Defense quest is an urgent quest

Capture p.PNG

The only bit of content is more time gated garbage until winter hits. This game is a complete joke and now I genuinely hope it dies out completely. This game has less content and more cashgrab junk than a mobile game. Shame on you Sega.

That was easily the worst part of Headline for me too. It's been called "Defense Quest" for months now as though it'd be a repeatable activity and today that name was nowhere to be seen, instead it's "New Urgent Quest Mining Rig Defense".

If it was repeatable it'd have - and need to have - a lot of variety features, Divide Quest style. We're talking different locations (heck knows there are enough open flat areas throughout Aelio to host towers), different threats and environmental modifiers, and so on. Instead we're likely to get one very static UQ in only one location with the same waves every time so not only is it time-gated to demand we can't play it when we want and might need to play it when we don't want, but it'll become stale almost immediately and we won't want to do it anyway.

I just... don't get it. Did they never register everyone's feedback that Divide Quests were good and static Urgent Quests were bad?

So so sad. We still have no UQ schedule too. Thanks Sega.

@Miraglyth said in Defense quest is an urgent quest:

That was easily the worst part of Headline for me too. It's been called "Defense Quest" for months now as though it'd be a repeatable activity and today that name was nowhere to be seen, instead it's "New Urgent Quest Mining Rig Defense".

If it was repeatable it'd have - and need to have - a lot of variety features, Divide Quest style. We're talking different locations (heck knows there are enough open flat areas throughout Aelio to host towers), different threats and environmental modifiers, and so on. Instead we're likely to get one very static UQ in only one location with the same waves every time so not only is it time-gated to demand we can't play it when we want and might need to play it when we don't want, but it'll become stale almost immediately and we won't want to do it anyway.

I just... don't get it. Did they never register everyone's feedback that Divide Quests were good and static Urgent Quests were bad?

Its sega. This was like the entirety of PSO2. They only got their crap together during episode 6 with a completely new director. They don't know what they are doing and they certainly don't care to learn. Their one and only goal is to sell as much ac tickets as possible since fools keep eating that garbage up.

@SalutexMO I'm guessing that director left after 6? Why have we got the one who did 5 again?

@SalutexMO said in Defense quest is an urgent quest:

@Miraglyth said in Defense quest is an urgent quest:

Its sega. This was like the entirety of PSO2.

Except Extreme, Advance, Ultimate, Ridroid, Buster, Endless and Divide Quests which were all play-whenever. NGS basically has regular combat and nothing else. For the roadmap to say "Defense Quest" for nearly 7 weeks makes us think it's a separate quest type to Urgent Quests. So it's still a disappointment to reveal it's not.

Triggers will save us...

@El-Zenchi said in Defense quest is an urgent quest:

Triggers will save us...

Unless the quest itself is garbage. Considering it's a defence quest, which are universally terrible, it's seems likely. More like unique and/or better rewards will give the false impression that the quest is popular. Gonna have some limited time SG rewards at least for completing it.

@Zenny said in Defense quest is an urgent quest:

@SalutexMO I'm guessing that director left after 6? Why have we got the one who did 5 again?

He's "item part director" for NGS...

NGS was being worked on at the same time as Episode 6, so while YSOK directed Ep6, HMZK (Ep5's director) directed NGS.

As predicted. They really think 20m of content every 4-8 hours is worthy of a 3 month update. lol. This game was RELEASED in maintenance mode.

I hated the version of this in PSO2, was really looking forward to something else.

@Shiyo said in Defense quest is an urgent quest:

As predicted. They really think 20m of content every 4-8 hours is worthy of a 3 month update. lol. This game was RELEASED in maintenance mode.

The fact that this is even apart of their designing philosophy shows that NGS is doomed no matter how long its left in the oven because its being handled by incompetent developers

Yes, the issue is management not sources. There is no hope for this game.

I'm fine with this mining defense quest being an urgent quest, but, I'm not fine with the lack of permanent content to go along the release of this urgent quest.

So much for the dev team saying that they want a balance between urgent quest and non-urgent quest content...

They should scrap the randomness of urgent quests. They don't respect players time. Make all the content accessible through other means. They could have some form of event that happens in the open world that leads up to the big event which would be the boss fight or base defence.