My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I think this way because some people want to play for free and never want to support the game but complain about content and in game market prices being to high. I believe if you are spending money you are giving your support and have more of a voice in the matter of more content. I personally think this free to play model has spoiled some of the community in away of of entitlement thinking. This concept is Teaching others how to circumvent the system of sampling content to see if you want to buy to eating all the samples until you’re full. Going subscription base model would takeaway the RMT problem and the free to play players (YouTubers) viewers content manipulation bandwagons.

Doesn’t FFXIV use a subscription base models and they’re a successful company?

Uh dude, I've whaled a disgusting amount on this game and I'm one of the more vocal people about the state of PSO2/NGS.

If anything, those that have spent money on this game should be (rightfully) pissed off at Sega and how it's handling the game.

@LazerRay said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I'm one of many players who have such low budgets that we can't even get premium or mess with the AC scratches in PSO2/NGS, for a while I had premium because I wanted to have the perks of it, but due to the damn pandemic I lost my job and have been out of work for months, and gaming is the main thing that keeps my mind active and for the most part very low cost unless its a game that requires putting money into it repeatedly just to play.

I know how that feels, collected a few F2P games during those rough patches(years ago) and weeded out any that shut down my experience for having no money. I thought I'd give you a list to curb the boredom(in case you haven't tried these)

My top games for completely free were:

Path of Exile, game is the full experience without spending a dime, cash shop is costly for flashy effects/pets but I prefer stuff I just find in game.

Guild Wars 2(base game is free), allows currency conversion so you can trade your gold for cash shop.

Blade & Soul, allows currency conversion so you can trade your gold for cash shop, also great looking dungeon drop costumes.

Tree of Savior, easy to save up gold and buy on market, market restrictions for F2P(only 1 slot) but you can buy Premium tokens on the market with gold.

Top games with optional minimal spending:

Dragon Nest, great beat 'em up, don't need cash to have fun but I wanted more custom hair(F2P very limited) so I spent $10. Multiple ways to obtain costumes, including conversion and market.

Vindictus, my favorite combat! Another don't need cash to have fun game but again I wanted cooler hair(same limit), so $10. Can buy costumes on market but pretty pricey until you're high lvl.

PSO2/NGS honestly doesn't treat their F2P players very well by comparison, they don't even allow F2P to sell on the market anymore and there's no currency conversion. 😞

@Milk said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

Guild Wars 2(base game is free), allows currency conversion so you can trade your gold for cash shop.

PSO2/NGS honestly doesn't treat their F2P players very well by comparison

While I do think that GW2 does some essential things for its F2P players (mainly the ingame to premium currency conversion) better than how PSO2 handels its counterpart, F2P players in PSO2 definitely get the overall better deal here (when compated to those who pay) and it's not even close.

@Ryoga said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

PSO2/NGS honestly doesn't treat their F2P players very well by comparison

While I do think that GW2 does some essential things for its F2P players (mainly the ingame to premium currency conversion) better than how PSO2 handels its counterpart, F2P players in PSO2 definitely get the overall better deal (when compated to those who pay) here and it's not even close.

How so? I actually haven't spent anything in GW2 aside from buying the game itself before it went free. Living Story is free if you log in during the launch(or you can convert to gems to buy it), cash shop(including character editing) is free with conversion, even legendaries are free if you craft them yourself. There's no market restrictions and you get anniversary gifts with free(obscenely expensive) dyes a F2P would normally struggle to afford. The only thing I can think of is maybe PVP advantages for paid players? I play WvW though so I don't notice any difference.

I own costumes and cash shop gathering tools from just using the currency conversion, and heck back at launch it was so cheap that I actually maxed out all of my character slots just with gold. Maybe it's harder now as F2P? I might be out of touch, but the point is, I haven't spent $ and I still have fun.

The only thing F2P players can’t do that premium can is sell items on the market. Hence why I shout the mentality of something for nothing. Some louder more outspoken F2P players trying circumvent and manipulate though YouTube and forums disgruntled rants about how there no content. With the undertones of mistreatment of F2P players being lock of market content while negating the fact that F2P are not contributing to the money flow development on a personal level. It easy to shade over this one simple fact through misdirection while bandwagon the community to strengthen their power of influence.

