Auto Chat: How Not To Treat A Player As an NPC

I've been seeing a rise in complaints of players who don't want to see Autochat, as well as those who are rude to Autochat users.

Here's a list of all the locations where you can simply turn off Autochat.

The Cut-In system is flawed as large by design, so all you as the Autochat player can do is be as considerate as possible through cutting down your CIs into as minimal trigger conditions as possible.

Please remember to be considerate of different playstyles and keep complaints to yourself as well.

Players will utilize Mature rated phrases and interpretations, as PSO2 NGS is a Mature rated game with a longstanding culture in PSO2.

(Online interactions not rated by ESRB or PEGI.)

So quite frankly, this is the "Don't like it, turn it off," solution which PSO2 hands Anti-RP users through the options menu.

I highly recommend turning off Auto Chat in log.

Screenshot_160.jpg

The categories:

Screenshot_161.jpg Screenshot_162.jpg Screenshot_163.jpg Screenshot_164.jpg Screenshot_165.jpg

I'm someone who likes the autochat system when it is used properly, even when cut-ins are set (I have a few set, but only on things that go off once or twice), its the idiots who abuse the system that wind up hitting my blocklist (those who have cut-ins going off every few seconds).

Now turning off autochats in the log is a must since that reduces the message spam there, I have had that set since PSO2 because some of the NPC followers you had to bring on quests for their COs just can't seem to shut up.

The autochat system itself can be fun and useful since you can add to the character's personality (My main uses a bunch of pop-culture or machine references, and my alt uses a bunch of mystic or kitsune/fox girl references) or relay information (I have low HP and getting KOed set to try to get help from other players for examples).

I personally don't like it when players call it spam, because it really is just a flaw in the system design to allow CIs wherever players want.

There remains a lack of timer with regards to Autochat trigger cooldown, so players with CIs regarding to victory or Trial Start really have no control over how often mobs will spawn. (Which brings everyone back to the default off option.)

@MasterDarkwingz said in Auto Chat: How Not To Treat A Player As an NPC:

Players will utilize Mature rated phrases and interpretations, as PSO2 NGS is a Mature rated game with a longstanding culture in PSO2. (Online interactions not rated by ESRB or PEGI.) So quite frankly, this is the "Don't like it, turn it off," solution which PSO2 hands Anti-RP users through the options menu.

There is no reason for any of that to be in anyone's autowords unless they are attention deprived. Twice now I've seen players with sexual crap in their autowords which of course they would add "/a" on top of as well and I'm not going to turn off autowords because of these sorts of special people. I'll blacklist them instantly instead.

@Vashzaron Autochats should still be subject to the censorship detection.

So if it really was that bad, I'm thinking that you should've instead taken a screenshot and shared it in the ticket system.