PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.

Client orders

@Weirdo at what level do you think these client orders should be available if they're too low the scammers will just do those

@Weirdo said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

I keep saying they should make COs that give extra shop slots as a reward that stay unlocked so the premium/shop pass benefit stays but all real players can get the ability to sell stuff.

Anything a F2P player could do a bot could do and as I said multiple times now, locking off the ability to sell on the market was an attempt at fixing RMT that either backfired or simply did not work. They should just let free players have the ability to sell on the market back but that wouldn't fix the RMT issue as that was already a problem to begin with.

As I said: The only solution is to give players a legal means of RMT, nothing else works.

@Drakaina Definitely would require finishing the story and I would also think it should also require beating at least one or two UQ's so bots can't do it at least in a short amount of time since they would actually need to train and get gear.

Welp, looks like they went with the other suggestions instead (never let it be known that they don't listen to us users), not surprising (well I mean it kind of is because legit RMT is another cashflow for the game and whoever is responsible for the monetization clearly likes making tons of money so this is literally the one time that that party should have had a say in the game's development).

This isn't going to work. Gating off the cash shop to free users didn't work, they obviously use bots (because I guess working around an outdated piece of software like GameGuard is laughably easy) and the cash shop.

@Drakaina said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

Free to play is a Hard one no matter what you do you cant find a good balance to make everybody happy

I would happily pay a sticker price for the game and a monthly sub if it meant no bots or other arbitrary restrictions like the color changing, the skill resets, etc.

@Mattwo7 said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

Welp, looks like they went with the other suggestions instead (never let it be known that they don't listen to us users), not surprising (well I mean it kind of is because legit RMT is another cashflow for the game and whoever is responsible for the monetization clearly likes making tons of money so this is literally the one time that that party should have had a say in the game's development).

This isn't going to work. Gating off the cash shop to free users didn't work, they obviously use bots (because I guess working around an outdated piece of software like GameGuard is laughably easy) and the cash shop.

For all we know that fix is to only access it to buy not sell, I'd be very surprised if it allows FTP to use the shop to list items, that would 100% make premium useless. I also head we're going to need a title to search fully (by user names, etc). I want to see them implement a title to give F2P a basic 3-10 slot shop access at least.

If t free-to-play players use it they should have an icon to say they are and be limited by how much they can sell per month and how much they can sell for

@LightGamer2016 said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

@Mattwo7 said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

For all we know that fix is to only access it to buy not sell, I'd be very surprised if it allows FTP to use the shop to list items, that would 100% make premium useless. I also head we're going to need a title to search fully (by user names, etc). I want to see them implement a title to give F2P a basic 3-10 slot shop access at least.

I think instead of looking at opening up the product shop making premium useless it'd be better to consider how premium could be improved to be worth using without heavily impacting f2p players in a negative way. I don't even have an issue paying a subscription for an MMO either, have done so for years with many but when simple things like color changing and skill resets among others are still inaccessible regardless of if I'm premium or not, and the main reason in NGS currently is just an EXP boost, I don't find it valuable at all. The shop pass is even a separate, and lesser purchase(Which I think f2p players should have some degree of access to anyway to provide more competition and buyers which would lessen inflation).

Yet so many don't even want to pay 7 bucks for the shop by itself. If they can't even afford that I don't know what to tell people then. 🙄 🤷

@LightGamer2016 said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

Yet so many don't even want to pay 7 bucks for the shop by itself. If they can't even afford that I don't know what to tell people then. 🙄 🤷

Not an issue of affording. I've said before in various places I'd happily pay a "box" price for this game and possibly a subscription like standard MMORPGs if it meant 99% of the monetization/restrictions in player freedom were done away with. But not everyone should be forced to pay money just to use a simple auction house system with this being f2p.