Official NGS forum when

Games been out two months now and still no official forum for your flagship title. I know it's not a big deal and we all just use the base PSO forum to talk about NGS anyway. The optics just does not look good and makes you wonder how much Sega really cares about the Global version

Just another thing that wasn't ready. Seems to be the problem with everything about this game.

This is the official NGS forum since SEGA decided both games would share the title of “Phantasy Star Online 2”. If the game was named something different like “Phantasy Star Online 3” then they’d either have to rename the website to the Phantasy Star Online forums which would still incorporate PSO2 and maybe even PSO or then they’d just make a new website.

@NotWhoUThink said in Official NGS forum when:

This is the official NGS forum since SEGA decided both games would share the title of “Phantasy Star Online 2”. If the game was named something different like “Phantasy Star Online 3” then they’d either have to rename the website to the Phantasy Star Online forums which would still incorporate PSO2 and maybe even PSO or then they’d just make a new website.

If you go to the NGS site and click on forums it says "NGS Forums coming soon" or something along those lines.

https://ngs.pso2.com/forum

Maybe SEGA NA is already thinking about shutting down PSO2 Global, so they aren't bothering with the other basic infrastructures tied to the game. (Hint, hint, SEGA NA. Get your act together. You're running this thing like a kickstart project, you realize that?)

SEGA of Japan is in charge not SEGA of America.

@Weirdo for game development yes, but for the global community side of thing it was ESTsoft handling it and the head of marketing + commmunity manager were let go/end of contract at the end of June. Their tweets say their duties are now in the hands of SEGA of America.

@HarmlessSyan said in Official NGS forum when:

@Weirdo for game development yes, but for the global community side of thing it was ESTsoft handling it and the head of marketing + commmunity manager were let go/end of contract at the end of June. Their tweets say their duties are now in the hands of SEGA of America.

The tweet was actually just referencing social media if I'm remembering correctly. I'd link but I can't find the tweet right now. Maybe someone else has the link.

There hasn't been any clarification on who is managing the website. I get a feeling SEGA Japan is managing the English site now. The way updates are being posted on the Global NGS site feels very similar to the JP PSO2 site. Everything is organized very similarly to the JP site.

Which, wouldn't be surprising, that seems to be how NGS is being managed. With SEGA Japan doing everything. I remember seeing the NGS launch trailer and thinking It's so different feeling compared to earlier PSO2 global trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MBi0IkJ8Bg

Not necessarily a bad change, just an observation.

SEGA Japan has always been managing Global game operations. ESTsoft was just helping with building the community and website updates.

@Photon_Cat ESTsoft has web developers listed in PSO2's credits. One of them https://www.migsadventure.com/en lists both global base PSO2 and NGS websites and parts of the site he is responsible for. So at the very least, part of it was or still is with ESTsoft.

@HarmlessSyan said in Official NGS forum when:

@Photon_Cat ESTsoft has web developers listed in PSO2's credits. One of them https://www.migsadventure.com/en lists both global base PSO2 and NGS websites and parts of the site he is responsible for. So at the very least, part of it was or still is with ESTsoft.

I'd believe that yes, the site does still feel similar to the the old PSO2 site. I'm just more so referring to the way updates are currently being posted.

The old PSO2 global site also had a lot of personality in their update posts. Which the NGS site is a lot more straight forward and to the point. Very business-like almost. You can definitely tell it's not the same team posting updates anymore.

It really doesn't matter either way though. this is just silly speculation on my part.

Although I really did enjoy how passionate the ESTsoft team was about the game. but business is business i suppose.

I'm just happy the game is being localized and given full attention by SEGA. I really don't care who is managing content and updates for the website. As long as this doesn't turn into the next official English PSU server i'm all good!