Extreme Quests need a good editing pass.

Extreme Quests need work pretty severely. The rules for each round are parsed so poorly that sometimes it's really difficult to tell what's going on. Every single round is like this. It'd be nice if a formatting pass was done on these quests! Thanks! ^^

EUFsBjCUUAEkH8-.jpg

If you mean the window looks confusing, then that's how it is in the JP version too. If you can suggest how exactly you would change it, other than highlighting what specifically is confusing, please say that instead. Like, how you would want the dialogue to be formatted, where you would place parts of the dialogue instead, etc.

@coldreactive Look at the red circle. That sentence is formatted strangely.

It SHOULD say "Take down 1 Fang Banser within 180 seconds, from the front".

While the (translated) JP version still has weird parsing, it's nowhere near as bad as what we have in the US version right now. (Screenshot below from the JP version) Untitled.png

Oh yeah, definitely should change the US version's text you linked/showed. It should read "Within 180 seconds: Take down 1 Fang Banser from the front."

Basically the issue is that the Stage Order text-chunks are being arranged in Japanese sentence structure:

180秒以内に正面からファングバンサーを1体倒せ

(180秒以内に) (正面から) (ファングバンサーを) (1体倒せ)

(within 180 seconds) (from the front) (Fang Banser) (defeat 1)

@AndrlCh Yeah, I figured it'd be something like that. But the JP Translation handles it in a pretty reasonable way, but the current text on the NA version looks really rough.

I just want to point out that the team did an AWESOME JOB fixing these in the latest patch!! I'm VERY impressed, and these descriptions are now even better than the JP Version's English translation! Great job guys!! alt text

@QBlockGaming there are still some in the Forest and Dragons EQs with that formatting error.

Really the translation in general needs a serious overhaul, it's very lazy. Makes me wonder if TVTropes has a trope for literal cut and paste translations. (Because the cut and past translation trope means something completely different)

@QBlockGaming said in Extreme Quests need a good editing pass.:

I just want to point out that the team did an AWESOME JOB fixing these in the latest patch!! I'm VERY impressed, and these descriptions are now even better than the JP Version's English translation! Great job guys!!

Thank you! Our team appreciates this, as well as feedback on continuing issues!

@GM-Deynger

Of course! There are still a few of these that are a little rough around the edges but they are a LOT better than they were before- i don't fail them by accident because I don't know what the criteria is!

I'd have to at least say that "sites" is a little confusing still. Breakable parts would be a bit clearer.