The state of NGS actually makes me sad

I enjoyed all of PSO2 from start to finish. But ever since the start of this anniversary event I haven’t logged in but 2-3 times just to check prices in shops.

This game feels deader than dead. There’s obviously a lack of content and I don’t see august 4th with one new class and defense missions as something that will hold my interest for yet another 2 weeks until we get even more slow drip of content.

It sucks. I want to play it but I can only farm materials and gigantics and the same 2 UQs so much when there isn’t a single relevant item to farm or new areas to explore. I’m really dying for something new here or even a brand new game to peak interest to be that “go to” game but it just isn’t happening right now.

It sucks!

Defense quest arn't until the 18th so its just a new class for 2 weeks. And scratches inbetween

Well, For those of you that feel that way, Consider the following:

Currently- take advantage of gathering EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING, Why? - Well, there is the possibility that when New-er Gear Does get released, You would have prepped for it, If not- Then when it does come, Most are going to be scrablimg and still complaining in one form or another, of how this should of been some sort of announcement.

Really, it only makes sense, STOCKPILE what you can, You may need that special drop Resugir weapon or others to upgrade to the next. I'm just saying., And IF for instance you did the forementioned- those weapons re going to be in such crazy prices in the shops by then. But, Hey- that's just my perspective.

@Sakesubaki That is an idea to work toward sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that when the new zone opens up, that will mean new augments and new materials...and those new augments will need said newer materials. I feel this way because the direction NGS is headed for now, in between content drips, is to mindlessly grind mobs and pray that rng blesses you with a decent drop, that you then augment. If these new drops/augments can be obtained simply with Aelio materials, then people who do have an overstock will burn that much faster through the content.

I do agree that stockpiling weapons is a good idea, however.

@Reiven I have had tremendous results From "FEEDING the MAG" in the area that you wish to grind. I have been blessed on that notion with 3 Pieces of GEANT armor all in one evening and finally the rarest of them all a RESUGIR Rifle.

All you have to do, Is keep that MAG Full, and you will reap the benefits. So there is the level in terms of everyone participating and there is the level thatis meant solely for the single player.

It varies though, Often times you wont get the added % drop, Instead you'll get someting like an Temporary Invincibility Buff.

To get a Rare drop it all boils down on How much DPS you can actually do, Im not certain at what level this starts out as, But it would be a good idea to explore and use all available PA's that you can use and just spam the ones that really do the DPS.

To add to all that - Make sure that you always cook some quick food, ( WHICH can be done at any RYOUKER Device BTW.)

Vegatable and fresh herbs = PP Regeneration MEATS = Higher DPS %

@Sakesubaki Oh, I am aware. Thank you for the advice though. 🙂 I hope it is helpful to others that may be less aware of the systems, especially when in comes to feeding the region mag. Many tend to overlook the additional bonus.

@Sakesubaki said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

Currently- take advantage of gathering EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING, Why? - Well, there is the possibility that when New-er Gear Does get released, You would have prepped for it, If not- Then when it does come, Most are going to be scrablimg and still complaining in one form or another, of how this should of been some sort of announcement.

The problem is even if you're right (and you are right), it's just boring and not worth burning yourself out even more if you aren't having fun.

@KSib

Who said anything about burning yourself out? Run just doing some dailies and make some N-Meseta while your at it, That's it. Easy-peasy.

In my case, I am considering purging most of what i have in Base PSO2 because now I am "Packed to the Gills" with items from The NGS side and may run out of room soon.

@Sakesubaki

I'm so bored I can't even do dailies.

I've been gotten so bored at any PSO where I couldn't play it. There was at least something to farm, an enemy that dropped something, etc

But now...

I'm not playing braver. I love scratches like the rest of us, but... That's a few hours tops of dress up, then.. back to the bug filled, empty cities and empty forests.

It's mind boggling how this roll out has been. And one of the worst content maps ever. They are really crazy over there.

And for the love of god can they fix the frigging sound bugs!?? The sampling is busted, I can't run this game through my stereo because it sounds horrible. But nothing has grinded my gears more than the sound delay. Since day one when you land that awful landing sound plays well after you hit the ground. Insanity. Busted shops. Crashing. Texture wackiness.

Wtf are they doing over there!?????

Going to play Genshin. I love PSO but man they are screwing the pooch.

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

And for the love of god can they fix the frigging sound bugs!?? The sampling is busted, I can't run this game through my stereo because it sounds horrible. But nothing has grinded my gears more than the sound delay. Since day one when you land that awful landing sound plays well after you hit the ground. Insanity.

This might be more of a "you" issue. I have yet to encounter a single audio bug.

On the main topic, though: PSO2 in general made me sad. I grew up playing PSO on the Dreamcast and GameCube, and quite a bit of time on PSU on 360. Hours upon hours of play time on them. PSO2 (base and NGS) is a dress-up lobby gacha game, completely missing the mark of what made PSO great in the first place. I am saddened by the current state of PSO2 as a whole.

It really does just bring me down sometimes. I just want to run around and bash things with my wand farming dungeons and bosses and huge waves of enemies with people that are more interested in that than "uwu look how cute/sexy my character is while I stand around in town all day."

😞

Well, NGS had a development time of barely 2 (two) years and we're playing an open beta. This game wasn't ready to be launched, but think of it this way. Two years of development and an at least one year too early release and the game is SO good, not only that but SEGA is actively working on fixes. The gigantix fixes we had made the system very fun and enjoyable. The raw potential this game has is worth supporting. You guys are too negative, think not of today but on the long shot.

They've reduced one of my favorite series into not much more than a lewd outfit simulator. And they removed features from premium on top of making scratch rates worse for some items. They aren't going to get another dime out of me until they show they want to make a good game more than they want to suck the life out of everyone with their cash shop.

@Sakesubaki said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

Really, it only makes sense, STOCKPILE what you can, You may need that special drop Resugir weapon or others to upgrade to the next. I'm just saying., And IF for instance you did the forementioned- those weapons re going to be in such crazy prices in the shops by then. But, Hey- that's just my perspective.

I agree 💯

@El-Zenchi funny how theres no one really lashing out at the open beta comparison anymore. guess reality finally set in, especially after our faborite yootoobers started to say it too.

All you need is an influencer.

@El-Zenchi said in The state of NGS actually makes me sad:

think not of today

Today will determine if there is a tomorrow. If today keeps being the norm, there are not many tomorrows left.