The only thing F2P players can’t do that premium can is sell items on the market. Hence why I shout the mentality of something for nothing. Some louder more outspoken F2P players trying circumvent and manipulate though YouTube and forums disgruntled rants about how there no content. With the undertones of mistreatment of F2P players being lock of market content while negating the fact that F2P are not contributing to the money flow development on a personal level. It easy to shade over this one simple fact through misdirection while bandwagon the community to strengthen their power of influence.

You simply hate F2P players is what you're getting at. How else do I interpret what you're saying? What other reason could you have to vilify F2P players like this? Do you think you're the only one who deserves to enjoy hobbies, especially during a pandemic when so many have nothing right now, Rain?

Their influence is the same as ours! The game has no content, this isn't some attempt to manipulate the community. It's a straight fact. This is a shell of a game, it's not a full game. They have a right to be unhappy about it, they have a right to be angry they're treated like second class citizens in a freaking video game.

You simply hate F2P players is what you're getting at. How else do I interpret what you're saying? What other reason could you have to vilify F2P players like this? Do you think you're the only one who deserves to enjoy hobbies, especially during a pandemic when so many have nothing right now, Rain?

Their influence is the same as ours! The game has no content, this isn't some attempt to manipulate the community. It's a straight fact. This is a shell of a game, it's not a full game. They have a right to be unhappy about it, they have a right to be angry they're treated like second class citizens in a freaking video game.

Don’t hate F2P just think some not all are being hypocrites and hypocritical!

Then stop acting like you do, because your threads and comments paint a very ugly picture. How are they being hypocritical? They have valid complaints. Without F2P players our game would be more empty than it already is, no one wants to play a ghost town. Your suggestion would chase the Premium players off as well, and then we would have no game for anybody.

And to add, this is the one game I have ever played that locked selling on the freaking market behind a subscription. It's absurd this company thinks this is ok to treat players like this. The market is already inflating, F2P are struggling to buy costumes on the market and now they can't even earn N-Meseta on the market like they could in PSO2. What do you expect them to do, just have nothing, then?

Your words say the exact opposite. You are putting the blame of the game's decline on the f2p players, again fundamentally wrong. Also, a lot of the people that are complaining aren't f2p players. You seem to conveniently ignore that fact.

Then stop acting like you do, because your threads and comments paint a very ugly picture. How are they being hypocritical? They have valid complaints. Without F2P players our game would be more empty than it already is, no one wants to play a ghost town. Your suggestion would chase the Premium players off as well, and then we would have no game for anybody.

That is your personal perspective opinion! I think it would give Sega a better measurement of it true supporters and proper money flow if they went subscription base. Then if you truly support the game your money would reflect that. That old saying put your money where your 👄 mouth is.

That is your personal perspective opinion! I think it would give Sega a better measurement of it true supporters and proper money flow if they went subscription base. Then if you truly support the game your money would reflect that. That old saying put your money where your 👄 mouth is.

You don't have to pay money to be a f2p player. Also, a lot of the people complaining have spent large amounts of money in this game. In another thread, you are complaining about f2p players when the OP has stated they pay for premium. Something you continue to ignore. Furthermore, your posts try to pin the blame of the game's decline on players, which is fundamentally wrong. The game isn't failing because f2p players exist; it is because Sega screwed up.

I have read seen and listen to F2P player bragging about how they got Everything for free because I paid for it. If that fair?

So Now I feel better about selling and buying on the market with people who support the game.......I am having more fun and enjoying myself big time.

I don't want to support this halfassed broken game in its current state. Why would I pay for a subscription for this? Why would you expect people to pay a subscription for this? Proper money flow...lol, former whales like myself and many others on the forum gave them plenty, and they couldn't even give us a halfway decent launch for NGS. You're pitying poor SEGA as if this is somehow the players' fault their game is failing. It's SEGA's fault their game is failing. It's your fault that they do nothing about it, because there's always players like you who will sit and take whatever trash is thrown at them out of misguided loyalty instead of demanding change.

You think this game is fine and dandy right now? We have more cash shop than game. I've played mobile games with more story and content than this. You still think that's ok?

F2P aren't the problem.

And finally, you're complaining about F2P like some entitled taxpayer being mad that the poor have anything nice on "your dime". Knock it off.

I have read seen and listen to F2P player bragging about how they got Everything for free because I paid for it. If that fair?

Can you prove that statement?

Even if that were true, that's how it is in F2P games. Paying players support the game so the company has enough money to keep their doors open for everyone. Nobody is forcing anybody to open their wallet, we choose to do that. If bringing happiness to other people is just too much for you, stop paying, then.