My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.

Last thought of the night.

A subscription base for a new game right now is pretty much the kiss of death. The world we live in is still upside down, mortgage moratoriums had to be extended so people don't end up homeless, a lot of people are still struggling. Many play F2P just to get an escape from the stress, some people still can't even go outside. We're the lucky ones who can afford to pay a sub and buy whatever we want, we also know how unfair that is. Established companies with fully finished games like FFXIV or WoW can do this, the rest of them would be taking a huge risk to their company. People aren't comfortable spending $ on frivolous purchases right now unless it's something tried and true, not a new idea. Take a look at products outside of videogames, companies are playing it very safe right now to keep a solid customer base because money is precious right now for everyone when the world is so unpredictable. A sub at this point would sink the game.

People don't want to play the game while it's free, so trying to force them to pay $10-15 would kill off the last of the playerbase.

The story pre-shadowbringers annoyed me primarily because they injected parts that just made no sense. Most of the time we are treated like the only warrior of light, then all of a sudden we're expected to "Gather our friends" to do a dungeon that the warrior of light is expected to do. Always irked me. Dialog always treated you like the only one in the world until it came time for a primal or something, then all of a sudden there are known to many, gather them !

Shadowbrings fixed most of that with trusts, but still need trusts that cant be indoctrinated so they can complete the experience. Shadowbrings is where the story stopped being stupid imo.

@AngryRhombus563 said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

The story pre-shadowbringers annoyed me primarily because they injected parts that just made no sense. Most of the time we are treated like the only warrior of light, then all of a sudden we're expected to "Gather our friends" to do a dungeon that the warrior of light is expected to do. Always irked me. Dialog always treated you like the only one in the world until it came time for a primal or something, then all of a sudden there are known to many, gather them !

Shadowbrings fixed most of that with trusts, but still need trusts that cant be indoctrinated so they can complete the experience. Shadowbrings is where the story stopped being stupid imo.

They actually explain the friends thing in Shadowbringers and why we always seem to have friends available to help us. Remember while we are the warrior of light, there are still plenty of others with the echo.

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I said what I needed to say and hopefully Sega is reading these thread and taking notice.

Have you spent enough for that, according to your own words? Please answer at what I asked you beforehand.

Most of you have seen how Sega Pso2 operates in the pass and they have not change other than giving free to play player to much freedom within the game in my opinion. Which I believe was a mistake they trying to correct.

1. Can't sell stuff in Player Shop.
  2. Can't respec skill trees freely. Or add them.
  3. Can't change the color of things limited by N-Color Pass.
  4. Can't use advanced camera options.
  5. Can't add characters other than the 3 slots.
  6. Can't change names.
  7. Can't change servers.
  8. Can't have more than 10 Symbol Arts.
  9. Can't have more than 10 Looks.
  10. Can't have the PSO2Day bonus the 22th.
  11. Can't have the advantages from Premium.
  12. Can't buy lootboxes.

Pretty sure I am forgetting something. What is this "freedom" you speak about?

Soon as those who don’t support the game move on or removed, I believe (my personal opinion) the game will move forward and be the greatest of all time.

My personal opinion is that if such an idea was to be adopted the game would be dead by September and be the worst MMO launch ever in the history of videogames, even above what happened in FFXIV 1.0.

@Archetype-Luna In a way to patch up the very lack of explanation of everything pre-shadowbringers. Doesn't work on me tho, pre-shadowbringers story was just stupid and they didn't think of it until shadowbringers.

@Aumires If you're expecting them to partake in civil discussion and to answer direct questions, you are going to be disappointed.

@AngryRhombus563 To be honest, pre-shadowbringers didn't really need much explanation in my opinion. Adventurers exist all over the place and are always moving about. It is sometimes lampshaded and joked about like how your friends are taking a fishing trip in the Ruby Seas, but they did establish that you were not the only person with echo running about. Despite being a silent protagonist, the warrior of light is actually rather social, even if they may stoically nod quite often.

@Rain-Gnyu Its elitists like you that ruin online games for those with low budgets, since you do everything you can to push the F2Ps out.

