If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem

alt text

@Gilver-Redgrave

No one is complaining that people have fun.

I have browsed forums, reddit, etc. and I can tell you people are absolutely getting upset that people are having fun. A recent example from reddit was someone being downvoted for saying "I'm so excited" (something really close to that) in a reply to the NGS headline thread. People expressing that they are having fun are also subject to getting treated poorly or rude replies (for example, the aforementioned person on reddit who got downvoted had a reply saying "excited for what?" (something really close to that) - that reply, of course, was upvoted).

These people having fun are not arguing that the game is fine as is, they are only expressing that they are having fun, and yet they are being harassed anyway.

@LusterMain the main reason people are met with that on this website, idk about all the others, is that literally every single time an issue would be brought up, even for the first time, people like Xeno were there assuming what wasn’t said “in between the lines” and why people got to that conclusion instead of acknowledging the issue being presented. Never discussing the issue at all but instead trying to bury it, every single time. Things like “Back to the topic” literally immediately after he started a whole tangent himself because it didn’t work in his favor. Pretty sure that led to the more “antagonistic” approach most people inherently bring with their grievances now, on this website at least (surely for me)

If you’re having fun and you have reasons for it, that’s fine. If you’re going out of your way to paint a narrative and try silencing dissent as he and others regularly were it is not. A majority of the people that were doing that like himself, Zeke, anarchy, and fattest leg all stopped posting on these forums after that “where your money at?” survey dropped. Not saying everyone who likes the game does that, but it’s a majority who say they “like” it. That happening while Sega themselves is pretending nothing’s wrong and it’s business as usual are probably the largest causes for what you’re talking about (from people ik at least). It isn’t okay or good that it’s like that, but there’s reasons why it’s happening

@PBJ-Time

Admittedly, it does not really happen here - everyone who gets jumped for claiming to have fun is either really obviously trying to make a point about it or there's a misunderstanding. On reddit, however, it is very common and you can pretty easily find many instances of it happening if you're willing to dig through that many posts for some reason.

@PBJ-Time said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

That happening while Sega themselves is pretending nothing’s wrong and it’s business as usual is probably the largest cause for what you’re talking about. It isn’t okay or good that it’s like that, but there’s reasons why it’s happening

Did you see the "Thanks to all who've supported our launch!~ 🎉" from the latest Twitter too? Cause yeah, I have no words at the "wording" of it.

You are trying to take away people’s enjoyment of the game through a bandwagon protest mentality. If you want to complain take it to the suggestion part of the forums and not generalize discussion.

@Rain-Gnyu said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

You are trying to take away people’s enjoyment of the game through a bandwagon protest mentality. If you want to complain take it to the suggestion part of the forums and not generalize discussion.

If the thread isn't locked with a GM saying please take it to suggestions, the thread is in a correct place.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

@Rain-Gnyu said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

If the thread isn't locked with a GM saying please take it to suggestions, the thread is in a correct place.

Goes both ways......don’t complain.

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

Goes both ways......don’t complain.

Where was I complaining in what you quoted me?

@Rain-Gnyu There is no bandwagon. Not all complaints are going to be suggestions. Some are just feedback that is intended to help pinpoint flaws in the game. Also, they are useful for gauging the overall state of the game. It is pretty clear that currently the state of NGS is not fine.

If someone is complaining, it means they still care enough about the game to exert the effort to complain. If someone has truly given up on the game, they silently leave.

alt text

So until people have given up all hope, they are going to keep pointing things out, keep comparing things to other games that are doing things right, and these type of conversations are just going to continue on the forums.

@El-Zenchi said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

The toxic subjective negative reviews and comments will kill the game far faster than SEGA.

People like OP will be the reason NGS global will shut down before anything is released.

At this step it's going to be a miracle if we make it to the very first expansion.

If the game dies because the reviews and comments are negative, then that is Sega's fault, not the players. Make a better game and both reviews and comments turn into positive ones. Pretty simple logic really.

There aren't even many people commenting on these forums, we make up less than 1% of the overall player count. It's the silent majority that will decide the future of the game, and the silent majority are leaving.

@AngryRhombus563 said in If You Put People Down for Having Legitimate Complaints You are Part of the Problem:

Then theres those that attack you for liking some aspect of a game. I dislike a lot of things about the game, but i dont have to hate all of it if all of it isnt worthy of hate.

Yeah I don't think the game is terrible in every possible aspect, but I want to see SEGA make the game live up to it's potential when it really matters, because the impressions now determine whether people will want to come back later or not.

I've always found it strange that those who try to express their views and ideas to make a game better for everyone else are always met with criticism, and sometimes hostility, by those who argue "...but I'm having fun", or another argument. It just seems silly; Why would you want to actively argue against ideas that offer the potential of giving yourself, and others, more things to enjoy in said game? And even if one may personally disagree with another's idea and make the choice to not engage with it, should it be implemented, others might appreciate and have fun with it, which in turn means a healthier playerbase, which is beneficial for all of us.

MMO's notoriously have a wide range of various systems in place to appease multiple players and their varying playstyles. Some may enjoy gathering/crafting and focus more on that, others might like running dungeons/killing rare mobs for loot, etc. The more successful MMO's do offer their players this level of variety within the game to maintain a healthy balance. However, even with these available systems, some publishers/developers will still run a game into the ground due to their less than stellar way of managing the game. Whether that be from implementing pricey pay to win systems, as well as a cash shop with expensive mounts/costumes, and a lack of communication with their players, etc... ya know, the standard playbook NCSoft tends to follow. Point is, no matter how good a game is, if the players feel that developers/publishers are following a particular pattern that they see as being potentially detrimental to the games longevity, they will point it out and express their concerns.

At the end of the day, we are all fans of the game. We want to see NGS to succeed, and while we have differences of opinions, and yes, we all can get pretty heated at times, it is because many of us grew up with, and are subsequently, passionate about the franchise. I, and others, that are still here expressing our thoughts remain because we want the game to be better, for everyone currently playing, and for those who may come later. If you enjoy the game as it is now, that is wonderful. Ideally, no one should be attempting to undermine those if they find the game to be fun. At the same time, no one should attempt to undermine those who offer suggestions/ideas in the hopes of improving the game.

Internet is going to internet though.

Maybe because (like myself) people want to play Sega’s game not your game. Some people seem to think they know what a game should look and feel like. But 9 times out of 10 they are self proclaimed expert and they really don’t know shit. They are just critic trying to develop a bandwagon following to gain attention and influence to manipulate the game in their favor. It is a misdirected mentality.........if you don’t believe me. Just listen to most of these YouTubers and witnesses the pattern for yourself.

Maybe because (like myself) people want to play Sega’s game not your game. Some people seem to think they know what a game should look and feel like. But 9 times out of 10 they are self proclaimed expert and they really don’t know shit. They are just critic trying to develop a bandwagon following to gain attention and influence to manipulate the game in their favor. It is a misdirected mentality.........if you don’t believe me. Just listen to most of these YouTubers and witnesses the pattern for yourself.

Well until these developers pay them.....then it peaches and cream. Some not all let me clarify!