My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.

@HermitST it has 10 ships because its on a fundamentally differesnt system that doesnt allow for rapid scaling of player capacity. they cant just increase or decrease the number of blocks in a ship, or number of ships, without hardware changes, so they have an arbitrarily high base capacity.

They have the same discontent over the game and the content is the same and unworthy of mandatory subs. theyll lose thousands of players globally. Jp players just like us

@HermitST With the amount of content it currently has, it wouldn't work in Japan either. As big as PSO is in Japan, it is quality and content that makes a game suitable for being subscription based. If NGS had the same amount of content with the same level of quality as one of FFXIV's expansions, then it probably could go p2p if it keeps up a regular content schedule, even in the west. However, as it stands, NGS doesn't have that.

@HermitST said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I disagree, Phantasy Star just isn't big enough to justify it, at least not in the west. It may work in Japan, but I think the game would die very quickly if it went with a subscription for the rest of the world. There is a reason why they decided to go with F2P after PSU. Also, in it's current state, who would even renew their subscription after a month? I certainly wouldn't, it's not worth it.

It works for Final Fantasy because Final Fantasy is a massive series worldwide. It's a much bigger name than Phantasy Star.

Sega just got greedy, that is the real issue here. They could quite easily have made NGS like PSO2, but decided to lock the player shop behind premium, gave us far less premium perks, made it more expensive to get certain cosmetics, and made it hard to make meseta in a deliberate attempt to get people to buy their scratch tickets.

More of a reason this game should go subscription base.

@AngryRhombus563 said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

@HermitST it has 10 ships because its on a fundamentally differesnt system that doesnt allow for rapud scaling of player capacity. they cant just increase or decrease the number of blocks in a ship without hardware changes, so they have an arbitrarily high base capacity.

They have the same discontent over the game and the content is the same and unworthy of mandatory subs. theyll lose thousands of players globally.

Still, I guarantee they have more players than global. Global is probably hovering around the 5000 mark.

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

I disagree, Phantasy Star just isn't big enough to justify it, at least not in the west. It may work in Japan, but I think the game would die very quickly if it went with a subscription for the rest of the world. There is a reason why they decided to go with F2P after PSU. Also, in it's current state, who would even renew their subscription after a month? I certainly wouldn't, it's not worth it.

It works for Final Fantasy because Final Fantasy is a massive series worldwide. It's a much bigger name than Phantasy Star.

Sega just got greedy, that is the real issue here. They could quite easily have made NGS like PSO2, but decided to lock the player shop behind premium, gave us far less premium perks, made it more expensive to get certain cosmetics, and made it hard to make meseta in a deliberate attempt to get people to buy their scratch tickets.

I'm not sure how you took my post as more of a reason to go subscription only. The game would die if it did. On Steam right now, it is struggling to get over 4000 players, if it was locked behind a subscription, it would probably struggle to get over 1000.

@Rain-Gnyu said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

audible blink

How is that more reason for the game to go subscription based? It doesn't have the necessary content nor the service quality. Subscription based games go f2p when they start to fail; a failing f2p game going subscription based is basically suicide.

No, what NGS needs to do is start communicating more with its playerbase.

If this game was subscription based i would never play it, or even look into it of it's worth or not. Same for FFXIV, people might claim it's a very good game, but i don't care at al as long as it's subscription based.

It's for a very simple reason. I have my work to do, and that leaves me for only a few hours to play games per day. On top of that i like to switch up games in the lil time i have availble. Both meaning that if I pay for a sunscription based game I pay for the bigger part for time I don't spend on the game, which is the biggest waste that can be in my eyes.

The only thing subscription based gaming is good for is promoting a no good gamer addict lifestyle as players don't want to waste a single moment of the game time they payed for.

@Illanya said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

If this game was subscription based i would never play it, or even look into it of it's worth or not. Same for FFXIV, people might claim it's a very good game, but i don't care at al as long as it's subscription based.

It's for a very simple reason. I have my work to do, and that leaves me for only a few hours to play games per day. On top of that i like to switch up games in the lil time i have availble. Both meaning that if I pay for a sunscription based game I pay for the bigger part for time I don't spend on the game, which is the biggest waste that can be in my eyes.

The only thing subscription based gaming is good for is promoting a no good gamer addict lifestyle as players don't want to waste a single moment of the game time they payed for.

what in the hell are you on about? you must own some subscription in your life. like, do you watch movies or shows 24/7 if u have netflix?

jesus h. christ, i've seen some dumb posts, but sub based games promoting addiction? you have your work to do and only get a "few" hours a day to play.there are people out there playing sub based games, who can at best do 2 hours of playtime a day, if any at all.

@Archetype-Luna said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

No, what NGS needs to do is start communicating more with its playerbase.

It would be wonderful if there was at least some acknowledgement of our concerns. The majority consensus among the community that have been voicing their grievances to Sega has been pretty universal. And from what I have heard, the JP side feels pretty similar to how we do.

I don't think anyone is trying to tell Sega how to run their business, and we all agree that they need to make money, but that pool to draw money from will become more difficult over time if it continues to shrink at the current rate.

is this a "the game is free!!" meme in disguise?

@Illanya said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you have to use it 24/7 to get your money's worth. It's $15, only $12 if you have one character. That's not a lot of money for 30 days of entertainment, that's only the equivalent of three rented movies on Amazon and you only get a day or two to watch those. It's entertainment, here now and gone the next, but you can always come back to it. I don't sub every single month because I don't have time to play all the time, but the game is still ready for me when I feel like playing it, then I resub again. It doesn't encourage a "no life" lifestyle, it encourages you to play when you feel like it like any other game. I work a lot, I get maybe 30-45 minutes of free time a day, I still sub when I want to play.

If someone(s) feels that a game subscription is worthy of their investment, doesn't mean that others will share that sentiment. How someone chooses to spend or not spend their money is their prerogative.

@Reiven said in My opinion is that, this game should be subscription base.:

If someone(s) feels that a game subscription is worthy of their investment, doesn't mean that others will share that sentiment. How someone chooses to spend or not spend their money is their prerogative.

The only part I disagree with is "The only thing subscription based gaming is good for is promoting a no good gamer addict lifestyle", how someone chooses to spend their money isn't anyone's business but I feel that statement is completely false and kind of insulting to those who choose to pay for subs.

@Milk That's fine. But your follow up to their statement did focus primarily on costs and value more than addressing what you've told me, hence my response.

Will as I see it Sega is having issue with the free to play community not crossing over to the premium community, which lead Sega to reach out to sponsorship.

Hence the intel emote and the other reason for me making this thread topic. My personal perspective opinion is that F2P want something for nothing then complain about content when profits is the biggest motivation of community content. I think F2P needs to cross over with money other than just complaints.