The fight in "Plotting the Ultimate Defense" Story Quest has issues on Hardcore/Normal due to not having access to level 80. (Story Spoilers)

I attempted this quest a bit ago and felt that it was oddly more trying than usual. I noticed that enemies were level 80 and I was not, which shouldn't be that bad. However the AIS in this mission is scaled to my level and not the level of the mission/enemies. For reference, my AIS laser against the core area does 150kish. As you may see in the video below, the laser does 250k damage from this player in the same quest with the same setting. Bear in mind this damage ratio applied to all attacks. As you might guess, this makes the mission much, much more difficult to complete, not even taking account the defense and hp differences inherent in a lower leveled AIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAICw-iLidE

Given this, it is likely not possible to meet the strict requirements for S rank on this quest at this time and any player attempting it will have a far harder time than a normal player on the Japanese server due to the scaling, not to mention lack of access to higher level and crafted PAs.

While we will eventually have access to these things assumedly, a temporary nerf/scale down to the player in this mission, or at least an AIS level scale up, may be a good solution for the moment since the quest is available. As is, it is honestly rather unfair.

The mission in the mining facility against [Apprentice] and the towers is meant to be level 80. The quest says "Hard / Difficult Content" in the JP version on the quest/mission description. In fact, when this was originally released, players were capped at 65-70 in JP. But the content was also meant for 4+ players.

Similarly, all the NPC Partner Solo quests leading up to this are all level 80 and have the same difficulty warning.

@coldreactive said in The fight in "Plotting the Ultimate Defense" Story Quest has issues on Hardcore/Normal due to not having access to level 80. (Story Spoilers):

The mission in the mining facility against [Apprentice] and the towers is meant to be level 80. The quest says "Hard / Difficult Content" in the JP version on the quest/mission description. In fact, when this was originally released, players were capped at 65-70 in JP. But the content was also meant for 4+ players.

Similarly, all the NPC Partner Solo quests leading up to this are all level 80 and have the same difficulty warning.

I could do without the know-it-all attitude. I played JP since the closed beta. I'm very aware of where things were. And you should be well aware that the omnibus quests came in well after this content was released there. The omnibus quests were released in Episode 5, well after the players would have gotten to these levels. Players were capped at level 75, by the way, as you should know too.

Also, it should be very obvious, but this quest was balanced differently due to it coming later. Your suggestion of it being clearable at lower levels is also irrelevant due to the enemies in such quests also being lower leveled. Please do your research before typing misinformation like this.

Here is a video of a day 1 run by the way. Cheers:

https://youtu.be/NBo4Y-zHGck

I played FoTe Lv 75, and I clear all the story on hardcore mode with just a 10* snow banshee unit set (1s Elder Soul Affix), and a 20% Light 13* Caduceus (default affix form the badge shop) With time and practice you can clear it with a S rank. -NTwM3PuQI.jpg xbj49Gn.jpg

@Shachao said in The fight in "Plotting the Ultimate Defense" Story Quest has issues on Hardcore/Normal due to not having access to level 80. (Story Spoilers):

With time and practice you can clear it with a S rank. -NT

Congratulations. You simply proved my theory. alt text

@Shachao so you beat it on easy mode?