Make NGS CAST Parts non-consumable again

I don't like this change of making ALL CAST parts consumables, versus base game where only the head parts are consumable. It makes it harder on players with alt characters.

Edit: @Fiona-Respha suggested a one-ticket system for these parts; I think this would be a good possible solution.

Maybe make it optional? I always thought it was weird having my body and limbs take up inventory space.

If this is going to be complain about why not complain about everything else the accessories outfits BA IN emotes ect

I'm quite fine with the NGS system, as NGS CAST parts won't take my storage space anymore.

Also in the original PSO2, if I wanted to try various combinations among dozens of CAST parts, I needed to transfer all of the parts item to that character's storage beforehand, which was quite a tedious process. There's no need of such item transfer in NGS, as long as all parts are made account wide. (Although I don't think we'll have such a great variety of NGS-model parts to choose from, at least within the first year of NGS... 😁 )

If the need of two tickets to make a parts account-wide is a problem, then that should be addressed as needing only one ticket for an account-wide registration. Reverting them to non-consumable is a horrible backward step, IMPO.

@Drakaina said in Make NGS CAST Parts non-consumable again:

If this is going to be complain about why not complain about everything else the accessories outfits BA IN emotes ect

This is an off-topic reply.

@Fiona-Respha said in Make NGS CAST Parts non-consumable again:

I'm quite fine with the NGS system, as NGS CAST parts won't take my storage space anymore.

Also in the original PSO2, if I wanted to try various combinations among dozens of CAST parts, I needed to transfer all of the parts item to that character's storage beforehand, which was quite a tedious process. There's no need of such item transfer in NGS, as long as all parts are made account wide. (Although I don't think we'll have such a great variety of NGS-model parts to choose from, at least within the first year of NGS... 😁 )

If the need of two tickets to make a parts account-wide is a problem, then that should be addressed as needing only one ticket for an account-wide registration. Reverting them to non-consumable is a horrible backward step, IMPO.

You would need to do the same thing if you had outfits and multiple alts you wanted to wear them on; outfits haven't been changed to consumable. CASTs are more restricted with cosmetics than any other race as a result, because the parts can now not be swapped around alts at all, nor sold back if you end up not liking them. A one-ticket system for CAST parts would be fine with me.

@Usagi-46 The only NGS model outerwears made available to date were those from a special AC scratch of CBT and they were ticket-type in JP CBT2. I guess these appeared in global CBT too.

It seems to me that making all wears/parts as tickets is a design decision of NGS. The fullwear of starter pack Rappy suit also is a ticket.

Honestly Sega needs to do away with the "you need to use this item twice to make it account bound" crap and make it only take one. It was an arbitrary number before and now with everything being consumable it isn't like players can resell outfits anymore.

@IAMCRAIG said in Make NGS CAST Parts non-consumable again:

Honestly Sega needs to do away with the "you need to use this item twice to make it account bound" crap and make it only take one. It was an arbitrary number before and now with everything being consumable it isn't like players can resell outfits anymore.

I agree with this especially given the items from the scratch bonus aren't even obtainable a second time since you simply can't get them, at all. I think everyone knows this exists for more grind and more pressure to spend money in some instances, but it's a bad system.

@IAMCRAIG

They do away with a lot, the source income is scratches, and I'm definitely not rolling more scratches to get dupes.

This system sucks. I just noticed it and hence I'm googling it and came across this thread. In the past if parts didn't look good you can just put them back on the shop. Now your stuck with it.

Cast parts not taking up storage space seems to be the defense of this change - so why not do that with weapon camos? I'm sure you guys wouldn't like that at all. They still take up storage space and we can still sell them if they end up not working out.

Nothing different with cast parts. It's a crap change, full stop.

@DaiShocker said in Make NGS CAST Parts non-consumable again:

@IAMCRAIG

They do away with a lot, the source income is scratches, and I'm definitely not rolling more scratches to get dupes.

It feels pretty bad when you pay real money for a scratch and get a dupe, not to mention the SG scratch but at least that doesn't have to cost money, I guess. It sucks regardless though.

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in Make NGS CAST Parts non-consumable again:

This system sucks. I just noticed it and hence I'm googling it and came across this thread. In the past if parts didn't look good you can just put them back on the shop. Now your stuck with it.

Cast parts not taking up storage space seems to be the defense of this change - so why not do that with weapon camos? I'm sure you guys wouldn't like that at all. They still take up storage space and we can still sell them if they end up not working out.

Nothing different with cast parts. It's a crap change, full stop.

I'd be fine with it for camos and cast parts if they could be resold later. Your point is taken though, this system overall is just terribly restrictive, and there's a lot of angles that it could be improved and fixed from.