[PSO2+NGS] Idle Inactivity Timeout to save resources & give real depiction of player population

Log off players after a certain amount of time of idling.

• AFK Timeout can reduce server stress and resources.
  • Give devs a better understanding of population peak times to better schedule UQ/event/etc times.
  • Create a better impression to players as to who is available to chat & group up with.

tl;dr: I should not be able to go into player downtimes, go into a full block, and see AFK players filling the block, giving the wrong impression of how is available to play with.

This is a bad idea I believe sometimes I just wait in the lobby for events to come and or my friends to come online so I will be pretty annoyed if the game kept on kicking me off

In central city/hub area no idle timer, in combat areas there should be an inactive timer.

If you are in central city I don't care how long you are idle. I like checking out players posing and phashion. In combat areas, I shouldn't join a 28 player room where 6 people are idle at the ryuker when gigantix is in sight down the hill.

I agree with OP, but PSO2/PSO2NGS isn't populated enough to warrant an AFK timeout feature. All for it if we miraculously got a bigger playerbase though.

@Drakaina said in [PSO2+NGS] Idle Inactivity Timeout to save resources & give real depiction of player population:

This is a bad idea I believe sometimes I just wait in the lobby for events to come and or my friends to come online so I will be pretty annoyed if the game kept on kicking me off

I mean you could just move around in the game before the AFK timer would trigger every few minutes if that's your only issue.

Another solution could be to make AFK blocks that the game automatically sends you to if you've been inactive for whatever time the AFK timer would use (and make that the only way to access them, and maybe have it kick you back to a regular block when you move again), that way anyone that went AFK too long could still see storms and be able to join in on UQs without being in regular blocks, which give people incorrect impressions of the number of active players there.

I think maybe 30-45 minutes (or maybe even an hour?) would be good times to set for the AFK timers? If you're not completely AFK, surely you can just move around every once in a while within that time, without feeling like you have to do it constantly.

I disagree with the inactive kick completely because like they said there is not enough activity to even warrant it and some people just need to suddenly go ( bathroom break/ food / child / emergency )

Because I have afk for way over 3 hours in the North waiting for the giga I was not away from the console I was on my laptop and phone just waiting

And besides the recommended time that someone said 5 to 10 minutes is not long enough

@Drakaina Again if they had a system like this and you went AFK for 3 hours and are unwilling to simply move your character around every once in a while to reset the timer that would be entirely on you.

I do think 10 minutes is too short for NGS though, because there's not really a reason you have to be that active (and in the field where that would matter enemies always seem to eventually go after you no matter where you stand and kill you if you afk anyway). It would just be a nice thing to alleviate some stress on the servers and give people more accurate numbers of what blocks they should join if they want to interact with people though.

Hello,

I am totally against this proposition to put an afk timer logging us off.

As a roleplayer, it happens all the time that I am waiting in the lobby, if someone logs in, ready to play with anyone interested to. For Gigantix and often veteran, I am in combat zone waiting their spawn or eventually for another unknown player for help him. I also waiting for UQ often.

Put an afk timer would be a powerful frustration's source for anyone, even your friends, and will not fix the lag of the game because people will doesn't stop to log in and log off because kicked.

Please, don't add that.