The state of NGS actually makes me sad

@Ki-Rin said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

I wonder if NGS was a knee jerk reaction to genshin impacts success.

This is something I have been thinking for a while now.

@Milk said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

@Knight-Raime said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

@Milk

Despite the issues with sega communication, how the game is currently monetized, and how multi-accounts/rmt's have hurt the market my main problem for logging in is just the content available. I could grind for BiS setups but no content out there currently asks for that. Meaning the only reason to login for me is to tweak fashion/do dailies and get the alpha reactors. Which is just draining for me personally. I'm hoping the expansion at the end of this year is enough content wise that i'll want to play more. But I think that's wishful thinking at this point. We realistically probably won't hit that mark for another year.

I logged in to play with the character maker but even that gets old. I refuse to participate in another broken economy so been skipping the market. I’m hoping for an absence makes the heart grow fonder kind of thing, there’s a lot of games I need to catch up on that give me what NGS is lacking. The game will either sink or swim.

Pso2 is a game you don’t want to sleep on. Sega is going to do something that surprises the community and those that left are going to regret and complain.

@Rain-Gnyu I feel like that would be a bit of a tone deaf move, it would look spiteful, like them saying good riddance. It would just give the impression of how you must keep playing through feelings of FOMO. It would show no respect for player time.

@Rain-Gnyu

You'll Never Believe What SEGA Did After Disappointing Their Fanbase!

You sound like a clickbait article.

@NIC said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

Sega doesn't want a "healthy" game. Sega wants a game that makes them a lot of money.

You have to convince the whales to stop buying in order for sega to care.

Whales and premium player are not listening to the crying F2P players one bit. You guys are trying to hard. While you guys are crying about this or that trying to bandwagon the community. You are being ignored while the whales and premium players are have a great time. They (We) going to be so far ahead of you guys in both gear and skill. But I am sure you will cry harder and try the find someway to blame Sega, even tho Sega has given you enough time to prepare. What funny now is that you guys are crying about whales and premium players having fun and negating your boycotting campaign. This doesn’t apply to all F2P player. There are some legit free to play player who truly understand the concept of free to play.

Fun challenge : take a drink every time you see the word 'cry' in this forum.

@Melforne I have plenty of water on hand.

Up the ante, take a drink every time someone says "content" instead.

@Rain-Gnyu said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

Sega doesn't want a "healthy" game. Sega wants a game that makes them a lot of money.

Whales and premium player are not listening to the crying F2P players one bit. You guys are trying to hard. While you guys are crying about this or that trying to bandwagon the community. You are being ignored while the whales and premium players are have a great time. They (We) going to be so far ahead of you guys in both gear and skill. But I am sure you while cry hard and try the find someway to blame Sega, even tho Sega has given you enough time to prepare. What funny now is that you guys are crying about whales and premium players having fun and negating your boycotting campaign. This doesn’t apply to all F2P player. There are some legit free to play player who truly understand the concept of free to play.

Hi, former whale and premium player here. Did not feel the game was worth my money. Also, plenty of people who complained were also premium players. Pretty sure we would not like you to speak for us like how you often complained about anyone who had a negative opinion was somehow speaking for you and the community. Pretty hypocritical if you can do it, but we can't.

@Archetype-Luna

Can only echo your statement. As I am a former whale myself. And might stop buying premium soon.

With the removal of area SA I don't know if I will renew premium since I can't use all of my extra SA slots freely.

@Rain-Gnyu said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

Whales and premium player are not listening to the crying F2P players one bit. You guys are trying to hard. While you guys are crying about this or that trying to bandwagon the community. You are being ignored while the whales and premium players are have a great time. They (We) going to be so far ahead of you guys in both gear and skill. But I am sure you while cry hard and try the find someway to blame Sega, even tho Sega has given you enough time to prepare. What funny now is that you guys are crying about whales and premium players having fun and negating your boycotting campaign. This doesn’t apply to all F2P player. There are some legit free to play player who truly understand the concept of free to play.

I know you're a blatant 0 effort troll, but I'm gonna prove you wrong anyways.

I play on JP and during PSO2 I had premium 100% of the time while playing.

I will not spend a single cent on NGS as this is a pathetic sad excuse of a "game" and I'd sooner go to a pachinko machine and gamble my life savings away.

EU / US players are with NGS on JP standard interval for new content. Unfortunately, you have become accustomed to receiving content after content every month. The hardcore player base will remain loyal to the game regardless of the length of time. The problem that will destroy the game is the fact that the players CANNOT handle the money. F2P players leave the game after a short time when they see the current prices in the shop. After two months we are in the 4mio N-Meseta area for fashion. For an F2P player these are enormous prices and these increase due to the greed of the premium players. I am a premium player myself and only hold my head when I see the prices. The survival of the game depends on the premium player, who determines the prices in the shop. A F2P player makes 1-2 million a week if he plays a few hours. The premium player makes far more by selling the fashion he does not need and thus does NOT get his neck full enough. Personally, I don't want to see the prices for fashion in the tens of millions in 1-2 months. As a premium player, think of the F2P players and regulate your greed for money! It is up to US whether the game will reach the end or whether the EU / US service will be discontinued after 1-2 years because the players drop out because of the shop prices. In my opinion, the maximum price montan would be a maximum of 1.5 million to 2 million.

@Cult0fpersnality

"This game feels deader than dead. There’s obviously a lack of content and I don’t see august 4th with one new class and defense missions as something that will hold my interest for yet another 2 weeks until we get even more slow drip of content."

Can you really call a class that exists in the main portion of PSO2 new content? It was already there, now it's not.

"It sucks. I want to play it but I can only farm materials and gigantics and the same 2 UQs so much when there isn’t a single relevant item to farm or new areas to explore. I’m really dying for something new here or even a brand new game to peak interest to be that “go to” game but it just isn’t happening right now."

Have you tried modding? As in modding an older game that you enjoyed and turning it into something else? Example, Fallout New Vegas now has drivable, fully functional cars thanks to modders.

@HoDKenji said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

EU / US players are with NGS on JP standard interval for new content. Unfortunately, you have become accustomed to receiving content after content every month.

Totally explains all the JP complaints then. They must have been accustomed to the Global pace as well, right?

@Rain-Gnyu Look at all these generalizations.

You don't speak for all whales/premium players. I was both up until NGS, I would spend $200-$300 on every scratch ticket. Not anymore. Not until Sega gets their shit together.