This game has no future until we get a new director

Even japanese players want him out. Take a hint, SEGA.

@Yeah-Yeah-Beebiss said in This game has no future until we get a new director:

I love Sega and the Phantasy Star franchise but they always seem to be disconnected with the player base. The way Yuji Naka reacted in this article says a lot about Sega. And I am afraid the current director of PSO 2 would react the same if told something negative:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/7/15222852/peter-moore-sega-yuji-naka

I'd like to point out that he's(Yuji Naka) not in charge of PSO anything anymore and Sonic Team stopped being the team behind PSO after PSU. I don't know if it's ironic, poetic justice or what.

I'm still of the belief that removing the current director is not the right solution. The whole board needs to GTFO.

@Ki-Rin said in This game has no future until we get a new director:

Got any sources for this? Yes JP players are not happy with the game, but typically don't go after individuals. You might get a comment or 2 here and there, but I think you can hardly place the blame on just 1 person for the current state of the game.

@HarmlessSyan said in This game has no future until we get a new director:

@Ki-Rin said in This game has no future until we get a new director:

Got any sources for this? Yes JP players are not happy with the game, but typically don't go after individuals. You might get a comment or 2 here and there, but I think you can hardly place the blame on just 1 person for the current state of the game.

You would be very wrong about Japanese people not singling out people and going after them. Like I'm talking to the point where it has caused some people to commit suicide as a result (note that I'm using this as an example as to how far people from Japan CAN go and isn't a statement that the JP PSO2 playerbase is like or has done this). They aren't really all that different from us in a lot of ways and regularly we keep making the same mistake of treating Japan and its culture like it isn't changing constantly and that their viewpoints are different from our own to the point of being alien.

Anywho, sorry for going off topic a bit there.

@IAMCRAIG I am talking about people not happy with the current state of the game holding 1 specific person responsible. JP don't have forums so I can only really go off things like twitter replies - there is no placing blame on a sole individual unlike what's happening here and on PSO-World. They are more targeting the whole operating team 運営 when it comes to problems, all the persistent bugs since launch and skipping maints when there's still so many bugs in the game. (though they are understanding for the next skipped maint on 8/11 since its Obon/Bon Festival week)

@HarmlessSyan I think if you look real hard you might find one. There are some spicy twitter comments once translated just in the twitter feed for the August update alone 😮

unknown_2021.07.31-09.12.png https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1419990451147317249

@AngryRhombus563 EH, that's some odd translation

Let's take Mayane's post and do a deepl instead

雨乞いイベント?辺りからログインしなくなったのですが、次の新しい緊急の奴って動画を見る限りPSO2時代のバスター緊急みたいなのにみえるのですが?あれってひいき目に言って苦行緊急だったような。開発の方はキチンとプレイとかされてますか?って聞きたいです。

I stopped logging in around the rainmaking event? I stopped logging in around the rainmaking event, but the next new emergency looks like the buster emergency from the PSO2 days from the video. I don't know, but I think it was a painful emergency. I'd like to ask the developers if they've been playing it properly? I'd like to hear about it.

@HarmlessSyan Google does weird things at times, but I get the picture.

I'm incredibly dissapointed with the current state of NGS to be honest right now. Lemme list the points why:

• No content to indulge yourself in. Thats right, there are no challenges, no forms of extreme quests to challenges yourself. And no, I dont consider cocoons/towers, I only see them as tutorials/quests to get class points, and do not provide any interesting I would consider instant action challenge that extreme quests did in base PSO2.

• This is not NGS specific, but it still applies on the critical state of PSO2/NGS. The market is completely skewed up, especialy in base PSO2 and so is in NGS. NGS has the problems as F2P players do not have any other option to earn meseta other than the weeklies which do not give much, F2P players cannot use the market awell to sell items for meseta and thats dissapointing. It's bad because NGS is already suffering from Market inflation because of the RMT'ers and bots.

• Also, in base PSO2 players had Daily orders from Fina which also used as a way to earn meseta, and they we're updated daily with something new to try, I also consider this a part of content fun to tackle. Although thats not relevant anymore considering how SEGA has completely skewed up the market in base PSO2 with Cradle of Darkness, seriously small cosmetic and accesories cost over 200 million meseta, what the fuck... I blame this both on SEGA's terrible practice with Cradle and those Insanely greedy whales putting insane astronomical prices on the market.

• NGS Fashion is awful, to simply put it. NGS fashions do not have any style whatsoever, most NGS scrathes is just either little girl dresses and maids and thats all. Base PSO2 offers much more interesting variety in fashion, you could make your character anything with base PSO2 selection of fashion items, you cannot do much with the NGS fashion. I also find it so funny that all of the NGS fashion basewears do not support any outerwear, let alone none of the scratches have any NGS outerwear. It's pretty much Outfits but in the basewear section, it does not make any sense whatsoever and it is so limiting as NGS fashion forces you into certain style and does not give you any variety.

• Base PSO2 scratches offered like 5 different sets of Outerwears, basewears and innerwears, combine this with the addition of outfits and so many accessories aswell, thats alot, and it supported good variety, something that NGS scratches pale so much.

I wouldn't simply put the blame entirely on SEGA per-say, The real problem was the Gold -bot sellers, there was no real way to remediate that problem. It was a problem so wide-spread, It's like trying to get rid of a Hive of roaches, They only way to do that,Is to evacuate everyone and fumigate the entire facility, Conversely -That is not an option that can be done so easily.

And there is also the added individual player greed, Which just add more to the exisisting problem as it is.

@Charus said in This game has no future until we get a new director:

Although thats not relevant anymore considering how SEGA has completely skewed up the market in base PSO2 with Cradle of Darkness, seriously small cosmetic and accesories cost over 200 million meseta, what the fuck... I blame this both on SEGA's terrible practice with Cradle and those Insanely greedy whales putting insane astronomical prices on the market.

I'm sure Cradle of Darkness is partly to blame, but i'm also sure after NGS was announced, people went all the way to buy everything they were postponing in the shop, which cause only the ludicrously overpriced things to be left behind. Of course they got the money to buy all that thanks to Cradle of Darkness, so yeah.

Man those Twitter roasts are harsher than us!

@Milk There were some nasty ones on one of the live streams too. Seems JP players are fed up just like most people in NA.

Even after logging in today to do my daily stuff I saw people in central city talking about the state of the game. lol

@Milk @Zenny If there is anything I learned, JP players take things rather seriously as they take time spent very seriously.

@Archetype-Luna said in This game has no future until we get a new director:

@Milk @Zenny If there is anything I learned, JP players take things rather seriously as they take time spent very seriously.

Considering the work culture there, it makes sense since they have very little free time to begin with.