PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.

I know Blizzard is kind of a touchy subject at the moment but they invented the perfect way to combat RMT: The WoW token. The WoW token can be bought with real money and auctioned off ingame for gold and the buying player can redeem it for subscription time.

In this particular case, a PSO2 token it should just be vendorable for tons of Meseta/N-Mesta and should work with both PSO2 and PSO2NGS.

Restricting F2P players from selling on the market did not fix the problem. Not unlike with illegal copying of software (which is neither piracy nor theft), the problem is one of availability and ease of access and if anything, you actually made the problem WORSE! That is, the only way to combat illegal RMT is to provide a legal alternative.

Money should not be shared between base and new Genesis people have billions upon billions worth of money

And could you explain the token a bit more I don't understand it

Your 1000 year old money is no good. Too much inflation made it worthless.

@Weirdo not to you but example

If you want a single might 1 took off 10 million that's what it would be if money was transferable

@Drakaina said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

Money should not be shared between base and new Genesis people have billions upon billions worth of money

Not what I meant. I meant the token should be usable in both. Not that the meseta should be transferable, I don't understand why you misunderstood this.

This page will probably explain it better than I ever could.... In spite of my extensive vocabulary, conjugating words is just not my strong suit. Clearly not if you were confused in a way that confused me as previously mentioned. I must be worse at it than I can comprehend... https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-token

Oh you mean the AC and SG exchange badges don't you.

I missed a word that's why

The token in WoW works like this: You buy a virtual item (the so called token) with real money. You then put that token into the ingame auction house and people can buy it as they can buy regular items with ingame currency. This token can then be redeemed by the buyer for a subscription.

The token he suggests in his opening post is basically a very expensive alpha reactor that you can buy for real money and sell in either NGS or base for the respective currency. Since this would create money from nothing, rather than redistribute it, it would accelerate inflation.

That said, there already exists a way to convert real money into game currency: Selling AC scratch items. At the core, it works like the token, the exchange rate is just random because gacha.

make $ items only sell 1 time and no more resellers. I do not like to sell $ items if it costs little because I know they will resell it:D

@Weirdo said in PSO2 Token to combat the RMT bots and RMT in general.:

Oh you mean the AC and SG exchange badges don't you.

No, that's another thing entirely and doesn't really work for F2P players. As i mentioned before, cutting off F2P players from selling on the market only made things worse as it's a matter of availability and ease of access. There's a very real chance that more people may be resorting to illicit means of increasing their meseta. Or at the very least, the bots are probably more aggressive because of it.

They really need to take actions to help f2p. I don't want any of my f2p friends to quit the game just because they can't afford anything.

Free to play is a Hard one no matter what you do you cant find a good balance to make everybody happy

Maybe giving free-to-play players access to the shop but limiting how much they can actually sell and how much they can sell for per xx

I keep saying they should make COs that give extra shop slots as a reward that stay unlocked so the premium/shop pass benefit stays but all real players can get the ability to sell stuff.

What does that mean COs