, either.

@AngryRhombus563 said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

@HermitST its not big enough in Japan for it, either.

It's much bigger than global though. They have 10 ships, we have 4, and they are one country. PSO2 was massively popular in Japan.