There are very few F2P friendly games out there and there are a lot people who can't do P2P or P2W games at all, you need to learn the difference between wanting to put money into a game and having to put money into game.

I'm one of many players who have such low budgets that we can't even get premium or mess with the AC scratches in PSO2/NGS, for a while I had premium because I wanted to have the perks of it, but due to the damn pandemic I lost my job and have been out of work for months, and gaming is the main thing that keeps my mind active and for the most part very low cost unless its a game that requires putting money into it repeatedly just to play.

Also what happened to you wanting to "Play Sega's game", PSO2/NGS is designed as a F2P friendly game, so your idea of a pay-walled subscription contradicts your own concept of playing a game as the developers intended.

f8dcaeba-5c94-4bcd-b6c4-b8cd13342455-image.png

So if you don't like sharing a game with F2Ps, find something else since they are the majority here and with out them, Sega might as well just shut down PSO2/NGS.

@Archetype-Luna Bah i dont buy it. in shadowbringers they were surprised that hydalin could so eadily impart the echo on to others as displayed in the 1st, and before that with a fellow scion and the ex garlean lackey (names elude me at current). they wouldnt be awed by any of that if they were well aware of the crap ton of adventurers with the echo. in fact they wouldnt find the primal issue to be an issue if anyone but YOUR warrior of light was considered. remember the towers bit? your two good friends since you couldnt go were the only ones that could possibly recon or explore them without risking enthrallment. story forgets all about our copies until its time for an instace.

spoilers for anyone that might have cared, but thats from my readings on much of the story do far: youre the only warrior of light in existance until magically they need 8 warriors of light, then queue trial. its at least not with dungeons anymore, thanks to trusts. but im sure they really only did that so non-tanks didnt have to suffer long queue times just to finish story quests.

Its good story writing especially with shadowbringers, but i can only say the story is really bad at injecting the thought of extras that get no mention until its something you cant do with npcs.

I think this way because some people want to play for free and never want to support the game but complain about content and in game market prices being to high. I believe if you are spending money you are giving your support and have more of a voice in the matter of more content. I personally think this free to play model has spoiled some of the community in away of of entitlement thinking. This concept is Teaching others how to circumvent the system of sampling content to see if you want to buy to eating all the samples until you’re full. Going subscription base model would takeaway the RMT problem and the free to play players (YouTubers) viewers content manipulation bandwagons.

Doesn’t FFXIV use a subscription base models and they’re a successful company?

sub for what exactly? this alpha early access game is not worth a sub. even the original pso vers 1 on DC has more content.

@Rain-Gnyu i think its need to be a sub game as well problem is there no content in the game to make people want to pay. you say people that dont gamble in game (AC) are a problem as they do not pay but why will they pay? to get fusion that they do not want? and if they want to go and get some AC they MUST get a premium, as well as this the only way they can sell the one they don't want or the duplicates . thing is SEGA fucked up on NGS , this was need to be out in 2022 not now .

It'll be even worse because I'm sure they will go back to content update favoritism where JP gets updates every 3 months while 'global' gets it every 500 years.

@Miranda said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

It'll be even worse because I'm sure they will go back to content update favoritism where JP gets updates every 3 months while 'global' gets it every 500 years.

I had hoped MS would buy SEGA to stop that from ever happening again.

@AngryRhombus563 FFXIV spoilers:

Early on in ARR they show a bunch of people flying around Hydaelyn, I think it was shortly after you get your first crystal. Plus, anyone that fights a primal has to have echo to avoid being tempered. So if you get help from anyone during a primal fight, they will have echo.

Also, Hydaelyn is not imparting echo. Everyone has the potential for echo. Hydaelyn is constantly calling out to people, but only people with echo can hear them.

What awaken echo is that meteor image as that is a scene from the end times of the original world before Zodiark was summoned. Essentially, the horrors of those times were so bad that it left a sort of PTSD on everyone's souls, and the meteor image triggers thar PTSD which awakens the echo, which is called echo because it is an echo of the power they once held as a whole ascian.

So Hydaelyn doesn't impart echo on anyone, everyone has it. Whether they awaken it is a different matter and only those that have echo can hear Hydaelyn who is always trying to talk, but only those that have echo can hear.