NGS Personal shop access adjustment

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement62451

They are now completely locking the shop until players have completed the story quest Aina’s Resolve, to help prevent fraud. Which is the quest you get after completing the Mt Magnus story mission.

This should hopefully help reduce the bot problem, has they will actually need to play the game to beat Nogaleth? it will also make red box farming less efficient, possible to the point where it’s no longer worth doing? At the moment you can run around the map has soon has you complete the Aelio town tutorial, and could farm the boxes in about 30-40 mins. With this change you would now need to go the central city, go to 2 rykrus devices, complete 2 cocoons, raise your BP to 830, and complete Mt Magnus story section.

I say its part of the fight against RMT. This and SA change both are just well timed and have the convenience of killing two or more birds with one stone.

Hey, it's you. Turns out redbox farming was FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY after all, as such is written in the article you linked.

I still remember how you tried to enforce players to do redbox farm lmao.

It's just a band-aid that slightly slow the farming down.

As if getting to Mt Magnus story takes all that long, and people are getting alt accounts higher and beyond this point to do all the weeklies

@El-Zenchi I would point out that just like with your email about why you were suspended, mo where in that article is the words 'red box'.

@HarmlessSyan And theyd have been using the account normally, not thowing it away after 1 task. Ive said before that nothing bads going to happen to people performing normal activities with thier accounts within the games parameters. nothing wrong with lvling another accout char, putting up with all the gating, to do more weeklies and dailies per week/day. Throw away after the 1 thing is what RMT would be doing

@El-Zenchi said in NGS Personal shop access adjustment:

Hey, it's you. Turns out redbox farming was FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY after all, as such is written in the article you linked.

I still remember how you tried to enforce players to do redbox farm lmao.

Erm what? I’ve never enforced people to do red box farming, I’ve never even done that myself. All I’ve ever said was sega said it’s ok to make alt accounts has long has you dont participate in RMT, which sega said in their support ticket replies. I even said sega should do something about the red boxes for the simple fact it was being used by the RMT bots.

Yes fraud, has in RMT, which sega has always said is against TOS.

It'll slow down red box farming, but I doubt it'll stop it. You can get to that point in the story with just a little extra time. Income from red boxes even having to progress to that point is still gonna be faster than weeklies. Basically it's a slowdown on inflation, but not a stop.

They just need a one-time price of N-Meseta to open up the personal shop. Make it around 500k and then red box farming becomes pointless.